• None of the above

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • Simon Lloyd

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly Moody... A lot of blues supporters I know, think like myself that Barker has been with us for a while and part of an unsuccessful coaching group and now magically he'll be able to take the reigns and build up the players skills, confidence, recruit and be that marketable figure and leader we need in a rebuilding phase.... Sorry personally I don't believe he's the man.

A new face, a guy that 30odd of the remaining players from the current list in 2016 have no association with and will have to work hard to re-prove themselves, a coach that has not been involved with the whole mess of the CFC for the last how many years... And a coach with new ideas from outside successful clubs. A new coach would definitely sell hope and salvage some % of membership.

Punters reacting to Chrisso's 'scoop' and have backed Barker into short priced favourite. Paying 1.80 for a 1.00 wager. Interesting study in human behavior watching the odds fluctuate in line with media stories.

we need fresh blood on the coaching panel, pure and simple...playing group is clearly too comfortable.

If Lloyd does get the coaching role what would be his game plan. If it going to be a defensive one then I don't want him as we just let MM go as his defensive game plan didn't work with the players we have at the moment. I'm not concerned about getting a coach who hasn't played at the highest level. I just want a coach who wants to bang a few heads together to get everyone on the same page and playing as a team. Why is this so damn hard to get right?

If Lloyd does get the coaching role what would be his game plan. If it going to be a defensive one then I don't want him as we just let MM go as his defensive game plan didn't work with the players we have at the moment. I'm not concerned about getting a coach who hasn't played at the highest level. I just want a coach who wants to bang a few heads together to get everyone on the same page and playing as a team. Why is this so damn hard to get right?
Hawthorn supporters have been telling me that Bolton is nowhere near the smiley little fella we all saw last year. Apparently he gave the spray to end all sprays when he was coaching Box Hill Hawks and is pretty fearsome and ruthless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the club needs to declare every single position in the club vacant and have the incumbents re apply via a selection panel. Of various drips under pressure.

And then there's this...

Carlton happy to wait for new coach

Carlton is prepared to wait until the very end of the season to welcome their new coach, should he have finals commitments to see through with another club.

Blues president Mark LoGiudice said the club was well prepared for the off-season under the leadership of football boss Andrew McKay and list manager Stephen Silvagni, and was also prepared to wait for the right man.

Punters reacting to Chrisso's 'scoop' and have backed Barker into short priced favourite. Paying 1.80 for a 1.00 wager. Interesting study in human behavior watching the odds fluctuate in line with media stories.
Good authority Barker has tested positive for Cobalt.

Had a bad feeling when Simon Lloyd was being touted that he may be paving the way for Lyon in a year or two.
Don't want to disrespect Barker too much, but if Bolton or Dew is available to revamp our stagnant footy department
with a successful model, he is not the man. We need that "new broom", a revamp, and the associated vitality.

Given the history of our powerbrokers, I am fearing a high profile messiah is still their choice, with us treading
water until he becomes available. On field, footy is still a sport more than a business. Conservative, percentage based
decision making is more likely to bring mediocrity. Someone, anyone who has been there and done that, on multiple
occasions will be unlikely to have the passion and hunger to take full ownership of a long term process. There will
almost always be the element of resting on their laurels, believing their way is still the only way, as opposed to analysis
and innovation looking for that extra couple of percent. (After righting the ship, of course) We need our man NOW.

I reiterate, Bolton is our man. From successful model, 2IC in that model for a number of years over the likes of
Beveridge and Simpson. Is a driven man, a teacher, a motivator and (I believe) an innovator. The business types,
holding the reins should be buoyed by the prospect of the number 2 man from the most successful model, which
has produced the seemingly rising stars in the coaching ranks. Surely a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back