Playstation Move | No fingerguns allowed.

Remove this Banner Ad

New troll website by Sony.

http://www.movemadeabsurdlyeasy.com.php5-13.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/#

aome77.png

fptYw.png

Very happy with how Virtua Tennis 4 is sounding. Doesn't sound anywhere near as disappointing as 2009 was and looks to be running more on the want to improve the game and bring it into the proper next-gen that it should be. Hopefully it will prove to be the Motion Controlled tennis game that everyone would love to see and play.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-10-virtua-tennis-4-hands-on
Virtua Tennis 4 Hands-On
Virtua Tennis 4 is an ambassador for Sony's vision of the future of gaming, a confident demonstration of the benefits of Move and 3D. And unlike most early ambassadors, it's polished. This isn't a tentative experiment with mysterious new techniques – you can tell that right from the first serve – but a wholehearted attempt at building a professional-looking sports game entirely upon new technology. It doesn't work seamlessly just yet, but it's already doing a lot better than most.

You've got to get out of old motion control habits with Virtua Tennis 4; my fallback Wii Sports Tennis technique of letting my arm drop limp at my side and flicking my wrist proved wholly ineffectual within about five seconds. You have to hold the Move controller out like a real tennis racquet, and move into position for shots.

This might sound affected, but it doesn't feel forced. Replicating actual sports in front of a TV screen has always been a bit silly, but the controller in your hand and its 3D, fully moving image on-screen are an adequate enough substitute for a real racquet to draw you in.

The Move integration is another matter. It changes everything, not only how you play the game, but how you'll want to play it. VT2009 (Wii) felt like a half-step compared to this. Motion control is finally being applied in ways that work, and it's accurate enough now to be more than a novelty. It's a shame that such a lot of bad will has been built up around it in the gaming community, because it's got more potential for traditional games now than it's ever had.

Tennis should be one of the better looking sporting games out there, but the graphics really are poor compared to other top range sports.

Btw, what happened to GST on PS3 and 360? Did it get canned or something?

If the game is like GST on Wii however, then we're in for some real fun. That game was epic, especially online. When you got a half decent connection you could play some epic games and epic shots. It would have me literally jumping up and down, fisting pumping, cursing etc it was that intense. Saving match points and then coming back to win, there's no better feeling in gaming.

Edit: Top spin 4 looks much better. I think this one will have move as well.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/objects/085/085826.html

If you pre-order you get a code to unlock Agassi with his wig.

183273-TopSpin4_16_Agassi_Mullet_Backhand-620x.jpg

Tennis should be one of the better looking sporting games out there, but the graphics really are poor compared to other top range sports.

Btw, what happened to GST on PS3 and 360? Did it get canned or something?

If the game is like GST on Wii however, then we're in for some real fun. That game was epic, especially online. When you got a half decent connection you could play some epic games and epic shots. It would have me literally jumping up and down, fisting pumping, cursing etc it was that intense. Saving match points and then coming back to win, there's no better feeling in gaming.

Edit: Top spin 4 looks much better. I think this one will have move as well.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/objects/085/085826.html
I don't exactly know what they have done to the graphics in VT4 as they do look strange. But it's all about the gameplay in tennis games and that is where I can see VT4 maybe edging out TS4 despite Top Spin 3 being far and away the better version than VT2009.

Only because right now IF TS4 get's Move (something I haven't seen confirmed yet, but you would expect it to) I would just think that it could be more that VT4 will win out because it has had the time and attention payed pretty much solely to the Move controls where as I can see Top Spin's being a bit more of just an attached option without the same real depth. What Top Spin is sort of priding itself on is it's control depth throughout using the different buttons, holding them down for certain power and finesse which I don't see them really wanting to drop that for something like Move considering it is meant for an actual controller being in your hands.

Plus when it comes to actual fun in tennis Virtua Tennis would take the cake, with it's career mode being one of the best hands down in really any sports game just for it's insane zany mini-games (and it also really gave birth to the career modes you see nowadays).

Having said that I'll probably get both and try them out anyway.:)

GST is supposedly still coming, was delayed due to the implementation of motion controls (most likely anyway) being put in and there really hasn't been much word of it for a while).

Thought about getting this as a gift for a mate by the weekend but by the time I get the start up bundle, a second MOVE controller and maybe a sports title the $$ start to add up.
Not much info on the navigation controller so I had to go searching to find out if it was really needed for typical Wii type gaming. Doesn't seem to be needed.

The archery & sword fighting thing seem to need 2 MOVE controllers. The start up pack should include 2.

The oddly named (I think) Kung Fu rider wasn't what I was expecting. I saw a demo of a skate type game with a guy riding down the street on an office chair, complete with grinding rails etc..

Big plus is Tiger Woods 2011 looks freakin awesome with the move controller and a demo of that is included on the bundled disc.

To buy or not to buy...............

Pretty much the same as Sean. Will wait to pick up Move until Dead Space Extraction is out basically, so early 2011. Well, that depends on how well LBP2 plays with the Move, I might consider it for that.

It's not necessarily that there's nothing that I want for it currently, more so that I'd rather get it when I'll use it most and right now there's just way too much else coming out for me to get it tomorrow. Once I can play Dead Space Extraction, Killzone 3, inFAMOUS 2 (rumoured anyway), LBP2, SOCOM 4, etc. I'll have much more fun.:)

Pretty much the same as Sean. Will wait to pick up Move until Dead Space Extraction is out basically, so early 2011. Well, that depends on how well LBP2 plays with the Move, I might consider it for that.

It's not necessarily that there's nothing that I want for it currently, more so that I'd rather get it when I'll use it most and right now there's just way too much else coming out for me to get it tomorrow. Once I can play Dead Space Extraction, Killzone 3, inFAMOUS 2 (rumoured anyway), LBP2, SOCOM 4, etc. I'll have much more fun.:)
Seriously... how many games do you play?

I reckon i'll be grabing all those games lol and more.
Im not sure if i'll grab move or not, i'm still not sold on using it for shooters.

Basically the sole reason I want this so far is for Time Crisis. Other shooters look okay but mainly Time Crisis.

Target have the bundle for 79 which is the cheapest I've seen. Minus my 5% staff discount gets it to around 75 bucks. I'm mighty tempted.........

The only reason I may hold on though is for a Time Crisis bundle. I recall Japan had one but not sure if we'll get one. Interesting times ahead.

Basically the sole reason I want this so far is for Time Crisis. Other shooters look okay but mainly Time Crisis.

Target have the bundle for 79 which is the cheapest I've seen. Minus my 5% staff discount gets it to around 75 bucks. I'm mighty tempted.........

The only reason I may hold on though is for a Time Crisis bundle. I recall Japan had one but not sure if we'll get one. Interesting times ahead.
$79 at Kmart too FWIW. And I can't believe I forgot to mention Time Crisis, so stoked to see it coming with Move and while I haven't seen a whole lot on it, I can't wait to give it a go. I loves me a good Time Crisis. Will have to get the Gun Attachment though.:D

$79 at Kmart too FWIW. And I can't believe I forgot to mention Time Crisis, so stoked to see it coming with Move and while I haven't seen a whole lot on it, I can't wait to give it a go. I loves me a good Time Crisis. Will have to get the Gun Attachment though.:D

But it only comes in red (I think?).

Ewwwwwwwwwww

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it only comes in red (I think?).

Ewwwwwwwwwww
It's not that bad...I know it's Red and White and you might have an aversion to that for some reason;)...but it still looks good enough. The only thing I want to know is if it's awkward to use, it's so tiny and small that it's only needed to fit in one hand, I'm so use to the light gun where you had to hold the thing with both hands and push the A and B buttons for cover and reloading. Will have to go check it out in store before I make any decisions.

It's not that bad...I know it's Red and White and you might have an aversion to that for some reason;)...but it still looks good enough. The only thing I want to know is if it's awkward to use, it's so tiny and small that it's only needed to fit in one hand, I'm so use to the light gun where you had to hold the thing with both hands and push the A and B buttons for cover and reloading. Will have to go check it out in store before I make any decisions.

No. no aversion. Just think it's simple "ewwww"

Yeah it does seem small though.
shooting-attachment_01.jpg

Time Crisis Razing Storm is set for release October 19th for North America so hopefully we won't get it too long after that.

The glow ball on the end makes it one of the gayest looking gaming controllers I've ever seen. At least it works better than it looks..

I also didn't consider already owning one of those eyetoy cameras, making the bundle a bit less appealing. The individual prices don't really stack up but the bundle is the only place you'll get the demo disc.
$75/$79 is pretty cheap considering just the move controller is supposed to have a RRP of $69.95.

The glow ball on the end makes it one of the gayest looking gaming controllers I've ever seen. At least it works better than it looks..

I also didn't consider already owning one of those eyetoy cameras, making the bundle a bit less appealing. The individual prices don't really stack up but the bundle is the only place you'll get the demo disc.
$75/$79 is pretty cheap considering just the move controller is supposed to have a RRP of $69.95.
Each Move demo that is on the demo disc with the bundle is now available on the PS Store. So it's probably in your favour to buy the motion controller and nav controller separate and save yourself a few bob.

Went & bought 2 bundles on my break at work. $79 price match at EB (1 is a gift)
Currently "installing" so I came for a bigfooty fix.
Kinda thought the demos would be playable off the disc but they've gotta be downloaded/installed from it like any PS3 store demo at a typical size of over 1GB.
I'll be upgrading my 40GB hard drive soon as I'm forever deleting stuff to make room.

On the demo disc there is.. (i'll add demo size for those that might want to download them) For info sake, the trigger is referred to as the T button. It also has force feedback / vibration which I wasn't expecting.
MOVE controller comes complete with safety strap so they've learnt from the early Nintendo wii error of assuming people will hold on to their controller whilst swinging it around madly in the name of fun.

SPORTS CHAMPIONS 1015MB- 2 playable games only.
Table Tennis.
This is unreal. Had a blast and thrashed the CPU. The controller felt so accurate for top spin that winding up and smashng the ball worked a treat. Also, imagine in table tennis where you hit a back hand with the paddle a little to close to your body and you get that weird inside out floating spin. This was also quite well replicated. :)
The trigger (T button) underneath the move controller is what you press to drop the ball. Ill buy sports champions tomorrow just for this game (although racket sports is another game that should have table tennis & tennis so I might go that instead)

Disc Golf
For those that have never heard of disc golf.. Well, it's golf with a frisbee :cool: Strange one but graphically it's pretty good if you want a cross between basketball, golf & frisbee. (any takers:p)
Seems to work very frisbee like with the move with how you can achieve LIFT by forcing down as you'd throw a frisbee. Release T at whatever point you wish to release your grip.

START THE PARTY 2097MB:eek:

Bug Bash Bash flying bugs with a tennis racket.

Picture This A painting game where you paint inside the outline of various shapes and it turns those shapes into something in the end which then comes to life. Accurate enough and I was able to stay in the lines :)

There was single & group playing options. Can safely assume there'd be different game options in the group section cos the 2 in single player does not equate to 2097MB. This is one for the kids, no fun for me.

The Shoot 357MB
I'll wait til someone else says this was accurate and a good shooter before I bag it but OMG it's terrible. Entering my name (shoot the letters) was clunky enough. First play through and I hit 1 in 100 so went out and re calibrated. Second playthrough wasn't much better. There wasn't any on screen crosshairs so you can't see where you're aiming. Got to be the way I've set it up or perhaps a distance to tv thing cos so far the MOVE has been awesomely accurate but my first thoughts on shooting with it had me swearing. WTF. I'll come back to this.

TUMBLE 725MB (requires a freakin update right off the bat... more waiting) Add another 38MB.
Stack blocks and make a tower. Whilst I love tetris and it's falling blocks, this game of "pick up the block" and move it on top of the other one and release your T button grip seemed very unfulfilling. It did have a pretty good recalibration/re centre thing which makes me think I might have better luck with THE SHOOT next time.

TIGER WOODS 2011 1722MB
Love it. Definite 1 for 1 motion. Turning your wrist either way for draw/fade (hook & slice shots) even whilst he's lining up is replicated on screen. Does seem very swing & hope but once word gets out, this series (and everybodys golf) with the MOVE feature should absolutely own wii golf.
Hole 1, par 4. Finished 1 over after a full green length put went straight in.
Hole 2, par 3. Finished 1 under after swinging it AS HARD as I could and my drive landing 2m from the hole. Put went straight in.

ECHOCHROME 2
TV SUPERSTARS
BEAT SKETCHER
EYEPET MOVE ed
(ill play the others tomorrow night. bed after 1 more game of table tennis)

Also, imagine in table tennis where you hit a back hand with the paddle a little to close to your body and you get that weird inside out floating spin. This was also quite well replicated. :)

that would be from incorrect technique/off timing ;)

also nice write up.

i was going to get the move eventually but now i'm wondering if i should get it today....i guess i can still wait.

i really would love to play heavy rain again with the move and take a different path maybe killing off a couple of characters or something.
killzone 3 would def be worth a try as well.
not only that but i'm looking forward to a good tennis/table tennis recreation with the move. (i would still use the controller to play seriously but i think the move has some potential)

Gunna buy this s**t on the way home tonight.

EDIT - I play PS3 on my projector/screen, is the eyetoy going to pic that light up coming from the projector and throw a fit?
It shouldn't be to bad. Probably not ideal to have them on the same level otherwise it might be an issue. I have my camera 1ft below my TV and angle it up a bit so you could do similar if your projector is higher and avoid direct eye contact. You'll find out I guess.

I had my 4 year old daughter playing all of the demos today. She LOVED the party game demo so I went and bought that for her (spoilt). It has 13 silver trophies, 2 gold and 33 bronze, 1 plat obviously. Crazy. I'm sure she'll get some of them.
She was ok at table tennis and won a match.
She was unable to hit the ball in tiger woods and cursed "oh this is RUBBISH" and she gave up. To funny.

Downloading a demo of Kung fu rider (skate meets gas lift chair racer)
The US store has a Planet mini golf demo (by Zen Studios)
The heavy rain move demo is also up.

Downloaded racket sports demo & played tennis. You can get some awesome cross court passes with a nice full swing. Completely unreturnable, the CPU had no chance.

When I was buying my bundles yesterday, the guy at EB said they'd sold out of individual MOVE controllers so a lot of people are probbaly taking the option of downloading demos, avoiding duplicate cameras etc.

The technology (not that it's new) got me hooked. I wanted to see how good they have got it & now that AFL11 is a 2011 thing, still a week til Dead Rising 2 - I was at MAJOR gaming boredom and needed something new.

Good overview JADED.:thumbsu:

At least I'll know which title's there are to pick up when I do get it for either LBP2, Time Crisis pack or next year for Dead Space Extraction.

Have you done much just random swinging of the controller at all times to check how 1:1 the motion is?

Would love to hear what you think of Echochrome 2 as that thing looked amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back