Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
81Jz4B.png
Dr.-Cox-Happy-Yay-On-Scrubs.gif

87810_975e2ae2812e674301eae86a083d5363.PNG
Welcome to mine own creation, the creation of an award, designed by me and bestowed upon whomever I believe to be the best rookie of the season.

Season 19 sees the inclusion of Frankston Rover to the awarding of the Cherry Poppers, in an attempt to split evenly performed Virgins by means of assessing their posting performance also. We will weigh hevily on the exie performance side, and when either exie scores are tight, or posting performance is out of this world, posting will be used as a measuring stick.

I have created a complex spreadsheet of formulae designed to pinpoint the best exie performing rookie on a rolling basis each round.

FR and/or I will post the winner of each of the weekly awards, the Cherry Poppers, each Wednesday. One winner of the weekly Cherry Poppers will at the end of the season be awarded the Virgin Cup, the seasons best rookie as decided by us.

I understand we already have the prestigious EKA Medal, and that is ranked partially on the players stats, but mainly on the players posting. This award recognises greatness on field mostly, though we will comment on the posting performance of the player during their Cherry Popping match thread.

Last season's inaugural winner was This Is Anfield, and the Furies have a host of rookies who'll be looking to take out the award for their team again.

We currently have 65 eligible rookies, and I'm sure this number will expand as the season moves forward. This list of 65 includes 14 season 18 rookies who have played less than 10 games, in the interest of allowing them the opportunity to win an award which would have been quite difficult last season due to starting late.

I'm sure you're all eagerly awaiting this season's first Cherry Popper nomination. I know I am.

Last edited:

No mention of the inaugural winner, disappointing. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Frankston? Generally found in lower to middle primary school only.

I've got mates who are 34 and still in "lower to middle primary school"...

Season 19 sees the inclusion of Frankston Rover to the awarding of the Cherry Poppers, in an attempt to split evenly performed Virgins by means of assessing their posting performance also. We will weigh hevily on the exie performance side, and when either exie scores are tight, or posting performance is out of this world, posting will be used as a measuring stick.

Under this ruling, shouldn't This Is Anfield have been immediately disqualified then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back