PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update incoming, surely this'll be big considering what X1 gets updated each month........ surely

PS4 system software update 1.74 is coming soon, improves stability of some software.

.........sigh. Another stability update to stabilize stuff that the previous stability updates were unable to stabilize.

xXE4EQe.jpg

Hey so I assume most of you already know this, but I found out this week that you can use the Dualshock 4 controllers with your PS3. Obviously the touchpad doesn't do anything, (and also the Playstation button doesn't work) but everything else is sweet. Share functions as select and Options as start. It's pretty easy to do just google instructions, and works wirelessly via bluetooth.

I know this is the PS4 thread but I should mention by PS3 slim s**t itself last night. I still played it heaps up until its death (more then the PS4 in fact) Surprised at how expensive the new models are still. I got quoted $100 to fix it but I really can't be bothered fixing something that would probably s**t itself again. I bought it second hand so I guess lesson learnt with that. RIP PS3.

I know this is the PS4 thread but I should mention by PS3 slim s**t itself last night. I still played it heaps up until its death (more then the PS4 in fact) Surprised at how expensive the new models are still. I got quoted $100 to fix it but I really can't be bothered fixing something that would probably s**t itself again. I bought it second hand so I guess lesson learnt with that. RIP PS3.
Yeah mines on the way out too, only playing it cos most of my mates are waiting for the new versions of fifa etc to buy a PS4

Is there anything I can do to speed up my downloads!! Probably been asked before, but Everything takes hours. Everything quick on ps3 and computers in the house.

Is there anything I can do to speed up my downloads!! Probably been asked before, but Everything takes hours. Everything quick on ps3 and computers in the house.
Make sure you have a very good wireless connection otherwise get a wired network connection (try an Ethernet over power kit if you can't run a network cable from your router).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Make sure you have a very good wireless connection otherwise get a wired network connection (try an Ethernet over power kit if you can't run a network cable from your router).

What would you term a "very good" wireless connection?

My PS4 is downloading at roughly 5gig an hour.

Last edited:
What would you term a "very good" wireless connection?

My PS4 is downloading at roughly 5gig and hour.
Personally I'd call that a slow connection.

I downloaded the Destiny Beta in less than an hour (around 13GB). I've got a reasonable ADSL2 connection and a very good wireless connection between my PS4 and router.

Your internet connection can make a big difference too. I use internode as my ISP - I've found them to be consistently faster downloading/streaming from overseas than many other ISPs I've had - I believe they have their own dedicated overseas connections.

Personally I'd call that a slow connection.

I downloaded the Destiny Beta in less than an hour (around 13GB). I've got a reasonable ADSL2 connection and a very good wireless connection between my PS4 and router.

Your internet connection can make a big difference too. I use internode as my ISP - I've found them to be consistently faster downloading/streaming from overseas than many other ISPs I've had - I believe they have their own dedicated overseas connections.

I think it's more to do with my area than anything else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's more to do with my area than anything else.
That can play a huge part with adsl connections - distance from the exchange and the quality of the copper wire from the exchange definitely effect your connection.

So Oddworld New n Tasty is supposed to be out today....US got it yesterday

1. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty will be available to play on PlayStation 4 in the US, Canada and the rest of the Americas from July 22nd; and in the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, New 'n' Tasty will hit PS4 on July 23rd.

news_abe_hd_renamed_in_pictures-13436.jpg

Couldn't resist looking up some playthroughs to see how it looked. It's painful watching this bloke though as he has NFI. I just hope some of those camera shifts don't get in the away in areas like towards the end with the glukkons and the intense parkour and disarming bombs. This game had some epic trolls with well placed walls when running away from scrabs and slogs hidden in shadows. I rage more now than when I was younger so hopefully no controllers go flying.

My bedroom is in a horrible part of the house. I've just checked. Im hovering at like 46% for connection. Would a Range extender work in getting me better signal?

My bedroom is in a horrible part of the house. I've just checked. Im hovering at like 46% for connection. Would a Range extender work in getting me better signal?
I've no experience with range extenders. Ethernet over power kit might be a good solution though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back