Preview Preliminary final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, MCG, 20 September 2014 @ 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge, Burgoyne, Sheils and Langford who is a Sewell like player with better pace and there is enough inside power, I wasn't expecting it but I understand the decision.

We are playing Port, not Freo, Sydney or Geelong, if we were playing one of these teams then Sewell may very well have stayed in.

Massive insult to Sewell and to bring in the worst player on the ground in the 2012 gf makes it that much worse.

The worst player on the ground in the 2012 grand final left at the end of 2012.

What a crock of crap. You had your full list and were just playing badly during that slump. If you lost to the form team of the comp by 14pts at their home ground without Boak, Shultz, Wingard, Wines, Grey, Trengrove, Cornes playing then you'd have rocks in your head not to think that you acquitted yourself pretty well and would have every right to think you had them covered for a rematch with your full squad. Using your logic Collingwood's form in their last few games where they struggled to field a team was just as relevant as early in the season when they had a full squad.

Clutching @ straws.
I never said loosing players didn't make a diff , what was implied was , its a bloody pissweak excuse ! , if ya loose shut up ya wer'nt good enough.

I don't usually get too annoyed about decisions, generally back clarko in all the way, the last time I got animated about any wrongdoings in the coaches box was that game where he just wouldn't move dawson off rocca who booted about 10.

Sewelly's omission however sh_its me off big time. Big game player, a contested ball genius. Made for finals. Proven record, in the middle and fires up like no one else. In a game where we could be seen as vulnerable in the middle, I am staggered by this decision.

Suckling can kick a footy but lets be honest, if theres any blight on his game its his intestinal fortitude and that primitive like aggression needed for games like this. He'd want to get that raking left on for saturday evening because this for me is a disgrace of a decision.

I know sentiment doesn't play much of a part in September but Sewell did play at the pointy end last year and got a premiership medallion while Suckling looked on. Suckling's missed games through injury, not form, so it's only fitting he gets a chance to experience this week and hopefully the next.

This is a ballsy move and one I'm not fond of. I've made it quite clear of my opinion on Suckling and whether he could be a finals player but the heat will be on him on Saturday. Taking one contested finals beast for a player who has a history of going quiet in the big games doesn't sit well with me but I'll support regardless.

Hope Sewelly is burning and is ready to fight back for his spot if we win. I don't see this ending well though. Suckling doesn't strike me as a player who would ever pay the price. The very ethos that has seen us become the most successful club of the past 6 decades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not happy with this.
So Burgers and Shiels left training early.
Sewell would be an obvious in for either.
Any work on this?

If Cyril is fit for next week cannot see Sewell getting back in. It would be Cyril for Suckers.

We all need to take a pill and chill...

If we get up on Saturday Sewell will be back in the team if we face the Bloodz in the big dance

And the club has a better idea on selecting a winning team than B.F. It's horses for courses, Brad is just a little slow.

I hope they know what theyre doing. Suckling doesnt seem hard at it enough to me. You know that with Sewell you will get aggression and a ever say die attack on the ball. I am not sure you can say the same about Suckling. Port Adelaide fwds are frenetic and attacking. Suckling looks like he's off on a Sunday stroll half the time. Then there is his shanked kicks. Will back the team in but this one has me a bit baffled.

Port Adelaide AFL Second Preliminary Final team v HawthornSaturday 20 September, 4:45pm (AEST), Melbourne Cricket GroundFB:Jackson Trengove, Alipate Carlile, Tom Jonas
HB:Matthew Broadbent, Jack Hombsch, Jasper Pittard
C:Kane Cornes, Oliver Wines, Hamish Hartlett
HF:Robbie Gray, Justin Westhoff, Angus Monfries
FF:Jake Neade, Jay Schulz, Chad Wingard
Foll:Matthew Lobbe, Travis Boak, Brad Ebert
Interchange:Cameron O'Shea, Matt White, Jared Polec, Andrew Moore
Emergencies:Jarman Impey, Kane Mitchell, Ben Newton

Team unchanged

Always good to go into a final unchanged....probably means they don't have anyone good to come in.

Port Adelaide AFL Second Preliminary Final team v HawthornSaturday 20 September, 4:45pm (AEST), Melbourne Cricket GroundFB:Jackson Trengove, Alipate Carlile, Tom Jonas
HB:Matthew Broadbent, Jack Hombsch, Jasper Pittard
C:Kane Cornes, Oliver Wines, Hamish Hartlett
HF:Robbie Gray, Justin Westhoff, Angus Monfries
FF:Jake Neade, Jay Schulz, Chad Wingard
Foll:Matthew Lobbe, Travis Boak, Brad Ebert
Interchange:Cameron O'Shea, Matt White, Jared Polec, Andrew Moore
Emergencies:Jarman Impey, Kane Mitchell, Ben Newton

Team unchanged

Always good to go into a final unchanged....probably means they don't have anyone good to come in.
Booo!!!!!!

Just warming up.

Not a bad strategy. The coaching staff essentially get to trial both Cyril & Suckling this week, see how they perform and pull up before deciding which of them warrant a game next week.

There's an element of risk that we might not get over Port, but every great strategy involves a certain amount of risk, and they shift most of that risk from the GF to the PF which I think is sensible.

How defensive are Ports forwards?
If Suckling isn't made accountable, he can carve things up, which I think peeps on here are forgetting.
Suckling may have been included to make Port's small forwards more accountable, making them more reluctant to run forward of the ball. Something they tend to score from an awful lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back