Playstation Move | No fingerguns allowed.

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont have any games yet just been playing around on the demos, will have Time Crisis when its released but yeah some more games would be nice. Sports Champions is tempting but i don't see myself playing for too long.

Mainly got it for Socom 4, Killzone 3, Heroes on the move and LBP 2 but hopefully it gets a bit more support coz it feels like a gimmick at the moment. Maybe if kinect takes off Sony will up their game

Sony, any chance of some ****ing games for this thing?
January is where it all starts for me.

Dead Space Extraction, SO HYPED for it. Cannot wait, alongside what should be an awesome Dead Space 2. Will be insane.

LBP2 will probably see only small Move time.

Killzone 3 will probably have a go at SP and MP just testing out how good it is and if I like it for constant action or not.

inFAMOUS 2 is heavily rumoured to get Move, has fair potential with that.

SOCOM 4 is looking good, but needs a release date.

Will probs pick up Sports Champions and Time Crisis early next year.

Got myself a Move today.

Bought it a few days back on Ebay for $71 sent (about $20 cheaper than anywhere I can find on the net...) and it's the AU version too, which while nothing special, is surprising at the very least.

Was wanting to get it in preparation for Dead Space Extraction which I'll be getting in around a week or two (hopefully) as that is by far my most anticipated title for this controller.

Installing demo's and stuff now as I type (the 3GB one's take forever! Thankfully there's only about 2).

Will give a quick write up on each once I'm done.

Here we go.

First things first, using the Move to navigate the XMB is really good. You hold the trigger button down to activate movement (so it's not going crazy at all times that you move the controller) and can go up, down, left and right using it. It all works nice and smoothly.

Sports Champions -
Table Tennis feels great, very smooth and complicated movements are recognised and it is definitely 1:1 recognition. Putting spin on the ball then diving in to make a smash works well and is really fun. Really liked Table Tennis, would just about get Sports Champions for this alone. Frolf I was s**t at, couldn't aim it for anything, quit after 1 throw.:eek:

TV Superstars - This has two parts, one that would seemingly be for the ladies and the other for the I guess males, or just more fitness orientated. There's the fitness games which one is running on a treadmill type thing and then jumping over some objects, very basic Wii waggle type of stuff. The other in the fitness one is a 'Pain' type of game where you fling yourself towards windows and have to point your avatar in the shape of the windows and you score points by how accurate you are going through them. Works relatively well.

The other mode in TV Superstars is a "Frockstar" Challenge where you're a model and walk down a catwalk and have to mimic lines which in turn moves your avatar. This isn't too bad, it's very Singstar-ish, the only thing I'd like is more recognition of what you're doing with the controller in terms of the actual lines. It's hilariously corny all over though.:eek:

The Shoot - The first of a couple of on-rail shooters that I will demo. This works well, I've seen gameplay before and it looked really jittery, didn't really notice this when I was playing. I did hold the Move with both hands to try and stop from any shaking when I was playing. Cursor moved smoothly and it was easy enough to point and pick out headshots when the occasion called for it, overall had an accuracy of 67% (dunno how many shots fired though) in the first level and 54% in the 2nd (with more sporadic nature of my shots and testing out more power ups. The power ups are easy enough to activate. The gameplay is a little plain though, you're just shooting more or less static target and there's not exactly incentive to keep going considering there is NO story. The set up is that you're on a movie set or something, it's a little contrived and even then I don't get why it is so.

Tumble -
Wanted to give something milder a go here. This is more or less a game of Jenga. A lot of finesse and tight control needed to make it work. Pretty nice stuff here. Very simple but smart gameplay and the motion is 1:1 and very smooth. It's cool being able to have the camera sense the depth of the controller moving it in and out of the screen. Has some simpler controls that don't stretch your wrist in directions that it just can't go. A few nice levels with some good challenges in place for both the n00bs and the more experienced. Did have to fiddle with the camera a bit to get the right calibration (basically just had to point the camera down a lot more than with the other games that require a more wider view).

Dead Space Extraction - THE game I wanted to play and what I basically got Move for. After a ****ing HUGE download and install for a demo (3.5GB...!!!) I finally got to give it a go. Good little demo, the game itself starts off well (and is a great throwback to Dead Space too). The calibration is easy and the shooting mechanics are nice and smooth. You turn the controller on it's side for alternate fire, again easy and it recognises this well. It's got some of your regular Wii type of waggle moments, which are all implemented nicely. Went at 69% accuracy for the demo. I'm really excited for what the full game will bring.

Modern Combat: Domination - The last demo for today at least. Decided to give this one a go as it's one of the first real FPS games to have Move as well as the movement controls work (This and MAG are the only two so far). This was my first time playing the game, not just with the Move. Now I don't currently have the nav controller, so was using the Move in one hand and the dualshock in the other (not really ideal when there's this many buttons to use...). First game in, 2 kills off the bat, no deaths, round ends not long after. Die quickly into the next 2 rounds...got another 2 kills in a later round, had the chance to melee the 3rd but didn't know how to do it, so died.:( Finished up 2nd on my team over about 6 rounds.

It is VERY hard to navigate with the Dualshock, definitely something that would be made easier with the nav controller. It's a little awkward looking around with the move controller too, since I'm so used to using the 2nd analogue stick. I think it'll take a while to get used to, not something I'm against giving time to though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know where the cheapest starter pack can be found retail? So far I've found them at DSE for ninety bucks.

Anyone know where the cheapest starter pack can be found retail? So far I've found them at DSE for ninety bucks.
That's pretty much the cheapest you'll find.

Ebay is around $78, if you can, I'd go that option.

Surprised it's full price pretty much everywhere, whatever I got it for on launch is probably in this thread somewhere ($79?)

HBK, sports champions is great value & the table tennis is quite easy once you figure out when to swing to get the hit. I liked the gladiator dual with 2 move controllers.

Surprised it's full price pretty much everywhere, whatever I got it for on launch is probably in this thread somewhere ($79?)

HBK, sports champions is great value & the table tennis is quite easy once you figure out when to swing to get the hit. I liked the gladiator dual with 2 move controllers.
Yeah, it was $78 for about 2 weeks after release. It went down to $78 around Xmas too.

Yeah the table tennis was great, annoying that you only get 2 opponents (of shitty level, they NEVER hit to your backhand!:confused:) in the demo. It doesn't help in playing it for me that I have such little room to move, need to move things around in here and it'd be a bit better. Would've liked to check out the other sports options too, but you only get the Frisbee Golf and Table Tennis as you know.

Bought it from DSE for $89.94. Disappointed with the demo disc. Will have to go down to Kmart and buy a full game.

Played one game of table tennis and **** me my arm was starting to hurt. Will have to purchase a second controller next pay and get some wrist weights, should be some good exercise!

Yeah, it was $78 for about 2 weeks after release. It went down to $78 around Xmas too.

Was $47 during one of the EB online Mad Monday sales in the lead up to Christmas. Obviously not retail, but still, a great price.

Was considering getting one, but had just got the Kinect so couldn't justify it, even at that price.

My Kmart is sold out of controllers. They only have the nav controller. I want to play with two! Will have t oscout around tomorrow and find one. This is costing me far more than I anticipated! Oh well, means I won't spend money on s**t food and grog.

2nd Round of demo's.

Racket Sports: This one is clear by the name, it's a bunch of racket sports games. Tennis, Table Tennis, Badminton and a few others. You only get Tennis and Badminton in the demo. Tennis wasn't too bad, but overall you just don't get much of a feeling of control, this was on the 'advanced' control setting too, would hate to see what 'basic' feels like. Certainly from this point of view you can see where VT4 or Top Spin 4 COULD go with the Move, but I hope they give you a lot more control and freedom of shot selection and aiming on court as it really does take too much control from you and places it where it wants to. Badminton felt a little better actually, felt a bit more responsive to where I wanted it to go, the AI was deplorable though so I barely got a rally going.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11: Now I'm not a golf fanatic in ANY WAY. So forgive me if I have no idea of the real types of recognition from this (in regards to wrist movement controlling spin or whatever), I'm basically only going to be going on how good I go in a few holes. First shot was a solid 247 yards, moved off to the left a bit and fell into the rough. 2nd shot again went off to the left a bit, but hit the green nicely. Just missed the birdie putt on my 3rd shot and tapped it in for Par. Not a bad start. It would seem I have a natural left hook, but first shot on hole 2 managed to get just 10 yards from the pin. Terrible second shot trying to chip it too softly, goes 3 yards...at least I'm in putting range now. Hit the 3rd in for par. Nice! 3rd and last hole now. First shot is bad, only goes 224 yards and is still a long way from the hole, also landed myself in the rough. 2nd shot, not bad, a little high, but has me now 33 yards from the pin. 3rd shot is a beauty, puts me 5 feet from the hole to par it. SHANKED IT! Pushed it off to the left badly, bogey it is.:( Overall not a bad little demo, definitely quite fun and I can only imagine what an avid golf fan would think. With the new TG said to have even better Move implementation thanks to the extra year, I reckon that this would be a great pick up for any golf fan.

Start the Party: Mini-game central. First mini-game was a painting one, where you have to paint onto templates on screen. The game projects a paintbrush onto the Move controller which is neat and it all seems to work well enough. Next game was a bug basher thing, where you had a racket projected onto your Move controller, again recognition was fine, but this game is a little s**t.

Heavy Rain: Ending the demo round up on the serious business side of things. This is the same demo as the original one, only with Move 'QTE's instead of button prompts. The game works well with the Move, if you're holding the Move in the wrong position the prompt will go red and the Move ball itself goes from Blue to Red if you're doing it right. Quantic Dream have even gone to the lengths to actually add more stuff to the game (well the demo at least) for the Move controls, there's an added scene in this part of the demo that I know wasn't in the regular DS3 game. The Move interactions are fairly jarring at first (as it was with the DS3 the first time around) but eventually it starts to get more intuitive. The tense fight again was very tense and really gets you swinging your arm, the good thing with these prompts were that you don't have to use the trigger to perform the on screen prompts (which you do for most other prompts). Selecting dialogue this time around comes down to moving a cursor to the specific dialogue choice and selecting it, so you'd think there would be potential for some wrong selections that way with the way the dialogue can sometimes spin around and jitter, etc.

So a couple of average demo's a couple of nice one's. Wouldn't mind going back and patching in the Move control for Heavy Rain, I do have reason to go back with wanting to check out more endings and see how things play out with certain choices. Tiger Woods is one I'd look at for maybe $50 (the newest version that is).

I will definitely be grabbing Heavy Rain again to play with the Move. I have only played it through once so I have plenty of options left.

I bought the sports game and have found that the games are lacking. Table tennis is good but the rest just feel very cheap. It should have been packaged with the starter kit.

Bought it from DSE for $89.94. Disappointed with the demo disc. Will have to go down to Kmart and buy a full game.

Played one game of table tennis and **** me my arm was starting to hurt. Will have to purchase a second controller next pay and get some wrist weights, should be some good exercise!

Don't forget the store has many more demos.

For utter WTF, try (or dont) Kung Fu Rider / aka, gas lift chair racer uber crap. (and no platinum for a retail release. How did they manage that?.. last minute PSN convert)

Racket Sports has the inferior table tennis (not playable on the demo) but has a pretty cool TENNIS game (playable on demo)
You are near unbeatable if you shoot a cross court forehand which your opponent will chase down and just manage a down the line return - then shot off a cross court back hand (two handed of course) ;)
Rinse & repeat for easy wins.
You can turn on ADVANCED controls in this which allows you to press Trigger for over precise shots that turn out to be some sort of super shot if you pull it off.

Planet mini golf was in the Move section,
I was hooked. Downloaded the demo for it to reveal "you can only use the move controller if you upgrade to the full version"
Still fun to play without move.

Haven't used ours much of late. My 4yr old daughter managed to knockout about 60% of the trophies in Start The Party so I tried to get a few more. Getting close to platinum :p

Decided to throw up some pics & thoughts on 2 different guns.
Official gun attachment $34 (now $28 acording to JB website)
Hive aftermarket attachment $25

SIDE VIEW - Note the lengths.
gunsside.jpg

TOP VIEW - Showing the access to the button set up.
guns2.jpg

MORE - Left pic shows the cover off the official gun for removal of the move controller(it unclicks).
The Hive gun top stays attached & swings up for removal (perhaps a little cooler).
gunstopview.jpg

TRIGGER VIEW - Quite a variation in trigger size/thickness. HIVE gun has a bit more room in there and the wider trigger but the thinner trigger on the official gun still feels & fits quite good resting in the first joint.
triggerview.jpg

As shown, the Hive controller looks way better in colour & shape. It also covers just a bit more of the ugly ball on the end of the motion controller.

The Hive controller is longer/bulkier and this has its pros & cons, that being..
Pros - Much more room for a 2 handed grip (left hand on the button area up front for reloading etc) & a bit better for larger hands. Has Sight "bits" on top but I guess you'd only use these for sniping or closing one eye & shooting:confused:

Cons- With the motion controller so far away from the trigger it isn't balanced very well and feels front heavy if you're playing 1 handed. Certainly not over the top but you do notice it when you have 1 of each gun in your hands.
Cheaper feel to it.

The official controller, like most has the better feel and is weighted perfectly. The trigger moves smoothly. It has very little room for a 2 handed grip though and this stops you from putting your left hand in the most comfortable position up front as your trigger finger rubs against your palm unless you move it out a bit.

The official gun has a plug on the back that pulls out so you can recharge whilst using it. Hive gun cannot be used whilst charging.

I have played 3hours of Deadstorm Pirates & 10 mins of Time Crisis 4 with these. I took the motion controller out to see if the T button triggers were scratched & they were on both. It's minor but with how the guns work (Gun trigger pulls a spring on a plastic extender that pulls the T trigger) after 100 hours there might be a little wear. The T trigger is fat anyway so I doubt this will matter much.

Deadstorm pirates had auto reloading so that was all out fun. The accuracy feels nice with both of these & you only had to press start to continue.
Dual wielding in that was a blast.
Time Crisis 4 had the "shoot off screen" for reload and this is where the weighting/balance difference was most felt if using 1 handed shooting.

Triple post for me now but I wanted this one separate.
Still red in colour but Sony have trumped all with this, SHARPSHOOTER gun that houses both attachments.
Until I'd seen this I have seen no reason to buy the NAVIGATION controller.
With this gun, it sits up front.
http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/accessories/sony/move-sharp-shooter-sku-267438/

Aftermarket will copy but this set up will be perfect for the full FPS type games that have move support.
psmovesharpshooter_92828_screen.jpg

img_1630-1000.jpg

Kotaku said:
While the game felt more real, more active than playing a shooter slouching in a couch with a controller pad in your hands, it wasn’t an entirely positive experience.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/12/sharp-shooter-offers-killzone-3-a-us40-crutch/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back