Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Use performance to filter out players and then make a judgment call from actually watching them.
But which factors go into performance? Looking at the raw numbers, you have a group of Hauritz, Krejza, Casson, Agar, then ahead of them is Lyon, McGain, Maxwell, and streets ahead again is Steve O'Keefe. Are they looking at consistency? Propensity to take bags of wickets? Because there is no obvious performance based reason to have overlooked O'Keefe to this stage.

Rogers isnt flash against spin.
People keep saying this but it isn't true. He isn't flash, but he is a very smart cricketer who will stick to a plan and will try to go about it the right way. He may or may not get runs; he tends to miss out in the first test of a series so lets just see.

The thing about Rogers is he is very good batting on wickets which give batsmen nothing. He has scored piles of runs on dodgy MCG and SCG wickets and scored a fourth innings century against SA a few months ago when all bar Warner struggled to hit it off the square.

Had a few drinks. patience is low.

can someone explain to me the end of the panicstan innings?

Cricinfo has number 9 absent hurt without facing a ball, number 10 out for a duck, number 11 (Imran Khan!!) DNB and the team all out. I can't follow it.

So what do we think is a par score at stumps and, more importantly, how many down?

Probably more important to be no more than 1 down at stumps IMO. Runs will take care of themselves.
Not a bad result to limit Pakistan to 454 considering how well they were going not that long ago.

Cricinfo has number 9 absent hurt without facing a ball, number 10 out for a duck, number 11 (Imran Khan!!) DNB and the team all out. I can't follow it.

The orthodox spinnner Barbar retired hurt at tea, then the number 11 faced a couple of balls and holed out to deep mid-wicket.

they meant to put "retired hurt" for whatever score he was on (7?) instead of absent hurt. they'll fix it all up.

No. 9 retired hurt on 7* at tea
No. 10 was out 2 balls after tea for a duck
No. 11 finished 0* without facing a ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't remember a time a spinner has taken the new ball in Test Match cricket.

Happened a few times against India last time out.....

I've seen it a few times recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back