Picola & District SE 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey can you tell us how much you did spend on the recruits you had? im guessing in vicinity of $80k plus. o'brien didn't actually answer the question on everyone's lips. Geez if you're gunna bring it up in the acceptance speech at least be totally honest.....

Sure you have good numbers of your own but it's what you top up with that counts and costs, right?

Jerilderie managed to be polite in their speech after a 3 peat and they cop just as much talk about buying flags as your mob.

"Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat" especially during league presentations isn't that what's expected?

Oh and I nearly forgot. Might be an idea to close your clubs Facebook from public view. I'm sure you are aware of post I am referring to and being someone in the know will be looking into it.
Sorry mate don't no what they spend I would say no different to most have a lot of local lads

Sorry mate don't no what they spend I would say no different to most have a lot of local lads

ok then let's look at this same as others scenario.

Some clubs have to spend money just to be competitive and try to have good games to keep their members happy and maintain a good Comp.

IMO most if not all our clubs (both sides of league) do their fair share with junior development some just can't keep them due to players moving away and some are just smaller population base to start with, just couple reasons.

Then there are clubs and I'm going to pin point Tunga that it appears despite having a very good competitive nucleus of local talent (great thing) goes out and spends a lot to top up to win flags when you could hold back just a bit and keep the comp abit more interesting.
So there is spending money to just be competitive and then there is spending money to smash others and win flags.

The good thing about the speech is it highlighted exactly why a points system won't work in fact will IMO harm smaller clubs.

Last edited:

All I can say is Tungamah lost 11 players out of there 2014 premership side they recruited 4 players coach Jeremy Obrien Rich Handrick came with him Mark Betson came back and local lad Nick Lawless. Juniors come up Okane two Irvine boys Bate Mcburnie Clarke to go along with there already home grown players in Dodd Doyle Haebich Hayes Connell Ellis Saunders 14 players in the grand final side there fathers played at the club so I think it shows we didn't go out and bye a flag and I think they will be stronger again next year with more local boys coming home

ok then let's look at this same as others scenario.

Some clubs have to spend money just to be competitive and try to have good games to keep their members happy and maintain a good Comp.

IMO most if not all our clubs (both sides of league) do their fair share with junior development some just can't keep them due to players moving away and some are just smaller population base to start with, just couple reasons.

Then there are clubs and I'm going to pin point Tunga that it appears despite having a very good competitive nucleus of local talent (great thing) goes out and spends a lot to top up to win flags when you could hold back just a bit and keep the comp abit more interesting.
So there is spending money to just be competitive and then there is spending money to smash others and win flags.

The good thing about the speech is it highlighted exactly why a points system won't work in fact will IMO harm smaller clubs.
Point system won't hurt Tungamah I just think the PDFNL are a laughing stock at the moment with AFL Victoria and other leagues around them

Point system won't hurt Tungamah I just think the PDFNL are a laughing stock at the moment with AFL Victoria and other leagues around them

Why because pdfnl aren't going with a system that will cause more harm than good how it's worked out at the moment. rather be laughing stock than a sheep.

It's going to take them years to sort that system out even they know that.
Personally don't know what the big deal is that pdfnl aren't involved.

I never said the system would hurt tungamah I was saying It will benefit tungamah harm smaller clubs like katamatite and Rennie for example.

To highlight my point AFLvic promoted the 60 points of one club in another league as if to say how needed this system is.
I was told this by a AFLGM commissioner weeks ago I asked where that team was on the ladder. The response in the middle. As I said to him to which he had no answer :
In other words they were doing what they needed to do to be competitive?

Funny how that bit got left out of the promo isn't it?

Oh and I was fishing regarding money. I wanted to prove another point. So much whinging about how much money clubs spend when in reality do they? Tungamah is smashing everyone right now but as you Have just shown and said it's not bought. So how is a points system going to solve that for us? It can't.

You could shift to MFL they will have the points system. That would solve your embarrassment of the league and the leagues issue with how to stop tungamah. You've said you are going to be stronger. So that looks like a win-win to me. :D

Obviously there will plenty of kinks that will need to be worked out regarding a points system over the coming years however I am most curious as too how a player will be allocated points if they are moving from a league like the PDFNL that won't have the points system into one that does?

I was speaking with a family friend recently that has been the coach of a Premier Division EDFL club for 3 years now and his understanding (which he admitted is also not very clear at this stage) of the points system is that if a league doesn't implement, then players recruited from that league will have an allocation of 1 point across the board. Does anyone know if this correct? As he said to me, if this is the case then a league like the PDFNL is a perfect hunting ground for clubs like his, that are looking to bolster their stocks and depth with low point players so that they have plenty of room to chase the high point, top end talent needed to compete in their competition.

Seems to me to be a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Why because pdfnl aren't going with a system that will cause more harm than good how it's worked out at the moment. rather be laughing stock than a sheep.

It's going to take them years to sort that system out even they know that.
Personally don't know what the big deal is that pdfnl aren't involved.

I never said the system would hurt tungamah I was saying It will benefit tungamah harm smaller clubs like katamatite and Rennie for example.

To highlight my point AFLvic promoted the 60 points of one club in another league as if to say how needed this system is.
I was told this by a AFLGM commissioner weeks ago I asked where that team was on the ladder. The response in the middle. As I said to him to which he had no answer :
In other words they were doing what they needed to do to be competitive?

Funny how that bit got left out of the promo isn't it?

Oh and I was fishing regarding money. I wanted to prove another point. So much whinging about how much money clubs spend when in reality do they? Tungamah is smashing everyone right now but as you Have just shown and said it's not bought. So how is a points system going to solve that for us? It can't.

You could shift to MFL they will have the points system. That would solve your embarrassment of the league and the leagues issue with how to stop tungamah. You've said you are going to be stronger. So that looks like a win-win to me. :D
I think they would go to the Murray League but as we mentioned before it's about our juniors and I think the Murray league would be damaging for them as well as netball but im sure Tungamah could compete at senior level

I think they would go to the Murray League but as we mentioned before it's about our juniors and I think the Murray league woudamaging for them as well as netball but im sure Tungamah could compete at senior level

I think you would be surprised. Your juniors would be quite competitive IMO not saying you would win flags.
Seniors I think woukd definately make finals. Points system may help you a lot with that.

Obviously there will plenty of kinks that will need to be worked out regarding a points system over the coming years however I am most curious as too how a player will be allocated points if they are moving from a league like the PDFNL that won't have the points system into one that does?

I was speaking with a family friend recently that has been the coach of a Premier Division EDFL club for 3 years now and his understanding (which he admitted is also not very clear at this stage) of the points system is that if a league doesn't implement, then players recruited from that league will have an allocation of 1 point across the board. Does anyone know if this correct? As he said to me, if this is the case then a league like the PDFNL is a perfect hunting ground for clubs like his, that are looking to bolster their stocks and depth with low point players so that they have plenty of room to chase the high point, top end talent needed to compete in their competition.

My understanding of system is that even if in the points system pDFNL players as they are coming from a community league not a premier league are worth one point. Hence my angst of system we are a hunting ground. That's why stay out of it and give our clubs every fighting chance they have got to survive and I'm not being dramatic. Our juniors will be hunted even earlier.

FYI afl vic threatened in media to make value of points for Player from league not in system (they were referring to Pdfnl at time) zero points.
I call that bullying so they can go jump as far as im concerned if they start that nonsense.

I think you would be surprised. Your juniors would be quite competitive IMO not saying you would win flags.
Seniors I think woukd definately make finals. Points system may help you a lot with that.
Anyway got nothing to do with me but im sure they are staying put

The only time points will be factor is if leagues or clubs become part of the points system and some clubs can't hold
Players because of
Points . Clubs have been circling players from other clubs and other leagues for years it wont change and comes Down To the Player choosing where they wish to Play . Not being in the system will in fact benefit clubs with players who are concerned about missing out on games because of Points and that is already being seen .
Why should the PDFNL be pigeon holed into the standard they can reach ?
The only reason for the points system is being introduced is because some Of these 'premier league ' clubs can't produce enough of their own juniors to maintain the current standard they are trying to Play at . A by product of that is they are
Going bankrupt and aren't spending money of facilities . There is absolutely no indication what so ever that any PDFNL club is financially i. trouble nor that they can't match the MFL or GVFL on home Grown talent .
The PDFNL clubs have been very good at junior development and should seek the reward . Years ago other leagues bandied around that juniors had to go To major leagues to get noticed . That theory has been destroyed and now this has been structured to again allow these same
Leagues to spend nothing on JD and try and reap the benefits of others work .
Afl vic country are just again trying to Manipulate clubs to seize control and then create a full user pays system where they put nothing back into grass roots footy .
Look no further than to Auskick for a example .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you think that ? What do you think the points will do to help the PDFNL or PDFNL clubs ?
The PDFNL would appear to be in the strongest position it has been for a long time in many facets ?
Do you have a reason for being so negative ?

I think you'll find the points system has already been tested legally and failed . Whilst the latest proposal including discriminating against leagues or clubs who choose not to participate will also fail to stand up .
They are trying to sell something which they know doesn't work and trying to bully anyone who challenges them.

Why do you think that ? What do you think the points will do to help the PDFNL or PDFNL clubs ?
The PDFNL would appear to be in the strongest position it has been for a long time in many facets ?
Do you have a reason for being so negative ?
Boosey Flyer can to provide some insight on the above questions

Waaia player Aaron Shelton copped the full wrath of the Murray league ?? Tribunal last night with 4 weeks already hanging over him he picked up another 5 total 9!! In which I'm told puts him over the 15 in that you become a de registered player The Murray league heard the case because of the controversial resignations of4 picola tribunal members a couple of weeks back mmm interesting!!

Waaia player Aaron Shelton copped the full wrath of the Murray league ?? Tribunal last night with 4 weeks already hanging over him he picked up another 5 total 9!! In which I'm told puts him over the 15 in that you become a de registered player The Murray league heard the case because of the controversial resignations of4 picola tribunal members a couple of weeks back mmm interesting!!
Thats crap swooping and you of all people should know that a specific leagues independent tribunal must hear that leagues cases , which I believe occured again in this case. Allegrdly a media beat up with the assistance of AFL GM in specific Simon Devine who has been trying to get and approaching MFL and PDFNL tribunal members .

Any more recruit talk guys? I know it's early days but hearing a lot of rumours getting around ! Dan Lewis apparently pulling the pin for united but good source says this is in correct and will play at waaii still . Simon Russell has also said he will not play at waaii and has recommitted to mooropna. Have heard Katandra are going after some big names around the GV and that few ex gvfl premiership players will be heading out into the league ! Be great for the league will really raise the bar in standard . Still think tunga are the ones to beat. Anyone keen on putting forward PDFL(SE) team of the 2015 season ? I'll put mine thru shortly

B) handreck (Tung) brown (waaii) lynch(waaii

HB) butts (Tung) Spencer (east) Doyle(Tung)

C) hicks (Tung) McCarty (waaii) lawless(Tung)

HF) G.meyland (waaii) Osbourne (east) haebich (Tung)

F) Betson (East) Saunders (Tung) wardle (Katandra)

FOLL ) wood (Dookie) obrien(tunga) Minogue(Katandra)

Inter: clurey (Katy) lucas(waaii) reeves(Katunga) hicks(Tung) no under17 for due to lack of knowledge but off the top of my head have to cooper( East) closely by a young bloke from tunga not sure of name and freuneder (ren)

Coach : O'brien (Tung)

Stiff to miss :
Will Pantone - didn't get to see much of him due to injury. Was leading league count after 3 rounds with 3 BOGs

Chris Powel
Adam dodd
Jero Aynsley
Ty Saunders
Robert Osbourne (waaii)
Hargreaves (Rennie)

B) handreck (Tung) brown (waaii) lynch(waaii

HB) butts (Tung) Spencer (east) Doyle(Tung)

C) hicks (Tung) McCarty (waaii) lawless(Tung)

HF) G.meyland (waaii) Osbourne (east) haebich (Tung)

F) Betson (East) Saunders (Tung) wardle (Katandra)

FOLL ) wood (Dookie) obrien(tunga) Minogue(Katandra)

Inter: clurey (Katy) lucas(waaii) reeves(Katunga) hicks(Tung) no under17 for due to lack of knowledge but off the top of my head have to cooper( East) closely by a young bloke from tunga not sure of name and freuneder (ren)

Coach : O'brien (Tung)

Stiff to miss :
Will Pantone - didn't get to see much of him due to injury. Was leading league count after 3 rounds with 3 BOGs

Chris Powel
Adam dodd
Jero Aynsley
Ty Saunders
Robert Osbourne (waaii)
Hargreaves (Rennie)
Sorry had hicks twice . Replace with Hargreaves (ren)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back