PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, short 'you could google it question' going to upgrade soon from PS3 to PS4, does PS4 take SSD like the PS3? (Obviously caddy wont be able to be used)

PS+ membership can also be transferred to use on PS4?

Hey guys, short 'you could google it question' going to upgrade soon from PS3 to PS4, does PS4 take SSD like the PS3? (Obviously caddy wont be able to be used)

PS+ membership can also be transferred to use on PS4?
PS+ membership carries across.

I believe you can fit an SSD but have no idea why you would want to as the performance gains are marginal and you can pick up a 1.5TB HD for the price of a 240GB SSD.

It took me about 5 minutes to install a new HD when I bought my PS4 (didn't need to transfer stuff from an old drive).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PS+ membership carries across.

I believe you can fit an SSD but have no idea why you would want to as the performance gains are marginal and you can pick up a 1.5TB HD for the price of a 240GB SSD.

It took me about 5 minutes to install a new HD when I bought my PS4 (didn't need to transfer stuff from an old drive).

Thank you sir. :)

Ah so PS4 takes standard 3.5 HDD drives?

2.5 inch drives.

Got myself confused between 2.5 (notebeook which is in the PS3)and SSD :oops:

Good news, will just transfer that over :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we know a price?

$30 in the US, and instead of making it 1:1 to Euro and GBP they dropping it to like £18. Not sure which currency ours will be converted from but I'm guessing we'll be looking at around $35. Child of Light and Trials Fusion were around 30-35 from memory?

Also anyone from Euro PSN including us who purchases within first two weeks of launch will receive the first DLC free and some cosmetic junk. I can't remember if that said it was only for PS+ subs though. Will also be cross buy across PS4, PS3 and Vita.

Sorry would grab a link for most accurate info but just on a quick smoko at work at the moment.

Another lazy question, have a US account had to use to get WWE Network app, something I never bothered with...to get US game, need to get another US PS+ account to go with it to get US games?

Another lazy question, have a US account had to use to get WWE Network app, something I never bothered with...to get US game, need to get another US PS+ account to go with it to get US games?
Don't need PS+, you can buy US games and use them on your Aussie account. Not 100% sure on the next bit but I believe any future DLC's will also need to be the US version.

Don't need PS+, you can buy US games and use them on your Aussie account. Not 100% sure on the next bit but I believe any future DLC's will also need to be the US version.

DLC is a tricky one because sometimes it is region locked and other times it isn't.

Just to be on the safe side it is best to purchase the DLC for the matching region of the game.

Ah cheers Q-Dog. So only required for US PS+ free games? Which are usually same anyway?...

Ah cheers Q-Dog. So only required for US PS+ free games? Which are usually same anyway?...
Correct. PS3 games were always different in my time on PS+, PS4 games havn't been but thats probably because of the limited catalogue.

Yeah.

So far the PS4 games have all been the same on PS+. The PS3 games have a bit of differences, or they have in the past. They seem to be getting more similar.

ive run into this issue 2 or 3 times and cant find much about it online.

i turn on the ps4 from it being in stand-by mode, and the disc thats in isnt showing up so im assuming its not being read.
last time i tried ejecting the disc but it didnt come out and showed a loading icon in the top right hand corner and nothing happened.. after about 20 minutes i tried turning it off through the PS button and just got a loading symbol and after awhile i just turned it off at the power point, turned it back on and the problem was fixed... apart from the "the system wasnt turned off properly" process.

i just happened again and i just tried to turn it off through the PS button. now i have the circle loading screen in the middle of a black screen again.. ive waited about 30 minutes this time and still nothing. so ive turned it off at the power point again.. i turned it back on and after some noises its fine again

any help would be good!

i turn on the ps4 from it being in stand-by mode, and the disc thats in isnt showing up so im assuming its not being read.
last time i tried ejecting the disc but it didnt come out and showed a loading icon in the top right hand corner and nothing happened.. after about 20 minutes i tried turning it off through the PS button and just got a loading symbol and after awhile i just turned it off at the power point, turned it back on and the problem was fixed... apart from the "the system wasnt turned off properly" process.

i just happened again and i just tried to turn it off through the PS button. now i have the circle loading screen in the middle of a black screen again.. ive waited about 30 minutes this time and still nothing. so ive turned it off at the power point again.. i turned it back on and after some noises its fine again

any help would be good!
Take it back and get another one lol

any help would be good!

http://au.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_Disc_Problems

Not sure if it is the same symptoms, but there were apparently a number with dodgy disc drives at launch. I say apparently because I don't know personally of anybody it happened to but I read about it online. If it starts happening more frequently I wouldn't even bother stuffing around with it. Obviously not working as intended and just get a replacement under warranty. Is it the console too or only the controllers under the 1 year warranty? Because if you got it at launch then it would be nearly time to make a decision.

http://au.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_Disc_Problems

Not sure if it is the same symptoms, but there were apparently a number with dodgy disc drives at launch. I say apparently because I don't know personally of anybody it happened to but I read about it online. If it starts happening more frequently I wouldn't even bother stuffing around with it. Obviously not working as intended and just get a replacement under warranty. Is it the console too or only the controllers under the 1 year warranty? Because if you got it at launch then it would be nearly time to make a decision.

I'm not sure of there the same symptoms... the disc won't manually eject when it shows there isn't a disc in the system but I clearly know there is.
I bought it off big w online around Christmas so I have a lil bit more time! thanks mate

I'm not sure of there the same symptoms... the disc won't manually eject when it shows there isn't a disc in the system but I clearly know there is.
I bought it off big w online around Christmas so I have a lil bit more time! thanks mate

Take it back now and get it over and done with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back