Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

But it's Tim Ramsey from the Facebook.

And he knows the "inner circle"
15f2a74b-4cdc-4821-bba1-6a43dcb85ad3_text.gif

My concern is that this new contract will be Zac’s last with Port, takes him into free agency (restricted) but vic teams will come with big contracts. Not that I doubt our list management teams ability to manage these risks.

Obviously a lot will depend on on-field results, the sugar hit of making finals may not be enough for him - he may want finals success.

My concern is that this new contract will be Zac’s last with Port, takes him into free agency (restricted) but vic teams will come with big contracts. Not that I doubt our list management teams ability to manage these risks.

Obviously a lot will depend on on-field results, the sugar hit of making finals may not be enough for him - he may want finals success.
:eek::oops::eekv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what is your end game talking about butters being traded did he bash u in high school
To be clear, my preference is for Zak to be one club player but I don't think the sky will fall if he decides to leave at his free agency.

If I were advising him I'd tell him to leave when he hits free agency. Stay and you just end up being Boak or Gray - a fine individual career but no team success to show for it and a resulting lower standing in the game than you should have. Not everyone cares as much about that though and loyalty and playing with their mates trumps team success. Who knows where Butters stands with that.

Look there’s no,point in this what if. Enjoy his next few years and probably more with us.

Zak will be a RFA at the end of this contract - at worst it ends up a Jeremy Cameron situation where we pocket multiple first rounders if a trade is forced.

Its smart play by his agent, himself and the club. Leaves room for a monster deal regardless of where and the club will be heartily compensated either through trade or Zak signing on.

If I were advising him I'd tell him to leave when he hits free agency. Stay and you just end up being Boak or Gray - a fine individual career but no team success to show for it and a resulting lower standing in the game than you should have. Not everyone cares as much about that though and loyalty and playing with their mates trumps team success. Who knows where Butters stands with that.
Or he just might happen to win a flag here and he gets the best of both worlds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back