Playstation Move | No fingerguns allowed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Take a "real gun" and stick a motion controller in the end of it for gheyness and it will no longer look real, just ridiculous. At least they're not bright orange like the old Gcons.

Take a "real gun" and stick a motion controller in the end of it for gheyness and it will no longer look real, just ridiculous. At least they're not bright orange like the old Gcons.

To add in more on general terms, toy guns, etc have the same issues with realism, my question is though, in the US guns are a right, so do they have the same requirements?

To add in more on general terms, toy guns, etc have the same issues with realism, my question is though, in the US guns are a right, so do they have the same requirements?

I remember in the US a Transformers Megatron toy was banned because the Gun was too realistic.

that official killzone3 one is the one i'm gonna pick up from playasia after the game comes out....probs won't use it much but it will be cool to have and is only 49?? dollars from there.

not to mention while i'm ordering it i can pick up a few other sweet games i've wanted for a fair while in the same order for nice and cheap!

also nice little write up jaded :thumbsu:

I remember in the US a Transformers Megatron toy was banned because the Gun was too realistic.
Yep, it's illegal to make them look realistic due to gun regulations. Because these are being marketed to a wide audience and that under 18 year olds can buy them.

This was the first thing mentioned in Sony's Official PS Blog when the gun was first announced and they stated that they couldn't do it any other way.

Really though, who gives a s**t what it looks like, it's what it plays like that's the big thing.

The red one is the Europe version, the White/Orange is the US version. I believe they're still based on the same Guerilla Games/Zipper designs.

Here's a look of it in action from the PS Blog:
[YOUTUBE]d9kkg9GGVOU[/YOUTUBE]

This second one shows more how everything works, button wise:
[YOUTUBE]zi_foz9t8Ck[/YOUTUBE]

I'll probably wait until the reaction from Camo, but at $50 I'd be willing to part with my money if it offers a nice alternative. I've been looking at getting something of a hand gun for Dead Space Extraction as I just feel really awkward holding the Move to shoot, it just doesn't feel like I am shooting, need something proper.

Great video here of a guy using the Move to perfection in the KZ3 beta (he uses the Dualshock 3 too not the Nav, which is VERY hard, I know!). Nabs himself a 15 killstreak!

[YOUTUBE]Vch_sU3ID2I[/YOUTUBE]

Review for the PS Move Sharpshooter peripheral.

The digital mapping of the controls seems like it cuts out my fear of button lag, which is great.

Source: http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/115/1150370p1.html
PS MOVE SHARPSHOOTER - IGN REVIEW

THE BOTTOM LINE

Is the Sharp Shooter a must-have? Hardly, but if you're a fan of shooters and you want to use the PlayStation Move, it is the only way to go, at least until someone comes up with something better. With digital button mapping, a solid design, and a game that implements it effectively, the Sharp Shooter can be a fun and surprisingly precise peripheral, and at $39.99, it's a pretty good value.

9.0 Performance
The digitally mapped buttons and triggers are fast and effective.

8.0 Build Quality
Not much to look at, but fairly well constructed.

8.5 Features
A solid peripheral with vibration feedback, a variety of shooter-specific controls, and an intuitive design.

8.5 Value
For those interested, at $39.99 the Sharp Shooter is a pretty great value.

OVERALL 8.5

:eek: Nice RAQuets

Hope they secure nice & well.
153561_detail.jpg

so... is it safe to call "move" a bomb yet?. Whilst it seems to be a nice side accessory for those who want motion control, it also feels like that that's not what PS3 users want. Although I could be wrong and it's actually selling like hotcakes, there just doesn't seem to be much talk about it from any side atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so... is it safe to call "move" a bomb yet?. Whilst it seems to be a nice side accessory for those who want motion control, it also feels like that that's not what PS3 users want. Although I could be wrong and it's actually selling like hotcakes, there just doesn't seem to be much talk about it from any side atm.
Both Kinect and Move have sold pretty well. The usage comes down to the same thing as the Wii though, they don't have enough to keep you interested for long periods of time.

I still haven't got around to playing Dead Space Extraction yet despite that being the game I bought the Move for.

There's a lot of the whole lazy aspect to gaming as well that just see's people not wanting to get up and moving around when they've potentially been working a 8+ hour labor intensive day already and just want to come home, sit down and play something with minimal effort.

That being said, Sony is still in full support of the Move adding it to as many games as possible (Resistance 3 being the latest title adding Move support). All it needs is some games that keep the lazy element there, but force you a bit more to use the Move (which I feel that 'Alan Wake' looking title shown way back in the Move's original trailer could do). Sorcery could potentially be that title.

I think it is fair to say that neither have necessarily taken the industry by storm though (despite selling well). Nobody is looking to either format to take the industry forward as of yet.

Move has now sold more than 8 million units.
Not bad sales fugures imo.
A lot of people said when the novilty wears off it will die down, but they said the same about the wii and it's still selling strong.

Not bad sales fugures imo.
A lot of people said when the novilty wears off it will die down, but they said the same about the wii and it's still selling strong.
Much to the disgust of anyone who likes actual gaming.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back