Picola & District FL 3rds Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes he only received three weeks.Not good enough. Apparently he only spat at him and not on him! Bloody joke.
is if ed mckenzie making the bushies pre season squad isnt the biggest joke ive heard, i have no idea what is.
gus ford killed it in that match, and we all know gus is much better than ed. friggen ridiculous.

anyway, what players from the under17s this season are leaving to other clubs?
from katandra there is-
matt clarke- shep swans
dylan rustem- shep swans
tyson marsden- shep swans
lachlan sidebottom- shep united

is if ed mckenzie making the bushies pre season squad isnt the biggest joke ive heard, i have no idea what is.
gus ford killed it in that match, and we all know gus is much better than ed. friggen ridiculous.

anyway, what players from the under17s this season are leaving to other clubs?
from katandra there is-
matt clarke- shep swans
dylan rustem- shep swans
tyson marsden- shep swans
lachlan sidebottom- shep united

I'd suspect the bushies picked the players and although your well entitled to your opinion , I suspect they'd be well equipped to make decisions on who can and can't make it through to their final squad, obviously they don't support your opinion ?
Out of interest why are all these players leaving Katandra ?

I'd suspect the bushies picked the players and although your well entitled to your opinion , I suspect they'd be well equipped to make decisions on who can and can't make it through to their final squad, obviously they don't support your opinion ?
Out of interest why are all these players leaving Katandra ?
all of them apart from sidebottom are originally from shepp and they were always going back in to play u/18s when they finished 3rds at katandra.

most of his family's moved on from the club and he wants to have a crack at a higher standard of footy.

I hope he is going to play GV Seniors not just linger in the under 18's, because PDFL seniors, which you'd assume he would be trying to play if still at Katandra, is a significant better standard than GV under 18's, and would be a lot better for his footy development .

The Sidebottom family has strong ties at both clubs, Shepp United & Katandra. I do support your notion PTF in that senior PDFL footy would be a better place.

Wow hank2 from what i saw in the game Ed killed it. Spoke to a few people who were from other leagues and they told me he was a stand out. He played all year at CHF for dookie so maybe they see him as a forward that can ruck.

There is going to be so many good kids leave the PDFL next year and it sucks big time, if the comp was under 18s it would make the league so much stronger as the kids will stick around.

Dookie are set to loose 16 3rds from last year and maybe will keep 4 for the senoirs due to the lure of playing un18s.

Everyone says that dookie east katandra are lucky to be so close to shepp but in fact we loose more players to GVFL or the KDFL because the kids want to play un18s.

I'd only recommend going on to play U-18's if they were not going to get a game in the Seniors. If they were a good chance on playing Senior footy you'd be mad to go into another underage comp.

i do agree with you there brownsnake
that is a gun team, although i would take out tyson marsden and brandon corish and put in marc luci from strathy and josh peers from blighty.
Would have Brock Palmer (strath) in there as well kid is a FREAK!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Browny I suspect your post is in reference to the NW side picked by Yank , if you spend a little time reading and comprehending, you'll most likely understand that it isn't necessarily my view , I solely added the clubs to the side yank picked .
where did you pull yank from?

my bad.
i thought you were referring to me.

a decent amount of last seasons thirds have gone up to seniors, or to other clubs to play u 18s.
what players do we think have a good chance of winning the league medal?
i'd imagine clurey (katty) and saunders (tungamah) would be in seniors all year, so i'd rule them out.

id rule out small as well as he should be playing seniors all yr next yr as well as olly ross by the sounds of it katty will struggle in the 1s and he will probly play up as well. lochy morrison is my tip, shepp east seniors will be strong again and hell probly only play a couple of games up in the 1s.

Jayden Thewma have to be a chance if he stays at dookie, antonowicz is still not 100% sure where his going.

Hicks will get 2 votes behind small at katunga every game so his a chance for a place.

What is ashame with PDFL is all the tallent that is heading into town or other clubs to play un18s i would say 20 of the best 30 kids from the SE are leaving the league next year.

Jayden Thewma have to be a chance if he stays at dookie, antonowicz is still not 100% sure where his going.

Hicks will get 2 votes behind small at katunga every game so his a chance for a place.

What is ashame with PDFL is all the tallent that is heading into town or other clubs to play un18s i would say 20 of the best 30 kids from the SE are leaving the league next year.
Every year around this time we hear of young players looking to continue playing underage football.
A tip with a bit of experience, the smart ones stay at their PDFL club and have at least one full year of senior football.
3 players, at least, who were eligible for the rising star this year won their clubs senior b&F and are now apparently being approached with considerable offers to play senior, div 1 , state or better standard footy.
Most who choose to play under 18's dont go on, big fish in little pond , by the same thinking, plenty leave under 16's to play PDFL 17's , so that they are top age , the percentages I suspect would be comparable, of those who enter the league at 16 and leave once they are no longer eligible for under 17's ??:thumbsu:

my bad.
i thought you were referring to me.

a decent amount of last seasons thirds have gone up to seniors, or to other clubs to play u 18s.
what players do we think have a good chance of winning the league medal?
i'd imagine clurey (katty) and saunders (tungamah) would be in seniors all year, so i'd rule them out.

Pretty sure those two would be in the Bushies squad and you'd suspect would both be a good chance of playing most of the year with the bushies ?

id rule out small as well as he should be playing seniors all yr next yr as well as olly ross by the sounds of it katty will struggle in the 1s and he will probly play up as well. lochy morrison is my tip, shepp east seniors will be strong again and hell probly only play a couple of games up in the 1s.
i saw lochy morrison and jayden thewma at shep bears pre season training.
if their previous clubs have started their pre season, i would assume that they are playing at bears. i reckon antonowics will go to swans.
steve barrett (katandra) any chance?

Any thirds teams playing any pre season games at all.

With the Katandra night series being called off it left a few teams high and dry.

Dookie looking for a game on a week night on either the 21st 22nd or 23rd of march.
If anyone is interested please reply to this or send me a private msg cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back