Preview Preliminary final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, MCG, 20 September 2014 @ 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoever wins tomorrow will be a very good chance against Shitney. That was the softest effort in a prelim since, well North in 2007. It didn't turn out too well for Port the next week.

I hope the boys were watching that tonight and will take up the challenge that Shitney has laid down.

Can't see either team winning by that margin tomorrow but it was obvious that North had no petrol tickets left and they played at "home" last week. No excuses if we can't knock off Port who will be fatigued after a tough game and two lots of travel.

What I like is that all week they have been talking Port up. They did the same to Freo last year to create some drama.

Next week they will tall up the Buddy factor, the Tippett factor and the Goodes factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies for jumping in on the wrong thread if so... But didn't want to create one on an oppo board. Especially when there's a heap else for said board to pay attention to.

Was Mitchell a great kick when he started?

My very, very vague recollections were that he was only an average kick when he first started in the afl.

Is it my imagination that he progressively stepped it up over a few years from pretty average to having the kind of quality he does now? Or was he always a great kick and I just didn't see it?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Apologies for jumping in on the wrong thread if so... But didn't want to create one on an oppo board. Especially when there's a heap else for said board to pay attention to.

Was Mitchell a great kick when he started?

My very, very vague recollections were that he was only an average kick when he first started in the afl.

Is it my imagination that he progressively stepped it up over a few years from pretty average to having the kind of quality he does now? Or was he always a great kick and I just didn't see it?

Any feedback much appreciated.

2001-2004. Kicking was a weakness.

2005-2009. Quality user by foot.

2010- . High end elite on both feet.

Think that's about right.

2001-2004. Kicking was a weakness.

2005-2009. Quality user by foot.

2010- . High end elite on both feet.

Think that's about right.
Cheers for the response. I thought he developed his kicking from being not so great to being reliable but not brilliant over a few years. Then I lost track of him and when I saw him again a several years ago he somehow turned into a surgeon with the boot.

Didn't know what the time line was or if I just imagined it... but there is someone on our board trying to tell me Mitchell was always a great kick. Didn't match my recollection.

Cheers for the response. I thought he developed his kicking from being not so great to being reliable but not brilliant over a few years. Then I lost track of him and when I saw him again a several years ago he somehow turned into a surgeon with the boot.

Didn't know what the time line was or if I just imagined it... but there is someone on our board trying to tell me Mitchell was always a great kick. Didn't match my recollection.

Mitchell was always a good kick. During the early part of his career he would more often then not favor his right foot, but later on in his career he's used his left foot more and now he is better on the left foot then he is on his right. He is also a great exponent of the handball. Fantastic skills.

Mitchell was always a good kick. During the early part of his career he would more often then not favor his right foot, but later on in his career he's used his left foot more and now he is better on the left foot then he is on his right.
An opposing opinion. I'm stuffed now. Don't know what to believe.

Come on hawks. Let's make tonight's game the blowout!

Yes! Please let me just sit back at 3qtr time and relax and know that we are into the GF. Not on the edge of my seat, feeling sick, and thinking the worst.

Cmon Hawks lets show Port what its all about and especially those total tossers up their in $hitney, what is about to smack them front on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back