Traded Paddy Dow [Traded to St Kilda in 4-Team Trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyons showed much more in his last seasons at both Adelaide and GC than Dow has.
Yeah, but you're moving the goal posts.

The person was making a point that just because a player is behind perceived average/ bad players, it doesn't mean they can't go on to be decent elsewhere.

Wright was behind Sam Day at GC and couldn't get a game.

Yeah, but you're moving the goal posts.

The person was making a point that just because a player is behind perceived average/ bad players, it doesn't mean they can't go on to be decent elsewhere.

Wright was behind Sam Day at GC and couldn't get a game.
Wright isn’t a good comparison.
Most AFL pundits know that Gold Coast players are ripe for the picking and perform better at other sides.

Wright was always a decent player at GC.
He just needed a clear run at it and a club to play him in position.

With the season all but done he could be one of the only potential positives left in 2023. I hope he stays in the side the rest of the season, plays some good footy and signs a contract extension.

It would suck to see him play regularly at another club for peanuts. I suspect it will happen. Like Setterfield and Stocker before him.
Pick 3 and all there is, is hope after 6 seasons.
Big price to pay for a VFL player.

Quite a few Carlton fans seem to think Dow's been treated harshly, and that a few other blokes should be lining up for the VFL before him.....
Pretty much all (apart from a couple die hard, head in the sand, we love Voss) fans know he has been incredibly hard done by. Have no doubt he will tear it up at his next club.
Arguably the biggest list mismanagement u will see - will walk to the next club for nothing. Watch his highlights on twitter, he can play & the fact he hasn’t sooked it up shows the character of the bloke.
What’s incredibly telling is can u ever remember any other player ever getting cheers from the crowd when he comes on as sub & get touches?
Part of it is a F U to Voss, but it’s also genuine support for him too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not an AFL player and will list clog if picked elsewhere. Poor defensively, can't kick and poor endurance. If he couldn't iron out his deficiencies in his first 6 seasons very unlikely he does that now
I think he's got enough attributes to take a punt on for nothing. Defensive work is definitely something that can improve under the right coach.

His kicking has actually been pretty good at AFL level from what I've seen, but it's clearly not an over all strength of his. But if someone like Ben Keats can go on to make a fist of it and get the most out of himself I don't see why Dow can't.

I reckon there will be more than a few clubs happy to take the punt.

I think he's got enough attributes to take a punt on for nothing. Defensive work is definitely something that can improve under the right coach.

His kicking has actually been pretty good at AFL level from what I've seen, but it's clearly not an over all strength of his. But if someone like Ben Keats can go on to make a fist of it and get the most out of himself I don't see why Dow can't.

I reckon there will be more than a few clubs happy to take the punt.
Ben Keays was a star forward in the reserves with BL before being picked up by adelaide

Yes, as a midfielder. Keys is able to play a 2nd position and is playing more forward this year as he has been overtaken by others. Dow can only play one position and only to a low standard. Dow is delist material
To a low standard? He's probably close to the best player in the VFL atm. When was the last time you actually watched him play a full game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back