Prediction Optimistic Thread (Delusion)

Remove this Banner Ad

We can thank the umps for the Carlton loss.

As infuriating as it was, we have to expect we'll cop an utter reaming like that while playing away at least once a year. Not because we're particularly dirty, but because it just seems to happen to us.

image.jpg

Now I'm not sure how we're supposed to rise above it when there are literally two rulebooks being referred to at once (just one example, Henderson's 'mark' is paid; Colquhoun actively has possession stolen from him because Kade ****ing Simpson said so), but hey.

One day we will win one of those,

- Essendon-Port 2011 (24-19),
- SupeRugby 2013 (38-15),
- Showdown2 2014 (24-11),
- DerpBowl 2015 (24-10),

And the smug will sting the nostrils of our enemies.

For the COWS to miss the finals:

1. West Coast need to beat Cows (Adelaide-Oval) [FAIR CHANCE]
2. Geelong need to beat Cows (Simonds) [FAIR CHANCE]
2. Geelong need to beat Collingwood (MCG) [FAIR CHANCE]
After Phil Walsh was murdered, the AFL should have altered its program and said both Geelong and Adelaide played their respective game on the Friday of Rd 22, have a make up game on the Tuesday night at Adelaide Oval and then play Rd 23 game at Kardinia park on Sunday. That way it still would have come down to both Geelong Adelaide games having an impact on who makes the final.

Edit Geelong v Collingwood Rd 22 is on Friday night so only had to move Adelaide v West Coast from Sunday to Friday night - and probably today's WCE v WB to yesterday or last night, to be fair on WCE.

After Phil Walsh was murdered, the AFL should have altered its program and said both Geelong and Adelaide played their respective game on the Friday of Rd 22, have a make up game on the Tuesday night at Adelaide Oval and then play Rd 23 game at Kardinia park on Sunday. That way it still would have come down to both Geelong Adelaide games having an impact on who makes the final.

Playing 3 games in 10 days would fly in the face of umpteen AFLPA agreements, let alone all the other risks and disadvantages to both sides that render that a silly idea.

Playing 3 games in 10 days would fly in the face of umpteen AFLPA agreements, let alone all the other risks and disadvantages to both sides that render that a silly idea.
Thats why you rotate players. You use 28-30 players over 3 games not just 22, and remove the unrestricted rotations for one of the Geelong v Adelaide games. A bit of thinking rather than just blinkers. And stuff the AFLPA, the players got paid for doing nothing. If the PA was consistent they shoud be happy for the players to give the $$$ back.

We can still make finals. Just need a team in the top 8 to be found systematically doping its players. Worked for Carlton in 2013.
Planes, trains and automobiles would also be in that category.

Let our optimism rise to 2016. I hold out hope of an undefeated season, smashing Richmond at Etihad by 200 points whilst racking up the most disposal EVER for an AFL team. Dixon to kick 80 gaols from 10 games spending another 14 injured. Polec to return and win the Brownlow stealing it from Chad.

Let our optimism rise to 2016. I hold out hope of an undefeated season, smashing Richmond at Etihad by 200 points whilst racking up the most disposal EVER for an AFL team. Dixon to kick 80 gaols from 10 games spending another 14 injured. Polec to return and win the Brownlow stealing it from Chad.

Why can't we have joint brownlow winners?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a lot of us have been saying all year, but I hope you're right, and I think it would be amazing if you guys won this year's premiership.
I agree then :). Your best is as good as anyone's , and there would be a number of teams in the 8 who would be very relieved that finals are effectively out of the equation even for this year . All the best for next year
Cheers!

You're only saying this so you can be West Coast 2006 this year
No, I meant it. Besides , we can't be like 2006 this year (as we weren't like 2005 last year ). If anything , it feels like our 2011. But I'm hoping for a miracle (and that it ends up being like the Hawks in 2008...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back