Cars & Transportation People who never get a driving licence

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like I was a very late starter with bike riding - I was 11 or 12 before I could ... I was pretty slow developer with physical skills ... and then it was my grandfather who taught me when he was shocked to find out I couldn't ride one

is my main form of transport now

I am one of the few who forgot how to ride a bike - learnt when I was 4 or 5 like most people, then never got another bike when I outgrew the one I had. Had to learn from scratch when I was about 11.

When I started out in the working world I was amazed how many people didn't actually have a licence. Now I'm surprised to see how many don't know how to ride a bike.

You'd be surprised at how many people can't ride a bike. And it's very difficult to learn as an adult (from those that I know who have tried).

It would be pretty embarrassing having a bike with training wheels when you're an adult.

It would be pretty embarrassing having a bike with training wheels when you're an adult.

heck I've heard it all now. Surely this can only happen on BF.
1- Where it is Common to not be able to have a license because they "Never needed to drive"
2- Not be able to ride a bike.
Christ almighty there is some weird units in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruising around the suburbs on my BMX with my mates every day after school was one of the best things about my childhood. Haven't ridden a bike in probably 10 years now. Back then (early 00's) everyone I knew rode a bike around.

I still remember the time when some old bloke pulled his car over to tell me off for riding on the footpath. I was 9. Piss off and get a life you old codger.

Cruising around the suburbs on my BMX with my mates every day after school was one of the best things about my childhood. Haven't ridden a bike in probably 10 years now. Back then (early 00's) everyone I knew rode a bike around.

I still remember the time when some old bloke pulled his car over to tell me off for riding on the footpath. I was 9. Piss off and get a life you old codger.

Pretty sure you can if you're under the age of 12 anyway, well you can in South Australia. Don't see a problem with people using the footpath if riding a bike if they don't feel comfortable on the road.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did you use to take to primary school gang fights?

Sent from mTalk

I remember the anticipation when I was 99% sure I was getting a bike for my birthday. I got it, best present ever for a kid! (Second hand mind you, a new one would've been too expensive).

My brothers used to tinker with theirs all the time; repainting the frames (a fascinating exercise with lots of newspaper and spray paint), adding better gears and new wheels etc. Ah the good old days...

Last edited:

Used to ride mine to tennis, netball, visiting friends, to school, nearly always rode on the footpath, road was considered too dangerous for a kid. No one wore helmets in those days.

Drove my bike heapsc. Never touched it again the moment I could use the motorised stuff.

Even hate the exercise bike at gym...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back