Positives & Negatives - Paddle-pop-Lion-licking, round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive
Duggun with his 6 contested possessions equalled M*****'s tally for the entire game. Attacked the footy like Kerr, one touched it like Cousins and hit Kennedy on the tit lace out with a searing pass that reminded me of Akermanis

Negative
Our match committee probably didn't notice and if they did, dont value contested ability over the ability to pick up cheap kicks backwards or sideways of the play at halfback. So ****** will play again next week and be s**t again next week. We will be talking about the loss to GWN and the need to rebuild our midfield all the while great young midfield prospects are playing 1 quarter off the bench or burning up the WAFL all the while spuds like ****** keep playing week in week out.

Last edited:
+'s
Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but Duggan's game was pretty good just quietly
Yeo playing more time in the middle
McInnes showed some promise in his first game
Wellingham didn't get that much of the ball, but did the defensive job pretty well today - can only be good for our versatility
Cripps gets stung by a stingray - gets a big cork at the start of the game and plays the game out - well done

-'s
Leaving Daniel Rich free to get a handball receive at their attacking 50. Same as against Carlton with Tuhoy
Josh Kennedy - He's been remarkably accurate for a long time now, but kicked a few behinds on the weekend. I hope it doesn't become a trend

EDIT: Forgot to mention Sheppard monstering his opponent for a 1 handed mark.

Last edited:

Positives:

- Mcinnes debut was pretty good with him finding the ball and getting 8 marks. About on par with Mcgovern debut last year.
- Duggan making an impact in the last 1/4.
- Cripps having a good game even though he was hampered with his hammy. Tackles like a mad man and love his pressure up front.
- Wellinghams game looking at stats might not be that impressive but it was his work around the ground i was impressed with.
- Gaffs played a pretty good game and was everywhere. Do not get the hate for him.
- Butlers best game even though i wanted to drop him last week. If Ellis was in the team i would still be playing Ellis over him.
- Hurn played a pretty good game and was able to be more center of the ball than down back.
- Shep is looking better and better down back.
- Mcgovern making everything look easy.

Negatives:

- Goal scoring was a bit off.
- Masten should not be playing as a mid.
- Too many silly errors.
- To much handball.

Positive
Duggun with his 6 contested possessions equalled M*****'s tally for the entire game. Attacked the footy like Kerr, one touched it like Cousins and hit Kennedy on the tit lace out with a searing pass that reminded me of Akermanis

Negative
Our match committee probably didn't notice and if they did, dont value contested ability over the ability to pick up cheap kicks backwards or sideways of the play at halfback. So ****** will play again next week and be s**t again next week. We will be talking about the loss to GWN and the need to rebuild our midfield all the while great young midfield prospects are playing 1 quarter off the bench or burning up the WAFL all the while spuds like ****** keep playing week in week out.
Noel Brunning can play no doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back