Playstation Move | No fingerguns allowed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to try the PS Move tonight, much better than the wii with motion+

tried the demos of tumbler, sports champions and start the party.

Table tennis is awesome, just so accurate with the movements and the shots you can pull off and the frisbee is much better than the *ed unresponsive frisbee on wii sports resort.

At the moment it still feels like a gimmick so i'll wait and see what move only games get released and what normal games utilize it before i buy one.

Just finished my first game of tennis in racket sports. After the accuracy of Move Sports I gotta say this title looks a bit poor. The motion controll is far more like the Wii than Move Sports.

I'm about to try table tennis to compare.

*Edit - Yeah nah, after Table Tennis in move Sports, Racket Sports is s**t.

Racket Sports = Wii Sports

I found "tennis" in racket sports to be pretty damn awesome. Even in "BASIC" control settings it felt good to pull of massive cross court back hand winners after you've run your opponent all over the place.
Choosing "ADVANCED" still has the same controls but allows you to press the T button anytime you want to pull off way more technical shots. This felt like you could do a lot more but it was obviously more unforgiving. Might be better with that. I managed to lose on advanced going for silly shots but the spin and angles were there.

Good to hear the comparison of the 2 table tennis.

Just finished my first game of tennis in racket sports. After the accuracy of Move Sports I gotta say this title looks a bit poor. The motion controll is far more like the Wii than Move Sports.

I'm about to try table tennis to compare.

*Edit - Yeah nah, after Table Tennis in move Sports, Racket Sports is s**t.

Racket Sports = Wii Sports
Racket Sports is on the Wii too, it's a cheap Ubisoft title. Not a whole lot of development would've gone into making it super precise really. They're into making low budget titles for high return.

Can now back that up, re the table tennis comparisons. Whether it was because we were doing 2 player I don't know but there seemed to be quite a significant delay in your movement vs the onscreen movement with the racket sports version. (played on the bundle I gave as a gift) They have a 46inch tv but split screen just seemed to cramped on both titles.
I still like the tennis though. Racket sports was pulled and sports champions inserted.
When I left 2hrs later it was still being played by half a dozen people. Gladiator dual was a hit (2 controllers were used)

my, my, my.....well i didn't expect that!

just picked up a move controller and sports champions and have got to say i'm hooked.

i set up the playstation eye and the controller and then chucked in sports champions and headed straight to table tennis. (a sport in which i used to train at quite a high level)

well let me just say i was absolutely gobsmacked at the acuracy and on screen representation of this thing!
the controller senses depth and you actually need to step in and flick over the ball to have control while close in to the net. (just like real table tennis)
topspin and backspin shots are represented very nicely by recreating the same way you'd hold the bat with the wand. though not perfect it's still very good.
you even need to use proper footwork to run around and hit a heavy forhand from the backhand side! (an extremely common shot that i never thought they'd be able to replicate.)
can't believe i actually worked up a decent sweat and have a tired/sore shoulder from playing so long!

the only real problem i found was that once you get out of easy...changing from forehand to backhand is a little tough to pull off properly.
not only that but the challenge is increased SIGNIFICANTLY getting out of easy mode.

i still can't get over how accurately the spins respond off of the bat and how well you have to time the ball/aim/add power to get a truly powerful shot.

have had the thing for almost 3 hours now and played table tennis the whole time.
will probably give the other sports titles a little overview once i play them........if of course i can stop playing table tennis! :D

A couple of new gun attachments are set for the Move. The pistol one looks ****en awesome!:thumbsu:

No idea when/if they'll be out in Aus, but they're currently available for purchase on Amazon.com

41fql4k48ylsl500aa300.jpg

51rr81kosylaa300.jpg

31cujwpw5ulsl500aa300.jpg

Haha sweet!

I am a bit worried though, I played that "shoot" game on the demo disc and had a fair bit of trouble with accuracy. It may have been me but sometimes it was way off. Navigation could be a bit a pain too for games down the track. Still it looks sweet, would be good to play something like 'The House of the Dead' with.

Haha sweet!

I am a bit worried though, I played that "shoot" game on the demo disc and had a fair bit of trouble with accuracy. It may have been me but sometimes it was way off. Navigation could be a bit a pain too for games down the track. Still it looks sweet, would be good to play something like 'The House of the Dead' with.
I think that's mainly come down to the quality of the title more than anything else. Looking at Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4 vids with Move shows far better accuracy. The nav could be a bit annoying, but I reckon with that pistol set up it would work well.

Dead Space Extraction will be on rails though.:thumbsu:

Haha sweet!

I had (and posted) the same thing re: The Shoot.
Accuracy was way off my first 2 playthroughs.
My last go of that game was much better & I managed to finish the demo.
It's very arcadey time crisis style. Bargain bin stuff though.

Those gun attachments are a must if anyone plans to play shooters. Just doesn't feel right holding the MOVE like a torch and having that tigger underneath for your index finger.

I finally got up to the last guy in the Gold Challenge for Table Tennis (I didn't move on to the next person until I had 3 starred the previous one). I quickly found that all of the skills of spin and smashes that I had spent the previous 3 levels of challenges developing were completely useless.

The last guy was kicking my arse! I'd try and back him into a tough position and he'd pull an arsey shot out of his arse and flip the tables completely. It was beginning to piss me off - he'd rack up 5 points before I even got one.

So I changed tactics completely and focused on just returning the ball. I just got into a zone and let my reflexes take over, it didn't matter where I put the ball, I just wanted to get every ball back to him. I learnt that this is the way to play the higher levels.

After so much frustration I FINALLY beat the last guy of the the last challenge!............or so I thought!

When I did that it unlocked a 'secret boss' and another, higher level of challenge! I was like :eek::mad::(

My tactic of just returning the ball is so far working though - I have beaten the secret boss (some robot) and the first 3 of the new challenge.

Oh - when I say just returning the ball I mean have that as your default, only play an attacking shot when they dish you one up on a platter, if you can hold out long enough, they'll eventually lob one into the perfect spot for a smash - but get straight back into position as most of the time they'll still return it - and fast.

i actually had to stop playing sports champion table tennis because it was making my shoulder sore due to the poor technique required and i was getting too tired playing it after work when i wanted to relax.

a little trick i used (not aimed at you nick since you've beaten it) was to set the camera up facing to the right of my room and not the middle so that when i stood in the middle of my room my forehand lined up more to the middle/backhand side of the table (which is the most common stance in real table tennis when recieving etc...) so you can cover more of the table with your forehand with good footwork.
i'd still sync the controller standing in the middle of the box though of course but works a treat once you work out the angle of the move controller required for it to feel normal while synching.

would so love a standalone table tennis game of an even higher level of quality and realism than the table tennis in sports champions.
would be so damn epic though probably unlikely to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought they started to get hard after the bronze cup. Had a few epic battles (13-11) even in one of the bronze games.

Disappointing review for Time Crisis: Razing Storm. But I dunno, watching a Quick Look for it from GiantBomb, it still looks like awesome Time Crisis of old.

Source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1130393p1.html
TIME CRISIS: RAZING STORM - IGN US REVIEW
Closing Comments

Even though Time Crisis: Razing Storm features three different on-rails shooters, the content in this package isn't worth checking out. All three games are embarrassingly short, there's little replay value in the campaigns, and the main story mode of Razing Storm is painful to play with a Move controller. Leave this one on the shelf, because no one should have to be this frustrated at something with Terror Bites in it.

5.5 Presentation
Menu interface is clean and easy, though the game demands that players calibrate the Move controller way more than they should. Garbage storytelling.

6.5 Graphics
Not the worst looking PS3 game around, but it's just not using the full capabilities of the hardware.

5.0 Sound
Pretty bad voice work throughout, with generic tunes providing a tolerable backdrop.

4.0 Gameplay
Short-lived, limited and -- in the case of the Razing Storm story mode -- extremely frustrating. All in all, not a very fun game.

3.5 Lasting Appeal
When you beat a full-priced retail game in less than an hour, there's a problem.

OVERALL 4.0

@HBK

Just had a read of the review. What's this deal with moving and shooting? Why is that in there. Time Crisis is an on-rails shooter, why are they trying to make it a FPS?

Besides that story is not the reason I like Time Crisis so I'll ignore that part.
Sound and graphics not being at the top echelon of games also does not bother me. Lasting appeal does not take into account the three games and the amount of times you can go about playing them and improving your times. Gameplay wise it seems only Razing Storm is actually a 'mess', the other two are quite playable.

No mention of any sort of online co-op but upon further research it does have online multiplayer which is good.

I'll wait for a bundle of sorts and maybe ask for it for Christmas.

@HBK

Just had a read of the review. What's this deal with moving and shooting? Why is that in there. Time Crisis is an on-rails shooter, why are they trying to make it a FPS?

Besides that story is not the reason I like Time Crisis so I'll ignore that part.
Sound and graphics not being at the top echelon of games also does not bother me. Lasting appeal does not take into account the three games and the amount of times you can go about playing them and improving your times. Gameplay wise it seems only Razing Storm is actually a 'mess', the other two are quite playable.

No mention of any sort of online co-op but upon further research it does have online multiplayer which is good.

I'll wait for a bundle of sorts and maybe ask for it for Christmas.
They still have the regular on-rails stuff. But I guess they tried to get a bit mainstream with a regular campaign as well (you can check a tiny bit out in the GiantBomb QL), perhaps appeal to the wider audience (when you have 10+ million people buying COD's then you have to look at what will sell your game too).

It is completely going against the grain of previous Time Crisis' which makes zero sense. But for appealing to a bigger audience, it makes complete sense.

The only thing in the QL they didn't (and in fact weren't actually allowed to show) was the online capabilities. It's definitely not like a full on co-op thing through the main games campaigns as far as I could gather (really haven't done a ton of research into it as it's fairly scarce as it is too).

I'm still looking forward to it, as I said the GBQL definitely had me interested, but maybe it is worth waiting until it's a bit cheaper or bundled with Move for about $110-$120 all up.

Haven't read the whole thread but is there any plan to have a playstation 3 wii fit equivalent for the playstation move?
Don't think there's going to be a balance board thing. But there's EA Sports Active 2 coming out soon with Move compatibility.

The only thing in the QL they didn't (and in fact weren't actually allowed to show) was the online capabilities. It's definitely not like a full on co-op thing through the main games campaigns as far as I could gather (really haven't done a ton of research into it as it's fairly scarce as it is too).

Wikipedia seems to have some stuff.

In addition to the original arcade mode, new gameplay modes in Time Crisis: Razing Storm include a sentry mode, a story mode, and an online battle mode. In online battle mode, up to 8 online players can play together in any of a number of battle modes.

In addition to PlayStation Move support, Time Crisis 4: Arcade Ver and Deadstorm Pirates both feature online ranking, and support 1-2 players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Crisis:_Razing_Storm

Time crisis games have always scored poorly. Doesn't stop them from being fun. (and usually a standalone when it came to light gun shooters)
There's 3 different games on the disc apparently. Look in to it if you care to.

"Alpha 1 you're so awesome"
So yeh, I downloaded the Time Crisis demo from the store and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought.
Gun attachment of some kind is a must. It just feels terrible/wrong with the move controller.

3 playable titles on the retail disc are,
Time crisis 4 -Arcade version
Time Crisis Razing Storm
Deadstorm Pirates

haha no s**t

i love sports champions but they need to bring something else that's not trash.

also before getting the move i should've put into consideration that the reason i played games is to relax :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back