NFL Patriots do it again or should we just call them Cheatriots

Remove this Banner Ad

Cowboys fans disappeared from the board en masse, except for their thread, right around the time that the Eagles won the Superbowl. Amazing coincidence, they all realised that the game was doomed and they didnt like the rest of the board then. If we'd lost I'm sure they'd have popped up. Did the board become worse then, or is it because they lost their feeling of mastery? Trapped in Jerry's hell world, they clung to the whole 'at least we've won a superbowl' for decades, and with that gone so was their feeling of superiority. BDN broke them.

Pretty simplistic self centered view here on Cowboys fans. I recall sending you a well wishing PM before you even played in the SB wishing you the best of luck. I hold no grudges and like the rivalry we have honestly.

Now what others do in my absence i cannot control but i also recall making it clear as to my decision why in private. None of my motives even remotely mirror your own thinking regarding Cowboys fans on here and the painting everyone with same brush is a bit harsh but i do understand the rivalry and hatred you have towards us supporters but it is not really going back the same way IMO even though you carry a deep hatred within you that alters reasonable discussion as it just wont happen.

Anyway it is what it is and i am finding my NFL online chat elsewhere and this board is hardly my first priority for game day chats cause it is polluted by idiots currently that just want to troll.

Pretty simplistic self centered view here on Cowboys fans. I recall sending you a well wishing PM before you even played in the SB wishing you the best of luck. I hold no grudges and like the rivalry we have honestly.

Now what others do in my absence i cannot control but i also recall making it clear as to my decision why in private. None of my motives even remotely mirror your own thinking regarding Cowboys fans on here and the painting everyone with same brush is a bit harsh but i do understand the rivalry and hatred you have towards us supporters but it is not really going back the same way IMO even though you carry a deep hatred within you that alters reasonable discussion as it just wont happen.

Anyway it is what it is and i am finding my NFL online chat elsewhere and this board is hardly my first priority for game day chats cause it is polluted by idiots currently that just want to troll.
I appreciate your post, can we start having you post more frequently, so that we might get that extra depth to your incredible repertoire of intellectual acumen? You have quite an armoury of information that actually has us shrieking in fear from your incredible gravitas. Would you grace us with your routine presence?

Steelers fans- that's self explanatory too. From a dynasty to also rans, and some fans just aren't willing to be around for those periods.

Also-rans we may be but there will be a regeneration flow as it tends to be with most teams getting younger and making new inroads but the case with the Steeler following on BF isn't as much as many dare to believe. I choose to discuss NFL/Steelers moreso than the overall league nowadays with my own tribe via Facebook groups/ it's called networking to plan better trips in the future - substance discussions.

The substance of discussion - hub location isn't as satisfying on this latest upgrade of BF as it's heavily scrutinised. I'm free to express myself how I choose on my other forums I'm currently on.

This is classic Woodson mate!

Team goes to shit = fu** the NFL and i don't follow it anymore!

I also in saying that have taken a massive step back for the first time in decades for a few reasons but team success has never been one argument as my Cowboys have done jack shit for decades now. Funny how others drop off as soon as they realize they are not contenders anymore and it is classic band wagon stuff from Woodson who will choose to switch off when the Steelers suddenly have a drop off.

I have told him many times he has been blessed with the success he has seen first hand and it is not to be taken for granted.

I doubt you even realise I post on the Steelers fb forums so I think that your above statement is hogwash. My expectations dropped off when AB#84 WALKED.
When Big Ben went down, it just made the season a passive following meaning = ain't waking up early to follow / watch games.. only late games - prime time which I happen to catch. Discussing other stuff with my Steeler & Mets amigo's O/S was more fulfilling subject matter.

FWIW, still keep a running notebook of the Steelers winning result via my fb wall. Who takes success for granted? Not me. Blessed I am. No Q about that.

I doubt you even realise I post on the Steelers fb forums so I think that your above statement is hogwash. My expectations dropped off when AB#84 WALKED.
When Big Ben went down, it just made the season a passive following meaning = ain't waking up early to follow / watch games.. only late games - prime time which I happen to catch. Discussing other stuff with my Steeler & Mets amigo's O/S was more fulfilling subject matter.

FWIW, still keep a running notebook of the Steelers winning result via my fb wall. Who takes success for granted? Not me. Blessed I am. No Q about that.
I find the US forums same as here tbh. Even more angst.

I find the US forums same as here tbh. Even more angst.

All depends on the forum.. there are 'educated posters' who I befriend.. vs the not so qualified (ignore those type).. some real dimwits there who cop a hammering which is hilarious to read (real bandwagon type). I think knowing where sarcasm meets hope is the channel of discussion that brings the best of the opinions.

With no link to football operations, Patriots’ punishment should be minimal

Posted by Mike Florio on January 2, 2020, 9:55 AM EST

The league did the right thing by exploring whether the Patriots video crew that filmed Cincinnati’s sideline last month had any connection whatsoever to the New England football operation. The next question is whether the NFL, in the absence of any link, will do the right thing when fashioning a punishment for the Patriots.

Mark Maske of the Washington Post, who reported on Wednesday that the league found no connection between the video crew and football operations, reiterated on his prior report that the discipline will be “consistent with” recent penalties for game-day infractions.

Incidents previously articulated by Maske include former Giants coach Ben McAdoo improperly using a walkie-talkie on the sideline ($150,000 fine, fourth-round pick reduced), former Browns G.M. Ray Farmer improperly texting the sideline during a game ($250,000 fine, four-game suspension for Farmer), the Falcons pumping in fake crowd noise ($350,000 fine, stripping of fifth-round pick), #deflategate ($1 million fine, first-round and fourth-round pick taken), and the Ravens having two defensive players on the field with coach-to-player communication devices in their helmets ($200,000). Each of those situations involved deliberate, intentional actions that both violated the rules and were aimed at generating some tangible benefit for the team. (That said, the league got it factually wrong with #deflategate; the evidence was inconclusive at best regarding tampering with football air pressure.) With no connection between the video crew and football operations, the Patriots may have violated the rules, but there was no mechanism for actually using it to the team’s advantage.

That’s why the penalty should be minimal. It’s a technicality, an inadvertent violation of the rules absent a way to convert that violation into a strategic benefit. And while that doesn’t excuse the behavior, it keeps it distinct from the examples identified by Maske, and it makes the prospect of taking away draft picks unwarranted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league's investigation of the Patriots' illegal filming of the Bengals' sideline "remains under review."
This is one of the stories the world has forgotten about as the COVID-19 pandemic has dominated public life, but the matter has never been closed. The Patriots have already admitted wrongdoing but insisted it was an accident. Their past history certainly won't be working in their favor. With the draft only nine days away, it seems unlikely any punishment will involve the stripping of 2020 draft picks.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Apr 14, 2020, 4:07 PM ET

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league's investigation of the Patriots' illegal filming of the Bengals' sideline "remains under review."
This is one of the stories the world has forgotten about as the COVID-19 pandemic has dominated public life, but the matter has never been closed. The Patriots have already admitted wrongdoing but insisted it was an accident. Their past history certainly won't be working in their favor. With the draft only nine days away, it seems unlikely any punishment will involve the stripping of 2020 draft picks.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Apr 14, 2020, 4:07 PM ET

This is one of those issues they needed to sweep under the rug during a major distraction.... surprised they are actually going to do something.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots were fined $1.1 million and will lose their 2021 third-round pick for filming the Bengals sideline.
The Cam Newton signing was announced literally 16 minutes before this massive story. It's a news dump that will be taught in PR classes for decades. Coach Bill Belichick and owner Robert Kraft deserve all the credit in the world for the past two decades of Lombardi hoisting, but this is not the first time they have been punished for cheating. This is the most laughable, however, as they sent a few staffers to spy on the coaches of a 1-12 Bengals team. The true consequence of this inexcusable offense is further tarnish to Belichick and Kraft's legacies, not the relatively minor fine and loss of a forgettable Day 2 pick.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jun 28, 2020, 8:38 PM ET

This is the most laughable, however, as they sent a few staffers to spy on the coaches of a 1-12 Bengals team

😂😂😂😂

Can never be too careful, Shefty. Thats why you're a journo and not a head coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back