Picola & District North West 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anyone know what the deal is with 1U, has there been any decisions as to whether they're in/out folding or pushing on for another year?? Is it comin down to the club itself & whether they can go around again or is it upto the vcfl as i know they applied to join the KDL but were unsucessful from what i had heard!! When would a final decision most likely be made???

im hearing that Hay are close to 80% to join the league

im hearing that Hay are close to 80% to join the league

Yeah?? Well that hardly makes it picola & district football league! It probably should be renamed the Whore Football League with a slogan "Anyone who wants in COME here"!

Even if 1U dont go around again next year doesn't neseccarily mean they have to automatically replace them with another club! The South East league works fine with 8 teams!
Also if the U do stay in the comp next year & they brought in Hay I would most likely say that they wouldn't show for that game (being that its about 3hrs away from 1U, & that they struggle for numbers as is) & would have a 1st senior forfiet for the league in god knows how long & wouldn't really be a good look for the entirity of both leagues bein under the same banner!! Not sure if thats the right move by either the VCFL or PDFL which ever that is trying to enforce it if true!!

So does anyone know what the deal is with 1U, has there been any decisions as to whether they're in/out folding or pushing on for another year?? Is it comin down to the club itself & whether they can go around again or is it upto the vcfl as i know they applied to join the KDL but were unsucessful from what i had heard!! When would a final decision most likely be made???
Really ?

Yeah?? Well that hardly makes it picola & district football league! It probably should be renamed the Whore Football League with a slogan "Anyone who wants in COME here"!

Even if 1U dont go around again next year doesn't neseccarily mean they have to automatically replace them with another club! The South East league works fine with 8 teams!
Also if the U do stay in the comp next year & they brought in Hay I would most likely say that they wouldn't show for that game (being that its about 3hrs away from 1U, & that they struggle for numbers as is) & would have a 1st senior forfiet for the league in god knows how long & wouldn't really be a good look for the entirity of both leagues bein under the same banner!! Not sure if thats the right move by either the VCFL or PDFL which ever that is trying to enforce it if true!!

If Hay did join the league and 1U stay, you would expect that they could play there games in the middle. I have seen it done in other leagues and it seemed to work alright.

Whore FL? Pretty harsh stuff there smooth mover! Should be happy that clubs want to join the PDFL. I hear that the PDFL Clubs voted against Hay coming in so unless the VCFL or NSWAFL are coming in over the top then it won't happen. Also hear that 1U have PDFL support to jump into the KDFL. If they go, that leaves 16 teams in 2 comps. If 1 more team folds or looks to go in the next year or 2, that leaves 15. And if PDFL goes back to that number apparently the 2 comps become 1 again. Now who in their right mind wants to go back to 1 comp again? The 2 comps appear to be working well. Does Jerilderie or Deni want to go back to travelling to Dookie or Shepp? I doubt it. Need to be careful in the future with the whinging and whining about clubs wanting in. Cause there'll be bigger tears if the PDFL has to go back to the 1 comp .......

Whore FL? Pretty harsh stuff there smooth mover! Should be happy that clubs want to join the PDFL. I hear that the PDFL Clubs voted against Hay coming in so unless the VCFL or NSWAFL are coming in over the top then it won't happen. Also hear that 1U have PDFL support to jump into the KDFL. If they go, that leaves 16 teams in 2 comps. If 1 more team folds or looks to go in the next year or 2, that leaves 15. And if PDFL goes back to that number apparently the 2 comps become 1 again. Now who in their right mind wants to go back to 1 comp again? The 2 comps appear to be working well. Does Jerilderie or Deni want to go back to travelling to Dookie or Shepp? I doubt it. Need to be careful in the future with the whinging and whining about clubs wanting in. Cause there'll be bigger tears if the PDFL has to go back to the 1 comp .......

Its just an expression term there special, its not what i think of the league!! What i'm getting at is they should stop tinkering with the league every 2nd year! We all complain when the AFL changes there rules every year so the same applies to our country leagues, unless the league itself looks to be in a serious position of folding they should just leave clubs as is, & on the other hand tell some clubs (unless absolute good reasoning behind a transfer & not just the club thinking they'll go better in so & so league) they're staying put!

I agree with the way the league is now, I personally dont think any country league Should have any more than MAX 12 clubs, so the split of 9 & 8 is working well & therefore my reason in saying they should just leave it alone! If 1U fold or transfer than leave it an 8 team comp like the south div!! Cheers:thumbsu:

Agree that the league doesn't need tinkering with every year. But take it as a given that 1U is goooorrrnnnn. If KDFL don't accept them I hear they're history. So that puts both divisions back to the bare minimum of 8 teams a piece. While I think that the remaining 16 clubs are all pretty stable, it only takes 1 to fall over or jump to another league and things won't be so happy then (with the 15 team comp). I know Hay is a fair hike away but I think the PDFL just needs to be open to clubs coming in. 2 x 9 or 10 team comps may be better (particularly with the draw). The PDFL has 2 good comps. I suspect other clubs may be keen to come across in the future. I think the PDFL should remain open to change. That's all.

Agree that the league doesn't need tinkering with every year. But take it as a given that 1U is goooorrrnnnn. If KDFL don't accept them I hear they're history. So that puts both divisions back to the bare minimum of 8 teams a piece. While I think that the remaining 16 clubs are all pretty stable, it only takes 1 to fall over or jump to another league and things won't be so happy then (with the 15 team comp). I know Hay is a fair hike away but I think the PDFL just needs to be open to clubs coming in. 2 x 9 or 10 team comps may be better (particularly with the draw). The PDFL has 2 good comps. I suspect other clubs may be keen to come across in the future. I think the PDFL should remain open to change. That's all.

Valid points yes! The league split in 2 is right on its bare limits & if 1U are definately out as u say then 8 & 8 is ok but no less so yeah u wouldn't want anyone else 2 leave, but if other interested clubs got in such as hay u would think they'd have a fair bit of tinkering 2 do as i dont see it logical that clubs such as picola, strathy, yarroweah & possibly berrigan (not sure of berrigans distance) would wana do that 3hr trip 2 hay & any other club from up that way that mite see our league as a good nesting place! That basically means that those clubs i mentioned would have their 4ths & 3rds leaving home at around 5 & 6am respectively to play at 9 & 10am! Unless these clubs had a secondary oval ala deni they would lose there young players as parents wouldn't wana be doing that sort of travel!

Now now was that sarcasm pace??

No sarcasm at all , I was just surrprised by your claim, as I thought they would have been a very good chance of joining the KDFL as I believe they have a bit to offer and the case for them to join the KDFL seens pretty logical and strong, also wasn't aware a decision had been made ?

No sarcasm at all , I was just surrprised by your claim, as I thought they would have been a very good chance of joining the KDFL as I believe they have a bit to offer and the case for them to join the KDFL seens pretty logical and strong, also wasn't aware a decision had been made ?

Thought i miss read the situation :D:thumbsu:

Yeah from what i had heard PTF out of both leagues was that the KDL didn't want 1U in because of their lack of Netball teams & struggle for juniors & didn't get any votes so therefore they were unsuccessful in there attempt & i think it was more of a decision by 1U themselves (as there was an article in the paper a few weeks back) that they couldn't continue competitively in the PDFL league! But i guess we'll find out in due course how it all pans out!

Ps PTF do u or anyone know roughly when the 2011 draw will be out (obviously have to wait on a few scenarios) as Murray league has already advertised there 2011 draw (unless thats just a roughie on their website)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant see that 1u will be coming across to the kdfl, like you said pace they have some valid reasons for wanting to come across like less travel, being able to recruit better out of shepp and I agree with these, but I would have thought they could stay in the pdfl but swap to the south east league, it still addresses all their needs.

Thought i miss read the situation :D:thumbsu:

Yeah from what i had heard PTF out of both leagues was that the KDL didn't want 1U in because of their lack of Netball teams & struggle for juniors & didn't get any votes so therefore they were unsuccessful in there attempt & i think it was more of a decision by 1U themselves (as there was an article in the paper a few weeks back) that they couldn't continue competitively in the PDFL league! But i guess we'll find out in due course how it all pans out!

Ps PTF do u or anyone know roughly when the 2011 draw will be out (obviously have to wait on a few scenarios) as Murray league has already advertised there 2011 draw (unless thats just a roughie on their website)

Murray League 2011 draw on website is confirmed.

Murray League 2011 draw on website is confirmed.

The KDFL couldnt of rejected 1U because they havent applied to go there yet. They first had to gain clearance from the PDFL to apply to the KDFL and that was given at the league meeting this week. If the KDFL rejects them then they have to apply to come back into the PDFL.
On the Hay issue, i find it hard to believe that teams in the south league have a vote in deciding whether of not they come into the league. And vice versa. Any decision affecting the south league the north league have a vote on. I know we are still under 1 administration but surley each league should decide what is best for their respective leagues and clubs.
Hay would be a great inclusion into our league. I know that Strathy, Yarra and Picola would be against it but it is 1 trip a year, and it would be a good one. they would be competitive and they have excellent facilities. Probably more important than that is they face a tough task to keep fronting up every year in the league they are currently in and i dont know how much longer they will continue to struggle for numbers and recruits to keep playing in the GRFL.

The KDFL couldnt of rejected 1U because they havent applied to go there yet. They first had to gain clearance from the PDFL to apply to the KDFL and that was given at the league meeting this week. If the KDFL rejects them then they have to apply to come back into the PDFL.
On the Hay issue, i find it hard to believe that teams in the south league have a vote in deciding whether of not they come into the league. And vice versa. Any decision affecting the south league the north league have a vote on. I know we are still under 1 administration but surley each league should decide what is best for their respective leagues and clubs.
Hay would be a great inclusion into our league. I know that Strathy, Yarra and Picola would be against it but it is 1 trip a year, and it would be a good one. they would be competitive and they have excellent facilities. Probably more important than that is they face a tough task to keep fronting up every year in the league they are currently in and i dont know how much longer they will continue to struggle for numbers and recruits to keep playing in the GRFL.

Well KDFL President Andrew Chittick said in the Shepp News in august that "they would not be having talks with 1U due to their lack of netball teams & that if they entered the league it would lift the amount of teams to 14 & that would be "Problematic""!
So going by that there for starters they're up against it before they have even lodged they're application! So unless they find some miracle way 2 convince the KDFL (if they get the chance 2) that they'd be a good suit it'd be highly unlikely there would be any movement!
But on the other hand if they're unsuccessful surely they dont have to re-apply to get back into the league?? Weren't they only asking for permission to apply for another league not actually taking themselves out of the PDFL? Because if thats the case u could nearlly say thats playing Russian Roullette, could backfire big time & leave them with no home!!

any gains or departures from any club yet?

A number of Rovers boys over in Vegas and we are just hoping they all make it back.

Also of some concern, there was a Wakool player with them so just hope they dont wake up (come to) beside a signed Contract. Cant trust those Wakool people :D:D:D

Rumours that rovers having a big tilt at the 2011 premiership with several key players taking cuts to bring in new recruits. have already signed 3 moama premiership players and are negotiating the return of several locals including a.may. if true will see the rovers skyrocket into premiership calculations along with last years runners up yarraweyah. look for the other three spots to be raffled between mathoura, picola, berrigan, strathmerton, jerilderie and blighty. early tip might be a deni v yarraweyah gf!

Rumours that rovers having a big tilt at the 2011 premiership with several key players taking cuts to bring in new recruits. have already signed 3 moama premiership players and are negotiating the return of several locals including a.may. if true will see the rovers skyrocket into premiership calculations along with last years runners up yarraweyah. look for the other three spots to be raffled between mathoura, picola, berrigan, strathmerton, jerilderie and blighty. early tip might be a deni v yarraweyah gf!

there goes the path of bode blooding all the rovers juniors into senior ranks? when his paying big $$$ for 18 yr old kids from moama in hudson and 2 gilligan boys! thats why a.may left the first time, because of paycuts at rovers, expect a.may to be playing there though, because rovers will be the only ones stupid enough to pay what he wants, his been fishing for new club's with his little hints here and there. maybe you could get the assistant coach at rovers for 700 a game like you asked mathoura maysy haha will give you a pie and a can of coke:thumbsu:but you will need to do the boundary for two's before you play.

strathy pretty close to annoucing a coach i hear. some big outs for the bulldogs but could be some big ins! from what i hear they will go close again

strathy pretty close to annoucing a coach i hear. some big outs for the bulldogs but could be some big ins! from what i hear they will go close again

from what i hear strathy are likely to fall right back have lost a few big names. but in saying that dickinson and shadbolt are the only confirmed players gone

with wunghnu being rejected by the kdfl and possibly falling apart could there be more changes to the league in coming years

from what i hear strathy are likely to fall right back have lost a few big names. but in saying that dickinson and shadbolt are the only confirmed players gone

with wunghnu being rejected by the kdfl and possibly falling apart could there be more changes to the league in coming years

strathy have appointed co coaches again, with tim bramich and alan richardson getting the nod.

picola had a little run yesterday, the blues are keen with some former juniors back in the fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back