Playstation Move | No fingerguns allowed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Echochrome 2 just took the cake.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5593207/try-not-to-care-about-echochrome-ii-after-watching-this
TRY NOT TO CARE ABOUT ECHOCHROME 2 AFTER WATCHING THIS
We love games that involve shadows. But no one on team Kotaku was buzzing about Echochrome ii. Then I saw it yesterday running on a PS3, controlled by the wand-like Move controller. And now I can't shut up about it.

Watch the video. You will like it.

How the game works: The little Echochrome man walks automatically across whatever shadows your controller-directed light source has projected onto the wall. The shadows, as you can see, are of the objects that float in the game's foreground. The little man will hopefully stride toward a goal and not a fatal plummet, if you have lined things up well. He either stands idle or he starts walking, testing the layout of your course. All you can do is let him walk or make him stop; otherwise you have no control over him, just of the shape of his terrain.
[youtube]3l37NWZ2U-w[/youtube]

That is absolutely incredible.

Very cool. :thumbsu:

Obviously works different moving the shadow rather than the platforms, but looks like they've pretty much have kept the originals basic gameplay intact too.

It looks insanely good regardless of what vid you're watching. I never really got into the first Echochrome, the demo confused the **** out of me. But this looks accessible enough that when it does get harder it'll still be fun.

It looks insanely good regardless of what vid you're watching. I never really got into the first Echochrome, the demo confused the **** out of me. But this looks accessible enough that when it does get harder it'll still be fun.
Yeah I know, I had no idea what was going on in the first game.

playstation-move-20100714113625330_640w.jpg

Hope you can use this to play FPS. It would be epic.

Under Siege is going to be AWESOME.

It's a self published PSN title made by a small team and it's built for the Move. Not only that but it has a s**t tonne of features.

Graphics are good as well.

Here's the full interview along with pictures: http://iwaggle.blogspot.com/2010/08/interview-under-siege-seed-studios.html

Could you briefly introduce Under Siege to our audience please?
Under Siege is a real time strategy game, developed with console gaming in mind. It includes a single player campaign, competitive and cooperative multiplayer maps (playable in both online and split screen modes), and a really powerful editor, that enables players to build new maps and then share them with the Under Siege community.

One important thing to note is that Under Siege is not an RTS in the traditional sense. We don't want players to buy the game expecting a Starcraft-clone, and ending up disappointed. It shares aspects with RTS games, but also with games like Myth, or even World of Warcraft, so we invite everyone, even those that don't normally like strategy games, to give it a chance and judge it for what it is.

Under Siege is also a very feature-rich game for a PSN only title. At least so it was last time we heard about it. Is that still the case? Was anything new added? Could you go through that list again to make sure we are not missing anything?
We tried to included every feature the PS3 supports that made sense to our game. Nothing has been removed from the planned features and we added some in the extra time we had.

On the XMB side we support custom soundtracks, taking screenshots at any time (even on the menus or editor) and bootable invites (you can boot directly into Under Siege from another game when you receive an invite).

In game options also include video recording, split screen multiplayer and of course Move support.

On a more technical side, we support 1080p output and MLAA (for those that don't know, this is the kind of anti aliasing used in God of War 3) when in 720p mode.

Could you describe the control system relative to the PlayStation Move? How does it work during gameplay and within the editor?

Normally in Under Siege, the player controls a 3D cursor around which the camera is centered. You move the left stick and everything follows along.
With the Move, we are more closely replicating a PC experience. The cursor is still 3D and placed on the terrain, but you move it directly pointing at the screen, and the camera is no longer attached to it. To pan the camera, you either push the cursor to the edges of the screen, or use the left stick on the DS3 or navigation controller, like you would the cursor keys on Starcraft for example. We use the Move like a laser pointer, so depending on the player, absolute precision can be difficult, as small hands motions become much bigger when projected onto the screen. That's why we use an alternative mode in the editor. There the cursor is positioned based on the absolute position of the Move from the point of view of the camera, similar to all the painting demos you've seen from Sony. This way you can sculpt and paint the terrain in a more intuitive and precise way, although it's not as fast to move the cursor. We are thinking of having an option to toggle between the two modes in both the editor and the game, depending on the player's preference.

Under_Siege_01.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong with RTS?

Starcraft 2 is an RTS and that's apparently 'the s**t'.
Couldn't give a rats clacker about Starcraft 2, couldn't name you anything about the game other than it's an RTS made by Blizzard.

My hate of RTS's is just less than that of my hate for Onyacoxy and the other onyacoxy.:)

Has there been a bit of a swifty with the starter packs?

All the information I was hearing in the lead up was that there'd be starter bundles consisting of

Move Controller
PS Eye
Sports Champions

available for < USD$100

The pre-orders I find though have the full sports champions game replaced with a 'demo disc'.
I believe so, but I was also under the impression that the demo disc thing was for Europe only releases. PlayAsia still have the US version with Sports Champions.

Have to say it's pretty amazing the list of titles getting Move capability. And they're substantial titles that we've all probably looked at or have an interest in.

MAG
Dead Space Extraction
Virtua Tennis 4
Killzone 3
LBP2
SOCOM 4
Heavy Rain

These are the titles that I either want to see Move with or have a real genuine interest in. I dunno how Move will go with online shooters, but I'd definitely be up for giving it a go with Killzone 3's campaign.

No More Heroes Wii-Make getting Move support.

Source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1113845p1.html
At the Konami press conference during Gamescom in Germany, the company briefly revealed that No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, the official sequel to the Wii titles No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, will land on PlayStation 3 with PlayStation Move support.

The PlayStation 3 edition can be played with a standard PS3 controller but will be enhanced with controller motion if played with a PlayStation Move peripheral.

The game will ship on PlayStation 3 in 2011.

NBA 2K11 to get Move, no true details as yet to how exactly they will work. More hardcore titles getting Move.

Source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1115640p1.html
NBA 2K11 TO GET MOVE
Sony is looking to perfect the motion-sensing formula with NBA 2K11 on PlayStation 3. We've learned that the perennial basketball star will use both PlayStation Move and 3D TV technology when it releases on October 5.

No news on the exact motions that will be tapped to bring basketball to life as you wave your controllers at the screen, but we've been told that it will support shooting, passing, blocking shots, stealing and dunking.

PlayStation Move review: The hardware and experience
The Verdict

Issues with line-of-site and play distance aside, I can't help but declare PlayStation Move a resounding success as a piece of consumer technology and general way of interacting with games. Yes, it's the natural evolution of the Wii Remote, but it trumps Nintendo's creation in every respect, from its accuracy (even MotionPlus can't match it) to the quality of its vibration feedback.

The hardware's great, and I can see it being used in a multitude of really cool ways, but of course it's only as cool as the games that use it. I've mentioned Sports Champions and Tumble, two great games that make excellent showcases for Move's potential. But considering everything on offer, it's hard not to classify Move as anything more than a "cool toy" at launch. The best of Move is worth experiencing, but is it worthy of a day-one purchase – not to mention the full set of two controllers and a NavCon? No.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/01/playstation-move-review

Interesting read, but it's great to see that Sony got it working right.

IGN have a bunch of reviews for PlayStation Move and the games that are supporting it.

I'll post the PS Move review but link all the game reviews (and 2 impressions).

Source: http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/111/1117286p1.html
IGN REVIEW - PS MOVE HARDWARE

Closing Comments
At the end of the day, the PlayStation Move has the potential to be the best motion control system on the current crop of consoles; but unfortunately, the games offered at the moment just don't do the technology justice. If you're eager to buy into the system now, don't expect a whole lot of great content straight out of the gate, but with time and certain kinks ironed out, the Move could prove to be a great way to add new gameplay experiences to the PlayStation 3 and attract new, more casual players.

8.5 Performance
Motion tracking is incredibly accurate...assuming you're playing the right game.

9.0 Build Quality
On-par with the rest of the PS3 hardware and accessories.

8.0 Ease of Use
Frequent recalibration and readjustment can be a pain, but otherwise pretty simple.

8.5 Value
Fairly affordable and Sony allows you to buy the system in pieces.

OVERALL 8.5
Sports Champions Review (Score - 7.5)
EyePet Review (Score - 8.0)
Kung Fu Rider Review (Score - 3.5)
Racquet Sports Review (Score - 4.5)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Impressions
High Velocity Bowling Impressions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back