PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. That would be far more ideal.

So then what do I have to move to the new hard drive? Would it be nothing then as I'd have to reinstall all the games onto the new hard drive anyway?
Personally I'd just go with putting in the new hard drive and download/re-install what you need again. Vastly easier than what you'd need to do, which would be to put in a portable hard drive and copy all the contents to that, then put the new hard drive in and copy the contents back off that portable hard drive.

Last edited:

I do. That would be far more ideal.

So then what do I have to move to the new hard drive? Would it be nothing then as I'd have to reinstall all the games onto the new hard drive anyway?

There is an option to copy the entire contents of your existing hard drive to a backup then restore it to the new one. Only downside is you need a spare FAT32 hard drive big enough to store everything. Saves you having to reinstall each game.

There is an option to copy the entire contents of your existing hard drive to a backup then restore it to the new one. Only downside is you need a spare FAT32 hard drive big enough to store everything. Saves you having to reinstall each game.
And then re patch them all!

Personally I'd just go with putting in the new hard drive and download/re-install what you need again. Vastly easier than what you'd need to do, which would be to put in a portable hard drive and copy all the contents to that, then put the new hard drive in and copy the contents back off that portable hard drive.
That sounds the way to do it. I've got about 15 games on there (inclusive of PS+ games) so it might take a little while but I could do them gradually.

Fat 32 my friend

Couple of issues with that... 4gb maximum file size (though it sounds like ExFAT may work), and then the whole having to format 1tb worth of stuff... Don't actually have the room to store it elsewhere either.

Would have been preferable for Sony to just keep up with the times.

Its really simple to do man, pretty much invloves you removing screws and putting them back in. i think theres a video on page 1 about it

It's fairly simple, my Batman console is only 500gb. I wanted to crack it open to see how easy it was compared to the ps3 (which was easy in itself but Sony over complicated it by using a dodgy screw that stripped easily making it harder to screw in/out lol).

I had no choice in doing it because the console wasn't starting when I first purchased it (common ps4 error where the hdd was not screwed in properly), managed to do it without breaking anything. I still have not upgraded the hdd (should do it before my collection grows and the file size increases making the "backup and transfer" of content take longer than I'd like it to lol). I have been meaning to since June, but when I've gone to computer shops they have never had the HDD I want to install instock :( - I want 2TB damn it lol.

Then I also need to either buy a whole new external hdd - or play around with my other external hdd's (temporarily transfer content from one hdd to another with enough space, just to use one for the ps4 backup and transfer, then copy my original content back on that old external hdd).

Couple of issues with that... 4gb maximum file size (though it sounds like ExFAT may work), and then the whole having to format 1tb worth of stuff... Don't actually have the room to store it elsewhere either.

Would have been preferable for Sony to just keep up with the times.
Yeh every hard drive I've ever had I've always formatted first so never had the problem fortunately but would be good for Sony to have made it easier for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PS+ $30 top up cards for $24 (20% off) until next Tuesday at woolies.

Picked up a few as my subscription is about to end soon, will also be a good Christmas gift for the nephew.

*'s sake. Was looking for cheap ones for a month before my PS Plus expired a few weeks ago and couldn't find any, so had to renew at full price. Since then I've seen them twice now at 20% off. Might as well stock up while I can I think.

Lol didn't even know that was a thing. Literally just renewed mine for full price a couple of hours ago....an hour after being in Woolies aswell.

How long does a $30 card get you?
You could get 3 months for it but you'd be better off buying $70 worth of cards, buying a year and using the rest on the odd PSN game/DLC.

Ended up buying 4, technically got 4 for the price of 3.

My local woolies was all out, some guy came in & bought 20 even though there's a limit of 10 per person.
Stock up on Destiny emotes!

Beyond: Two Souls getting a re-release next week. Heavy Rain also coming but not until March next year. Pretty excited, I loved Heavy Rain but somehow never played this.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/11/19/beyond-two-souls-releases-digitally-on-ps4-26th-november/

• Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity
  • Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players
  • You can now play the game in chronological order right from the start – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
  • Increased difficulty in a number of fight scenes, combined with improved controls for action sequences
  • Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC in the base game

Beyond: Two Souls getting a re-release next week. Heavy Rain also coming but not until March next year. Pretty excited, I loved Heavy Rain but somehow never played this.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/11/19/beyond-two-souls-releases-digitally-on-ps4-26th-november/
Don't get yourself too excited; it's fairly ordinary. :p Decent story, good characters and some fun aspects, but your "choices" mean pretty much nothing in the context of the game and they tried to do too much with the gameplay which resulted in them going too far out of their comfort zone. Worth a play if you like QD and I for the most part enjoyed it, but don't pump yourself up for a gaming masterpiece like Heavy Rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back