2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

25 scoring shots to 12 for an 8 point win. Well deserved.

Impey BOG, way too good.

My second favourite Siren

large_2EpJEn6GC8GvI3kh0SG0bKflBhU.jpg

Sensational effort with De Rossi old son, one night with you and she changed teams. :eek:

Sensational effort with De Rossi old son, one night with you and she changed teams. :eek:

Once you've climbed Everest everything after that is a let down. May as well take up diving. ;)

PS Kate Fischer didn't even make the credits!

Byrne-Jones was outstanding. Pittard 2.0 is correct Blaggut
Impey will play AFL next week. Our best player.
Neade and Sammy Gray were lively as well.

Hoon is far from ready, He can rack up touches but his disposal of the ball was horrible. Completely different player to 2 years ago.
I understand that Redden just came back from an injury but he needs some footy smarts, Also Shaw should never play in the backlines he was lost back there.

Clurey could be our next tagger next year, shut down Kirkwood for about 2-3 quarters but then Kirkwood played well in the 4th.
Logan Austin and Sid Masters impressed me as backmen.

Butcher took some great marks but shanked a shot (about 35m out on the boundary line) out of bounds.

Yoey Wagner kicked the winner from about 50m out on a 45 degree angle.

Was not a fan of Buddah putting Neade and Wagner as our "tall forwards" early in the game. That first quarter was disgraceful with the chip fest.

As the game progressed we started taking the game on and also Redden/Butcher etc acted as our tall targets instead.

Byrne-Jones was outstanding. Pittard 2.0 is correct Blaggut
Impey will play AFL next week. Our best player.
Neade and Sammy Gray were lively as well.

Hoon is far from ready, He can rack up touches but his disposal of the ball was horrible. Completely different player to 2 years ago.
I understand that Redden just came back from an injury but he needs some footy smarts, Also Shaw should never play in the backlines he was lost back there.

Clurey could be our next tagger next year, shut down Kirkwood for about 2-3 quarters but then Kirkwood played well in the 4th.
Logan Austin and Sid Masters impressed me as backmen.

Butcher took some great marks but shanked a shot (about 35m out on the boundary line) out of bounds.

Yoey Wagner kicked the winner from about 50m out on a 45 degree angle.
You are the Man! Thanks Ross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Harvey go? Stats look o.k. Did he impact on the game?

Was solid in the ruck and kicked a really good goal on the run from about 45m out in the 3rd quarter. When Redden gets back to full fitness, Harvey will probs get more time up forward.

How did Harvey go? Stats look o.k. Did he impact on the game?

What I noticed is that his contested marking is really good. Should have had another contested pack mark right in front of goal kicking into the breeze, but wasn't paid. It would definitely have been paid at AFL level. What he has over Butch, Shaw and even Lobbe is that ability to get his mitts on the ball and drag it in, even with spoils and competing markers flying everywhere. I think he'll develop into a real player for us, I can't wait for him to build a good tank and continue to develop.

What I noticed is that his contested marking is really good. Should have had another contested pack mark right in front of goal kicking into the breeze, but wasn't paid. It would definitely have been paid at AFL level. What he has over Butch, Shaw and even Lobbe is that ability to get his mitts on the ball and drag it in, even with spoils and competing markers flying everywhere. I think he'll develop into a real player for us, I can't wait for him to build a good tank and continue to develop.

Agreed.

Good, solid win. Kicking at goal let us down, and made the game seem closer than it really was. That said, bad kicking is bad football, so that's certainly something to work on.

Redden and Harvey were very well matched - probably beaten - in the ruck by Kurtze. However, Sturt were getting first touch far more often, and they were dominant in the clearances for much of the day.

Redden didn't offer a whole lot up forward or around the ground; would love to see him start clunking some big marks. Not a great day for the big man.

Harvey kicked a couple of goals up forward, which was pleasing. Linked up in handball chains a few times further up the ground as well. An encouraging game from a developing KPF.

Mason Shaw played as a KPD on Bruggemann for the majority of the game, which turned out to be a pretty handy move. Mason didn't get too many touches, but took a few intercept grabs, and held Bruggs to 8 disposals and 0 goals for the day. Unsure of Shaw's prospects as a KPD in the AFL, but he looked good back there today.

Butcher competed well all day. Kicking wise, it was a bit of a mixed bag. One tough (but gettable) set shot out on the full, another from about 50 that looked beautiful off the boot, but went too high and ended up falling short. Took some lovely contested marks, mostly in the second half. Often read the ball well from the rucks, and handed a couple off (laying solid blocks), which resulted in scoring shots. Needs to lead harder up the wing to provide an option, although in saying this, mids quite often run into the space that should be left for a KPF to lead into. A decent day for Butch, would like him to start hitting the scoreboard harder.

Hopefully will have a chance to write something about the rest of our players.

Should have had another contested pack mark right in front of goal kicking into the breeze, but wasn't paid. It would definitely have been paid at AFL level

That was an absolute disgrace.

Thanks. I have high hopes for Harvey.

Going on the score it was a topsy turvy game. Was the wind a big factor?

View attachment 132310
There was a decent cross breeze that did favour the southern end. One shot by Bruggerman for sturt in the last quarter from the Alan Scott HQ side was really held up by the cross breeze. He kicked it from 20m around from the point post and I reckon it drifted back towards the centre of the ground at its highest point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back