Analysis Peel Thunder 2015 (TV schedule in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking there'd be a pretty big chance of him going before our pick in the rookie draft unless we ND him

Glad to hear most are on board my future buddy Bootsma's bandwagon :thumbsu:

Personally I think it's a no-brainer. Got on him super early as I felt he possessed the raw talent to make it at AFL level and was probably a bit stiff (sorry couldn't help myself) to get delisted with the innumerous dickheads at Carlton. Him being given the VC at Peel was clearly a nod to his maturity and buy-in.

Has a had a good year, hopefully having him under our wing down there has given the club enough to go on to take the punt on him for 2016.

Rookie list him and ban him from getting any mobile plans with data

True but let's be honest he wasn't the brains trust or the motivator.

By the way I can't make training something far less interesting has come up. Maybe next week instead.
We don't really want a brains trust though. We want a whipping boy coach that'll play with Freo's best interests in mind, not Peels (as much as it sucks for Peel)

Moller does need to do more around the ground but Hannath took the vast majority of the ruck, so he had little opportunity. And he might have been sore from shouldering all the ruck duties the week before. That is something he has rarely done since coming out of reserves, so it must have been a shock to the system. It looks like he was taken out of the forward line and put on the bench as well because we were top heavy forward. That seemed to let Taberner run amok deep. When Moller took over the ruck in the last quarter, he and Grey were instrumental in allowing us to get the ball forward, so he needs to be given the credit for that. He is probably the most technically savvy of all the ruckman we have. Even being underweight against the EP ruckmen, he was still able to manoeuvre himself to get the best ruck position on many occasions. Clarke has 4 years more development and is still incapable of doing that.
Bootsma is one for the club to decide. If they want him he is sitting there and is conversant with the game plan. He played on a budding afl level player and was beaten imo (and in Tony Michails opinion. Although he can be a bit harsh at times). One could argue that is exactly what happened when he was in the afl for Carlton but he is older now and might have improved. Personally, I thought Anderson played a better game then him. But that's just my opinion. Maybe if we put Bootsma leg on Anderson, we would have the perfect third tall. :) Anyway if you believe the talk we are looking at him so you can all be happy, finally.
Alex was excellent in the first half from what I recall. I remember thinking it was an excellent return after a poor game against Port. He is an exceedingly good player below his knees for such a big guy and gets himself out of trouble in the Johnson mould. .
Langdon looks ready to explode next year and he and Grey should start pushing out some of our under-perfoming inner fringe next season. Form and injury permitting.
I whimped out and stayed snuggled up to my little dog, watching the game on tv, listening to the radio commentary. (They actually know the names of the players). You should be complimented on your commitment and bravery for braving the elements and I'm sure you lovely partner was just concerned about your health.
p.s. when I watch the replay, I might conclude that everything I have said here is total rubbish. That happens a fair bit.
Alex played well when in defence in the first half then was moved forward - the game was over by this stage and east Perth were starting to dominate. Had they kicked straight, the margin would have been much greater. AP has obviously had injury issues over the last few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex played well when in defence in the first half then was moved forward - the game was over by this stage and east Perth were starting to dominate. Had they kicked straight, the margin would have been much greater. AP has obviously had injury issues over the last few weeks.
Yeah I liked his game early. Was a huge improvement on the week before. Back to normal.:thumbsu:

Re bootsma he should have put some weight on the last two years. Is he gonna be a twig forever?
Yeah. That type of body and apparently refused to take supplements to help build himself up while at Carlton. He will never be a key back. The question is will he be any good playing on smaller, lighter forwards at AFL level.

Connor Blakey polled the most Sandover votes for Peel
Connor Blakely (Peel Thunder) – 28
Jacob Ballard (Peel Thunder) – 26
Brendon Jones (Peel Thunder) – 22

The winner was Aidan Tropiano (Perth) with 45 votes. Menegola cam 3rd with 41 votes from only 12 games.

EDIT:
Peel's top 5 was rounded out by;
Leroy Jetta – 17
Tendai Mzungu – 16

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back