Emerg: K Hunt, T Mohr

Mids: Pendlebury, Boyd, Ablett, Murphy, S Thompson, Fyfe
Emerg: J McDonald, J Magner

Rucks: Kruezer, Redden,
Emerg: Giles, Stephenson

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Martin, Dangerfield, D Smith, Pfeiffer, A Kennedy
Emerg: C Hampton, T Couch

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Interesting team you have here. Although you have piled up in the midfield, i think your team will still struggle to score consistently each week. And also i would go Lake > Hargrave.

Shaw Deledio Broughton Hargrave Clarke Ellis Bug ///Darley Morris

Pendles Boyd Mitchell Ablett Thompson Pfiffer///Magner Clifton

Leuy Giles///Redden Stephenson

Franklin Goodes Fyfe Martin Dangerfield Smith Kennedy/// Hall Dickson

Just wondering what people think, I think this is the side im going into rd 1 take 2 with

Interesting team you have here. Although you have piled up in the midfield, i think your team will still struggle to score consistently each week. And also i would go Lake > Hargrave.

Is Lake struggling so far? I havent been able to watch any pre season games. Surely Lake would be playing most games, and can get back to his best? Any other suggested trades? Do you think I should take a premium out of my midfield for a rookie? And upgrade my backline or forward line?

Cheers

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, R. Hargrave, C. Guthrie, T Bugg, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (S. Darley, K Hunt)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, B. Gibbs, L. Parker, T. Ledger (D. Smith, J. Magner)
RUC: D. Cox, S. Mumford (J. Giles, J. Redden)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, A Kennedy (C Hampton, T Dickson)
CASH LEFT: $66,700

Have put Hunt in for Morris as not happy with 3 Tigers defedners. Hunt wil be quite unique and is moving into the midfield and will have good job security. I realise its a big risk.

Have had B Smith most of the preseason but have chickened out and replaced with Hargrave.

This could be my very final team, I took Clarke out of my backline and replaced him with Smedts knowing that Morris is playing for Richmond which freed up enough money to upgrade Swallow to Selwood

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis, Morris (Bugg, Smedts)

Mids: Pendlebury, Boyd, Ablett, J. Selwood, Coniglio, Shiel (McDonald, Magner)

Rucks: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Hall)

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, Smith (Hall, Couch)

Shaw Deledio Broughton Hargrave Clarke Ellis Bug ///Darley Morris

Pendles Boyd Mitchell Ablett Thompson Pfiffer///Magner Clifton

Leuy Giles///Redden Stephenson

Franklin Goodes Fyfe Martin Dangerfield Smith Kennedy/// Hall Dickson

Just wondering what people think, I think this is the side im going into rd 1 take 2 with

Finally finished my team. Had Maric with Smedts but I wasn't convinced with the 6 backline rookies (online like 5 of them) so ditched them for Redden and Hargrave.

I was liking Maric because I like rucks with job security and expect him to score 75-80 a week (lifting his price to 350-375k) but was thinking Giles could average 70+, the game on the weekend suggests he can. So goodbye Maric.

Because of Maric and Mumfords job security I didn't bother naming Giles as an emergency, so hopefully Redden can pull off a big score this week.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Hargrave, Clarke, Ellis, Bugg (Morris, Mohr)
M: Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Thompson, Cotchin, Magner (Shiel, MacDonald)
R: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)
F: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, D.Smith (Hampson, Dickson)

43,700 left. Am considering upgrading Thompson to Boyd, but would like the extra 40k as a lot of my cash cows are only 100k.

Dickson will change to Cameron pretty soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally finished my team. Had Maric with Smedts but I wasn't convinced with the 6 backline rookies (online like 5 of them) so ditched them for Redden and Hargrave.

I was liking Maric because I like rucks with job security and expect him to score 75-80 a week (lifting his price to 350-375k) but was thinking Giles could average 70+, the game on the weekend suggests he can. So goodbye Maric.

Because of Maric and Mumfords job security I didn't bother naming Giles as an emergency, so hopefully Redden can pull off a big score this week.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Hargrave, Clarke, Ellis, Bugg (Morris, Mohr)
M: Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Thompson, Cotchin, Magner (Shiel, MacDonald)
R: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)
F: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, D.Smith (Hampson, Dickson)

43,700 left. Am considering upgrading Thompson to Boyd, but would like the extra 40k as a lot of my cash cows are only 100k.

Dickson will change to Cameron pretty soon.

Thought I'd better give feedback before putting mine up :)

I would keep the 40k in the bank, I always like a little flexibility come first trades. IMO it's worth taking some risk in the rucks this year as there is a lot of value and the premiums are no sure thing. So no issue there. Personally I'm anti-Goodes, but then again I always have been... just past his best I reckon, but I know he has a lot of love. Porp has burnt me before with durability so I stay away now. Backline and mids pretty solid, the better of the rookies are there and you know what you're gonna get from most of the established players.

B: Deledio, Heppell, Duffield, Waters, Schoenmakers, Hargrave, Ellis (Bugg, Darley)
M: Boyd, Ablett, Mitchell, Palmer, McCarthy, Shiel (McDonald, Magner)
R: Leunberger, McIntosh (Giles, Stephenson)
F: Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Whitecross, Dangerfield, J Riewoldt, Pfeiffer (Kennedy, Dickson)

$121,100 in the bank.

Didn't get most of my GWS players right last week, but I'm not too worried over the first couple of rounds. H-Mac is just there to make some cash at this stage, I've tried to have plenty of midfield types in my forward line and I see improvement yet stability in most of them. Midfield has a few risks but with all the value for money there, I'm happy taking them. Ditto with Waters, I think Duffield will do very well under Lyon, and Schoenmakers is expected to take great leaps this year.

Enough trying to justify my choices... Thoughts?

Is Lake struggling so far? I havent been able to watch any pre season games. Surely Lake would be playing most games, and can get back to his best? Any other suggested trades? Do you think I should take a premium out of my midfield for a rookie? And upgrade my backline or forward line?

Cheers

Lake is a bit of a risk because of his past. He could potentially be a good pick but i think a safer option would be Hargrave, or if you have some more cash possibly Waters.

Possibly trade a premium down to a mid pricer. Eg Caddy/Lucas or maybe a slightly more $ Barlow. If not i would get another rookie in there, pitty you missed out on Shiel and Coniglio.

I'd stay well away from Waters. His durability is almost as bad as Grimes. Sure he'll rarely get a forward tag and sprayed kicks don't matter in DT, but keep a trade up your sleeve for him.

Lake doesn't have to do much to gain in price, and I haven't heard any significant negatives from the Bulldogs board about him. Importantly, he will always be first 21 if fit.

B: Deledio, Heppell, Duffield, Waters, Schoenmakers, Hargrave, Ellis (Bugg, Darley)
F: Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Whitecross, Dangerfield, J Riewoldt, Pfeiffer (Kennedy, Dickson)

$121,100 in the bank.

Didn't get most of my GWS players right last week, but I'm not too worried over the first couple of rounds. H-Mac is just there to make some cash at this stage, I've tried to have plenty of midfield types in my forward line and I see improvement yet stability in most of them. Midfield has a few risks but with all the value for money there, I'm happy taking them. Ditto with Waters, I think Duffield will do very well under Lyon, and Schoenmakers is expected to take great leaps this year.

I would seriously consider trading these players out. Especially J.Riewoldt, he just isnt a good Dt'er

Thought I'd better give feedback before putting mine up :)

I would keep the 40k in the bank, I always like a little flexibility come first trades. IMO it's worth taking some risk in the rucks this year as there is a lot of value and the premiums are no sure thing. So no issue there. Personally I'm anti-Goodes, but then again I always have been... just past his best I reckon, but I know he has a lot of love. Porp has burnt me before with durability so I stay away now. Backline and mids pretty solid, the better of the rookies are there and you know what you're gonna get from most of the established players.

Yeah I was considering someone like Maric/Kreuzer as there are question marks over a number of the rucks but thought if I'm looking for a cash cow Giles will increase more while averaging only a little less.

Goodes was one of my last premiums picked, not happy with his first round but still expect him to average 90+. Last year was the first time I picked him and he went well. So happy to take the risk.

I didn't get Hall to start with so if something bad happens to Porpz I'll just downgrade to him or even Kennedy if Dickson does well next week.

$121,100 in the bank.

One of the more interesting teams I've seen. Only 9 legitamate/proven premiums but if all the speculative ones come off you've got 15-16:eek:

To be honest I don't know much at all about Whitecross so am curious about the reasoning there?

I'm not a fan of key defenders (especially after Astbury last year) so I don't like Schoenmakers, but you obviously have reasons for picking him.

I like the Jack Riewoldt selection. He was injured for much of last year and still averaged 70. I just don't know if he'll be more of a CHF or a FF this year so it's hard to predict what will happen with him. The potential reward is enormous though.

hopefully i wont change from this...

D: Goddard, deledio, brichall, golby, hargrave, clarke, ellis, bugg, morris

M: Swan, pendles, ablett, thompson, coniglio, shiel, D smith, Pfeiffer

R: Sandilands, giles, stephenson, redden

F: Johnson, Franklin, Sidebottom, Fyfe, Martin, Kennedy, Dickson, Couch, Hall

torn in the fwd line, not sure whether to play sidebottom or pavlich...both DPP, pav tried and tested, sidebottom ready to explode.

or trade out SJ and play both sidebottom and pav....ugh

I would seriously consider trading these players out. Especially J.Riewoldt, he just isnt a good Dt'er

I've asked the Hawthorn board for some feedback on Whitecross and Schoenmakers. Both are unique and have promising futures, but they only came into my team tonight when I was throwing options around, they're definitely not locks.

Riewoldt Ive gone with for a few reasons.

Averaged 74, 83 then down to 70 in the last few years. But now averaging 99 per 100 minutes through the pre-season, with a 94 and 146 in the last two weeks.

As Coleman medallist last year, I can't see his scoring getting worse, and with the Tigers midfield coming along nicely, I think he will get even more opportunities. He had some maturity problems last year which he seems to be over, and that concussion really seemed to derail him. Sure he scored high against GWS, but he also did against Geelong, a game in which he only took 3 marks so got points elsewhere. Been tackling a lot too. Anyway a bit of a gamble, but I think he represents at the very least a consistent scorer with a high ceiling and job security.

Hurley and Ballantyne are probably my only other considerations at that price range. Hurley hasn't shown much improvement in scoring over the last few years, and Ballantyne's foot skills might not see him play as much midfield as people expect him to.

hopefully i wont change from this...

D: Goddard, deledio, brichall, golby, hargrave, clarke, ellis, bugg, morris

M: Swan, pendles, ablett, thompson, coniglio, shiel, D smith, Pfeiffer

R: Sandilands, giles, stephenson, redden

F: Johnson, Franklin, Sidebottom, Fyfe, Martin, Kennedy, Dickson, Couch, Hall

torn in the fwd line, not sure whether to play sidebottom or pavlich...both DPP, pav tried and tested, sidebottom ready to explode.

or trade out SJ and play both sidebottom and pav....ugh

If you were to go Johnson to Pavlich depending on how much cash you have left you could consider going Golby to Waters.

Johnson could be an upgrade option later in the season and most likely at a cheaper price.

Notice you don't have Magner which is rare. I would go Magner over Pfeiffer.

Gone with an experiment team as well this season. Team is based on 1 midfield premium.

D: Scotland, Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Heppell, Hargrave, Ellis
(Clarke,Bugg)

M: Boyd, Coniglio, Ledger, A.Kennedy, Shiel, Magner
(C.Smith, Stevens)

R: Cox, Mumford
(Giles, Redden)

F: Chapman, Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Cloke, Martin, D.Smith
(Hall, Dickson)

$50,000 remaining

Gone with an experiment team as well this season. Team is based on 1 midfield premium.

D: Scotland, Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Heppell, Hargrave, Ellis
(Clarke,Bugg)

M: Boyd, Coniglio, Ledger, A.Kennedy, Shiel, Magner
(C.Smith, Stevens)

R: Cox, Mumford
(Giles, Redden)

F: Chapman, Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Cloke, Martin, D.Smith
(Hall, Dickson)

$50,000 remaining
You've still got the same amount of upgrades (7-8) to make as everyone else, you've just put most of them in one position

Topping up one position dosnt mean you have less upgrades, it just means you've spread them out into areas in which you think the risks are worthwile

Not something i'd do, but it will be interesting to see how that pans out for you

Ok holy sizenhousen i need help. Im currently living in London atm, as a result I didnt realise that GWS played last week. because of this my team was partially locked with players from GWS that werent playing! I didnt even have my emergencies set from the GWS game either!!!Someone fix my mess of a team pretty plz!!

Defense: B Goddard H Shaw B Deledio M Clarke R Hargrave B Lake B Waters
(T Bugg S Darley)

Mid: G Ablett S Pendlebury H Scotland D Martin A Carrazzo S Clifton
(A Miles J Magner)

Ruck: D Cox J Giles (J Redden O Stephenson)

Forward: A Goodes L Franklin T Cloke S Sidebottom J Porplyzia D Smith J Cameron
(A Hall T Dickson)

HELP!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back