Media Season 35 Heritage Round Jumper Presentations

Remove this Banner Ad

27WON8c4b031cdc42d77d.png

The West Coast Wonders along with the Mount Buller Demons are one of two remaining foundation clubs, in existence all the way from the league's inception. The Wonders were the seventh team to enter the league when established by former league administrator and hall of famer eagleskickass - hence their original name was Seventh Wonders. This club would go on to be one of the league's most successful clubs with arguably the richest history with 5 premierships including the inaugural premiership when they defeated Team Kournikova in the Sweet FA's first grand final.

The Wonders enjoyed a golden era, winning premiership after premiership between Season 13 and 17 with 3 premierships in 5 seasons. During this time, they built a formidable core with notable personalities such as ClarkeM, DemonJim, PVF, ShaunDuggan and croweater 41.

The Wonders are notable for being mavericks of the SFA, going about things their own way and not caring how the rest of the competition perceives them. With controversial moves like abstaining from the Administrator vote in Season 30 and they almost abstained from this concept!. In any case, with their last premiership being in Season 21, the Wonders will be looking to break the drought and add another chapter to their storied history in Season 35.

I'm a Wonders legend?

I'll take it.

28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png

The Coney Island Warriors initially originated as an OFG Warriors bid by Karnezis_13 before Season 16 which was ultimately unsuccessful, the licenses instead being awarded to the Gold City Royals and Alberton (Sin City) Swamprats. Prior to Season 18, then admin okeydoke7 and the committee had approved of two new teams to expand to a 12-team competition. Karnezis_13 would re-establish a second attempt to get the OFG Warriors approved, but with some initial struggles and key personnel departing founder Frankston Rover along with Sydney Bloods and OrdinaryJoel rebranded the bid to Coney Island Warriors and aimed to recruit a core of posters from Bay 13 who can have maximum match thread input. The Warriors were accepted with an admin vote in their favour and have since been a consistently unlucky club, yet to taste premiership success after 17 seasons and counting in the SFA. The most infamous instance was in the Season 19 Grand Final where they were dispatched by a 6-goal performance from Deestroy Medalist boncer34 who also happened to sim the game.

Despite the lack of team success, the Warriors have produced some of the most notable characters in the league including Season 20 EKA Medalist Wosh and dual Beez Trophy winning, Mobbenfuhrer Medalist TheInjuryFactory.

just kick it to me and let me weave my magic

football-old-man.gif

All winning team posters in Heritage Round to get free upgrade to a 12 month Platinum Premium BF account.

Fantastic initiative Kennedy Parker and sure to grow a bit more interest in SFA bantering. :)

View attachment 1684685
And in 10 seasons time, the Old Boys will also be able to participate. So much to look forward to. ☺️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am looking forward to seeing the East Coast Phoenix heritage jumper.
This may be an issue since the Phoenix whitewashed their heritage somewhat recently.

Could this be the return of the Hawks, Headless??

East Side Phoenix
1627097117321-png.1185376

The East Side Phoenix started out in Season 6 when F/D and wally ( @wce_all_the_way ) launched an East Side Hawks recruitment thread on Christmas Day 2005 - East-Side Hawks Recruitment Thread
The thread was met with a positive reception and the club came into being partaking the league in Season 6. In its inaugural the Hawks would reasonably with 11 wins and 11 losses to finish 6th before being defeated in finals by the Bears. The club would win its first premiership in Season 12 and achieve 5 minor premierships.

The East Side has been a destination for many big names in the league including Itsmyshow, okeydoke7, boncer34 and when the club fell upon hard times after Season 20. The Filth Wizard headquartered his new nWo and Administration in the East Side, cumulating in a heated rivalry with the Baghdad Bombers and a grand final showdown in Season 24 that saw them go down by 54-points in on of the most explosive grand final weeks in memory.

In another move that caused immense controversy, the East Side Hawks rebranded to the East Side Phoenix in the post-season of Season 31 after leadership wanted to move the identity away from association with the Hawthorn Hawks. In Season 33, the Phoenix competed in the Grand Final against Roys FFC, ultimately losing and officially claiming the mantle of outright longest premiership drought in terms of seasons. Surpassing the 21-season premiership drought record held equally by Sin City Swamprats and Roys FFC.

HZ1tNOh.png
(Graphic thanks to TheInjuryFactory)

East Side (Hawks) Phoenix Legends XX
B: Dagless / Miguel Sanchez / peternorth
HB: Brown Bottle / Quinz / 11kgm
C: boncer34 / Loonerty / Chipmunk
HF: reggie / YOTC / Mr Eagle
F: Biggie / vanders / go you pups
FOLL: larrikin / Hawks1523 / wce_all_da_way
INT: jackenny / Red mist

Baghdad Bombers
baghdadbomberscrest-png.1685096

The Baghdad Bombers were originally founded back in Season 4 as the Bigfooty Bombers by dougthelegend, waspy, and StealthBomber as a club for Essendon supporters on Bigfooty. In their inaugural season with dougthelegend named as the club's first captain, and Windy Hill as their inaugural home ground. It was a slow start for the Bombers with their first four games being losses, but they would soon find their groove and come home with a wet sail, winning 16 of their last 20 games to finish on top of the ladder. Ultimately, the club would fall short losing to the Roys in the grand final of Season 4 but it proved to be the beginning of what an illustrious history. 20 seasons later the Bombers would win 5 premierships including back-to-back in Season 23 and 24 to be the joint most successful clubs in the Sweet FA with the West Coast Wonders and Fighting Furies.

Throughout the seasons, the Bombers would be led out by some of the most relevant and controversial figures in SFA history including HaroLad, KohPhi, WaynesWorld19 and VeinGlorious along with a litany of banned posters. They thrive on an identity of being antagonists and the most hated club in the league. Following their back-to-back success in S23-S24. The Bombers had a dip in form being anchored to the bottom of the ladder from S28-S29 before resurging in S31 to play in the grand final, ultimately losing to the Mount Buller Demons.

They would rectify this 3 seasons later, largely thanks to a miserly defence, convincingly beating the Roys FFC by 45 points in the grand final of S34 to become the first club to win 6 premierships and the outright most successful club in Sweet.

Throughout the seasons, the Bombers would be led out by some of the most relevant and controversial figures in SFA history including @HaroLad, @KohPhi, @WaynesWorld19 and @VeinGlorious along with a litany of banned posters. They thrive on an identity of being antagonists and the most hated club in the league. Following their back-to-back success in S23-S24. The Bombers had a dip in form being anchored to the bottom of the ladder from S28-S29 before resurging in S31 to play in the grand final, ultimately losing to the Mount Buller Demons.
I object to this slur !! .....I was, and should be forever known, as a beloved folklore character of the SFA

Everytime I get tagged, I rush to respond ....believing, finally a Hall Of Fame award is coming my way .....I'm going to get one posthumously aren't I ......woopy doo !

I object to this slur !! .....I was, and should be forever known, as a beloved folklore character of the SFA

Everytime I get tagged, I rush to respond ....believing, finally a Hall Of Fame award is coming my way .....I'm going to get one posthumously aren't I ......woopy doo !
Surely being named a Legend of the Baghdad Bombers is as good as if not better than a Hall of Fame induction Wayneo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back