Traded Paddy Dow [Traded to St Kilda in 4-Team Trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

So you guys don't want him?
Why haggle over a pick if you don't want him.
We offered him a contract. He chose to explore his options.

Who says we're haggling? No one knows if SOS has actually tabled an offer yet.

Dow is 2 years older while Stephens still has time to turn it around. They both have enough talent to go high in the draft but it's a ticking timebomb on potential vs proven bust and Dow was a few seasons too long to get any value.

Dow is 24 and came to Carlton very small, we're not talking about a late 20s wash up here.

I'd argue Dow's current level sees him as an AFL standard mid, albeit probably a rotational one. He's got some strong positives and I'd be more than happy to keep him on the list personally...

I'm realistic that we'll get stuff all, but I feel we as a club could handle these situations better, even if it's through some PR / media planting.

I suspect SOS and Austin have mutually agreed to get it done later in the period, when the dust settles on their other trades. If SOS does alright out of the Henry, Gresham, Coffield deals he will probably be ok throwing us an F3 or something out of goodwill (maybe with an F4 coming back). If things don't work out to his liking, he will figure he's not in a position to do that and we probably just give him Dow for nothing rather than force him through the PSD.

I'm realistic that we'll get stuff all, but I feel we as a club could handle these situations better, even if it's through some PR / media planting.

What's wrong with what the club has said?

What's wrong with what the club has said?

The prevailing media sentiment with Fisher and Dow has been that we have essentially been open to helping them continue their careers elsewhere. That doesn't help us strike good deals. I think Austin is soft, when there is need for flexibility in trade situations, I get the feeling it's typically us that bends. That's my view and Austin doesn't strike me as a "strong personality" from what I've seen of him.

I have no idea why Carlton posters were cheering the Fisher deal, North absolutely got the better of us there for a contracted player. Dow looking likely to leave for next to nothing.

Sorry I was talking about Carlton fans. If you guys don't rate him then why keep asking for a F3 instead of a F4?

Sorry I was talking about Carlton fans. If you guys don't rate him then why keep asking for a F3 instead of a F4?

I've never said any of that so why don't you go ask whoever you're referring to then? Better idea than you replying to my posts with garbo.

The prevailing media sentiment with Fisher and Dow has been that we have essentially been open to helping them continue their careers elsewhere. That doesn't help us strike good deals. I think Austin is soft, when there is need for flexibility in trade situations, I get the feeling it's typically us that bends. That's my view and Austin doesn't strike me as a "strong personality" from what I've seen of him.

I have no idea why Carlton posters were cheering the Fisher deal, North absolutely got the better of us there for a contracted player. Dow looking likely to leave for next to nothing.

Not a club in the land would give a second for Dow, and we only offered him minimum chips with no Gametime guaranteed, so why make his exit difficult? Disagree it's soft, it's just the reality of the situation.

Not a club in the land would give a second for Dow, and we only offered him minimum chips with no Gametime guaranteed, so why make his exit difficult? Disagree it's soft, it's just the reality of the situation.

And the Fisher situation?

I guess we will never know what clubs might have given for Dow, because we allowed it be known we are for some reason happy to help him pack his bags. I highlighted the Stephens trade as an good example of how a club can get it done in very similar circumstances.

Dude, you quoted me first, I'm replying to you. What do you think he is worth?

You keep bleating "we don't want him" when the article you originally posted says the exact opposite.

He's worth what St Kilda are prepared to pay. We won't get a say in it.

You keep bleating "we don't want him" when the article you originally posted says the exact opposite.

He's worth what St Kilda are prepared to pay. We won't get a say in it.
Never mentioned that you guys didn't want him. Actually stating that Crlton do want him and that he's a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess we will never know what clubs might have given for Dow, because we allowed it be known we are for some reason happy to help him pack his bags. I highlighted the Stephens trade as an good example of how a club can get it done in very similar circumstances.

Maybe we took that approach last year and got no takers.

How many trade related meetings have you been involved in with Austin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back