Positive Mindset

Remove this Banner Ad

I also believe the sky is blue and the earth is round ...

But I still don't believe in the fairy dust and magic you were peddling in the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So where is the connection to fairy dust with self belief and confidence.
I think you are reading between lines that don't exist.

Whats been overlooked in this discussion is that some teams just match up better than others .

St Kilda gave Freo a pounding last year , they match up really well & prooves on the day if everything clicks ,any team can win , but its very rare .
We just have'nt had one of those lucky days this year where everything has fallen our way , The match ups in our favour , the bounce of the ball , the other team having a bad day etc etc. NO LUCK has come our way .
Some teams can just bond on a particular occassion, in their case , Lenny Hayes retirement .
If only a certain player approaching 300 games on our list was as inspirational or as unselfish.

But confidence and belief in your own ability and as a team more so can move mountains. So this leads us to the point that maybe the building blocks are there and we just have to concentrate on how they all go together rather than searching for that mythical player that when introduced will turn our fortunes around. Maybe it has to come from within because it lies latent in everyone as we witnessed yesterday.

So where is the connection to fairy dust with self belief and confidence.

aghmh.jpg

ndot said:
with the saints win over the dockers, we are now the ONLY team not to have taken a "scalp".
Melbourne haven't either (ok they beat Adelaide in Adelaide but they aren't in the 8 )

St Kilda gave Freo a pounding last year , they match up really well & prooves on the day if everything clicks ,any team can win , but its very rare. We just have'nt had one of those lucky days this year where everything has fallen our way , The match ups in our favour , the bounce of the ball , the other team having a bad day etc etc. NO LUCK has come our way .
Had a good chance to beat Collingwood earlier in the year with two of their tall defenders going down during the game and still couldn't capitalize.

Should have held on to win that one. In some ways this year has been more disappointing than last year.

Melbourne haven't either (ok they beat Adelaide in Adelaide but they aren't in the 8 )

melbourne beat essendon. they also came within 3 points of beating port.

we have been the most disappointing team this year, hands down. yet some seem to think that the current coach should bear no responsibility for this thoroughly disappointing position we find ourselves in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

melbourne beat essendon. they also came within 3 points of beating port.

we have been the most disappointing team this year, hands down. yet some seem to think that the current coach should bear no responsibility for this thoroughly disappointing position we find ourselves in.
The current coach had virtually no say in the make up of the list he is now coaching (the one player he did push to have recruited was Xavier Ellis who has been good) and is attempting to implement a new game plan with a group that has a fundamental flaw being a lack of class in the midfield

Not everything Simpson has done I agree with as his fixation on using three rucks has been questionable but he should be given some time to shape our list and have a meaningful impact on the playing group before we throw him under the bus

Whats been overlooked in this discussion is that some teams just match up better than others .

St Kilda gave Freo a pounding last year , they match up really well & prooves on the day if everything clicks ,any team can win , but its very rare .
We just have'nt had one of those lucky days this year where everything has fallen our way , The match ups in our favour , the bounce of the ball , the other team having a bad day etc etc. NO LUCK has come our way .
Some teams can just bond on a particular occassion, in their case , Lenny Hayes retirement .
If only a certain player approaching 300 games on our list was as inspirational or as unselfish.

Obviously read my post last night & thought it was time...

Positive mindset. Players are up. Heart Desire.
Of course it's important. It's also not something that players or coaches can ever get a grip on because it's not an easily obtainable commodity. But it's important. It's the reason why Nadal knows he can win, Tiger was so dominating and why Football teams who are at the top of their game often win the close one. Or why a football team can get a run on with a few goals.

BUT lets not go past the most important thing and that is Talent and skill execution.

Our team list is very thin; if we could get our best team on the park then we could be very competitive with that list. But we don't have the talent pool to compete if we lose a few players unlike say Hawthorn.
We also have very poor skill execution over a seasons performance. Sure certain games this year we have looked great with this but generally we are a very average team with skill execution and decision making. And this is what we are pinning our hopes on with Simpson. Can he develop our list??
Roos first thing that he and Melbourne did was realise that they just couldnt get the pill. So they bought in Cross, Vince, Tyson and hoped to further develop Viney and get the same great effort from Jones. They are more competitive but they are where they are because over a season they can't kick, mark or make better decisions. They are getting more belief and confidence and this surely comes from knowing that they can be competitive.

Our team - we need to draft or trade in players that have good decision making skills, have some speed and can deliver the pill. I think weve made some moves in the right direction as both Yeo and Ellis are good additions. But we need some kids who can win their own footy and use it.

A question. Is Sheed any good? Perfectly honest, I don't know because we havent played the kid and when we have he hasnt played much time in the middle. We need to develop these kids, if theyre good enough to get drafted then they are good enough to be given the chance to develop. We don't do this very well. Players have breakouts because they start to believe in themselves ( Sheppard for example this year). So yes a Positive Mindset is crucial to play sport at any level sucessfully - but you have to have talent and workrate and good skills.

this is my positive mindset.

trade out those who arent willing to win or play the ball properly out of the midfield including your godchild priddis and even the other so called a1 midfielders

grab a new decent 3 midfielders or two and build. the rest of the spine is fine

as long as we continue to rely on the same midfield including the love and bias for priddis and co. were ****ed.

Last edited:
this is my positive mindset.

trade out those who arent willing to win or play the ball properly out of the midfield including your godchild priddis and even the other so called a1 midfielders

grab a new decent 3 midfielders or two and build. the rest of the spine is fine

as long as we continue to rely on the same midfield including the love and bias for priddis and co. were ******.
Should have played Sheed, Tunbridge, Colledge more throughout this year.

Blind Freddy could see after 6 rounds that we weren't going to make the eight.

Only the "Professionals" had their head stuck up their arse living in denial, as well as a few posters here, whom shall not be named.

Therefore, the way I see it, we've wasted another year in relearning what we already know.

Question for you Smotie, how many players do you actually like from west coast?
What does it have to do with the topic.
And how is it any of your business?
I mean I would bother answering but I know you haven't got anything good to say to me regarding the question so I'm not going to bother with you.

But Freo basically threw that game by resting all their players just before week 1 of the finals.

But Freo basically threw that game by resting all their players just before week 1 of the finals.

Exactly, i wasn't surprised one bit that the saints came out and rolled them again.

If ONLY i'd chucked some money on them paying $16 for the win! :(

I need to get into this online gambling thing.

What does it have to do with the topic.
And how is it any of your business?
I mean I would bother answering but I know you haven't got anything good to say to me regarding the question so I'm not going to bother with you.
I'm just curious whether you like any other players on our list other then McGovern, and if so who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back