Patrick Dangerfield Will Be The Best Player in The AFL in 5 Years Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Seduced.

All seduced by the media

8 games in his career has Tommy bagged 5 or more. 8 times in 8 seasons. It's like Christmas, Tommy has a day out once a year.

You've been seduced because he beat up on Kyle Cheney. Had Brian Lake played, Tommy would have been wearing the subs vest after half time.

A good point. I'd appreciate yours or Pav103's views on the following though.

Noting that (in my opinion) neither Hawkins nor Dangerfield are the league's best in their positions which do you think is the greatest gap? The gap between Dangerfield and the league's best midfielder or the gap between Hawkins and the league's best KPF?

Regards

S. Pete

I don't think you've asked a question that is going to serve what you're trying to say.

At the moment, the bigger gap is between Dangerfield and Ablett.

Ask 50 people who the current best midfielder in the league is, and you'll probably get 45+ telling you Ablett.

As I see it, there probably isn't currently a comfortable "league best KPF". Probably Nick Riewoldt on form, but there are a few other players right up there, and Hawkins is definitely in that mix. Roughead, Cloke, Cameron, Schulz, Hawkins. You could throw a blanket over that group plus a few other guys as it stands. So logically, Hawkins is probably closer to being the best KPF than Dangerfield is to being the best midfielder.

If Geelong had a half decent replacement for Hawkins it would. West Coast, Geelong (09), Sydney have all won semi-recent premierships without a dominant key forward.

But they don't. Hawkins is arguably only behind Stevie J and maybe Taylor as their most important player.

I don't think you've asked a question that is going to serve what you're trying to say.

At the moment, the bigger gap is between Dangerfield and Ablett.

Ask 50 people who the current best midfielder in the league is, and you'll probably get 45+ telling you Ablett.

As I see it, there probably isn't currently a comfortable "league best KPF". Probably Nick Riewoldt on form, but there are a few other players right up there, and Hawkins is definitely in that mix. Roughead, Cloke, Cameron, Schulz, Hawkins. You could throw a blanket over that group plus a few other guys as it stands. So logically, Hawkins is probably closer to being the best KPF than Dangerfield is to being the best midfielder.

statistics.jpg

How many games do the player watch?
Do they watch all Crows games?
Give me the stats of them watching all the Crows games....

There would be a varying amount of viewing among players.
Some would watch no Crows games at all, except tapes for when they play the Crows.
They would be heavily influenced by media opinion and because they don't watch all the games, would largely depend on this.

How the heck would players be in the best position to judge?
Same as umpries with Brownlow votes.
I couldn't think of anyone in a worse position to judge.

Awwww how quaint

The fact is you're a random nuffie claiming to have a superior insights to the elite.

You're argument is based on "I (don't) think..."

With so much I in your premise, its reasonable to ask who the * are and why should anyone care?

And that's before even touching the simple minded judgements, which just reinforce the cluelessness

Good job

Someone arguing that Ablett is only the best midfielder in the league based on statistics doesn't watch a lot of football.

The only thing I've argued is that Hawkins is a God.
But I like how you designated the sample size, demographics and ran your power analysis and determined what power you wanted.

BTW: Dangerfield = Shank Merchant

The only thing I've argued is that Hawkins is a God.
But I like how you designated the sample size, demographics and ran your power analysis to determine what power you wanted.

BTW: Dangerfield = Shank Merchant

Hawkins is one of several key forwards currently around the mark for the heavily disputed title of "best current KPF"

Best midfielder is undisputed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awwww how quaint

The fact is you're a random nuffie claiming to have a superior insights to the elite.

You're argument is based on "I (don't) think..."

With so much I in your premise, its reasonable to ask who the **** are and why should anyone care?

And that's before even touching the simple minded judgements, which just reinforce the cluelessness

Good job

Just because you think that players who don't even watch all the games, have more idea than some supporters who do.... doesn't make it true.

How does he rank in DE?
You have inherited the classic Port board bollocks sentiment that Danger's disposal is bad, when in reality it's much improved. The chip on the shoulder simply doesn't allow you to realise how bloody good he actually is. By his careers end, he will not be remembered in the way you are trying to make him out to be.

To be fair 'danger's' disposal was woeful in the showdown.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Just because you think that players who don't even watch all the games, have more idea than some supporters who do.... doesn't make it true.

What you mean is that you think I should prefer the views of a random nobody like yourself over the experts.

In fact you're only claim to fame is the unverified assertion that you watch more games. And that's without even talking about whether you have the knowledge, experience and expertise to make meaningful assessments of what you see.

Fact is all reasonable people will prefer expertise over a random clueless nuffie.

That you even question this just pigeonholes you as a nuffie

The media rates him, the players rate him based on his placings in the players MVP the last two years and the players top 50, the coaches rate him based on his placings in the coaches votes the last two years and the attention he cops week in week out, the umpires rate him based on his placings in the brownlow the last two years, the AA selectors rate him putting him in the team the last two years.

You'd want to have a pretty good argument ready if you want to argue that all of these people are just wrong.

Probably just another top 100 mid on form till the weekend where he murdered GWS in a home game.
Yeah it might be a bit of a stretch to put him in anything but maybe a top 50 so far this season.
A running top 5 for the season would include some consistent mids like Ablett and Pendlebury to go with KPP's like Riewoldt...noone could tell me Dangerfield is anywhere near that level.
Some consistency might help with that.

Probably just another top 100 mid on form till the weekend where he murdered GWS in a home game.
Yeah it might be a bit of a stretch to put him in anything but maybe a top 50 so far this season.
A running top 5 for the season would include some consistent mids like Ablett and Pendlebury to go with KPP's like Riewoldt...noone could tell me Dangerfield is anywhere near that level.
Some consistency might help with that.

Because its all always sensible to make big calls on tiny sample sizes ;)

Because its all always sensible to make big calls on tiny sample sizes ;)
"big call" ? small sample sizes" ?
Probably the easiest call anyone could make with both eyes open.

The absolute top of the tree guys dont need to cop occasional hand shandy's from biased fans after easy wins...their place in the game is simply obvious to all and it doesnt need to be explained or defended.

Do you need me to explain sample sizes to you?
Yes please...you're an Adelaide fan, which means when you arnt wearing a short A frame skirt waving pom poms around for a club run by cheats and morons, you are busy reading the local press and making up biased s**t that only another 12yo would believe.

Dont stop there though...whilst you;re at it you should explain in detail how Adelaide got so isolated that they get taught a completely different version of stats to the rest of the world...and maybe even how the Adelaide fans in here disappeared and got replaced by a bunch of dumbarse tweenies with absolutely no idea about the game.
So yes go ahead, there's a lot u can teach us...so dont stop at your version of school level stats.

Yes please...you're an Adelaide fan, which means when you arnt wearing a short A frame skirt waving pom poms around for a club run by cheats and morons, you are busy reading the local press and making up biased s**t that only another 12yo would believe.

Dont stop there though...whilst you;re at it you should explain in detail how Adelaide got so isolated that they get taught a completely different version of stats to the rest of the world...and maybe even how the Adelaide fans in here disappeared and got replaced by a bunch of dumbarse tweenies with absolutely no idea about the game.
So yes go ahead, there's a lot u can teach us...so dont stop at your version of school level stats.

My that's a lot of unresolved frustration. but well done you on a first class meltdown

I just thought a swans supporter would understand a small sample size. Particularly having just signed up to 9 years of a guys career, and gotten a minimal return in the first couple of games.

Then again some of you guys are fairly new to the game ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back