Unofficial Preview Qualifying Final: Sydney vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year, the Ch 9 camera operators have to point their cameras lower and lower so as not to broadcast the embarrassing NFL crowds into the nation's living rooms.

I actually don't mind vegging out in front of the telly for a League game, but is there a more bizarre state of affairs in the sporting world? Dismal crowds at the ground and massive TV audience.

Anyway, back to topic.

Cricket that isn't T20.

Every year, the Ch 9 camera operators have to point their cameras lower and lower so as not to broadcast the embarrassing NFL crowds into the nation's living rooms.

I actually don't mind vegging out in front of the telly for a League game, but is there a more bizarre state of affairs in the sporting world? Dismal crowds at the ground and massive TV audience.

Anyway, back to topic.

I have probably watched 10 minutes of league all season. Used to live with someone that loved league but I just can't stand the game, puts me to sleep, 5 tackles, kick...80 minutes. Boring. I do laugh at their 'great' crowds of 20,000 though....that would be an absolutely pathetic crowd in AFL!

This will be a slog in the bog at a ground that doesn't help us.

My biggest concern, in a close game, is umpiring. If the same attitude from last week prevails again, it will be very hard.

With Buddy, McGlynn, Kennedy, pike back, we still should be too strong.

We need to get rid of that ANZ deal.

Listening to Longmire press be prepared to face Freo without Kennedy, McGlynn they need to get through training ://

Franklin/Pyke is a certainty.
If that's the case, JPK must have had the worst case of hamstring tightness in history.....

Sounds like

In: Bird, Franklin, Kennedy, McGlynn, Pyke
Out: Biggs, Jones, Mitchell, Naismith, Towers

Only change to that may be Bird - Mitchell?

Anything under 40k would be a PR disaster.

Why? I could care less. And I'm the important one ;)

Seriously though, unless Freo sends a large contingent 45k will be hard for a QF. $80 to sit in the rain doesn't appeal to a lot of casual supporters - and bumper crowds involve blow ins.

The AFL advertising is always weak in NSW. They just expect crowds to come because a game is on and they expect everyone in Sydney to know this.

Dry weather. Buddy confirmed. Some decent press. 7k Freo fans. 50k a chance. But a lot has to go right.

$80 to sit in the rain doesn't appeal to a lot of casual supporters

What is it with using the word casual supporters. I cant remember when I have missed a game (I was in europe for a few years so I had to watch them broadcasted), but most likely 03 (apart from the odd game)..... but $80 doesnt appeal to me to sit at ANZ stadium.

What is it with using the word casual supporters. I cant remember when I have missed a game (I was in europe for a few years so I had to watch them broadcasted), but most likely 03 (apart from the odd game)..... but $80 doesnt appeal to me to sit at ANZ stadium.

I can probably point the finger at a few of our bretheren who are "hardcore" but refuse to go to ANZ, too. ;)

FWIW a casual supporter is the kind of supporter that gets Collingwood's membership up to 80k. Buys 3 game packages. Has a life outside footy. Only goes if friends are going too. That sort of thing. Every club has them.

I've barely missed a home game since 96. But I'm not going to belittle the impact of encouraging these half pregnant fans to become fully fledged supporters over time. Nor am I too precious or afraid to rustle up complete neutrals and trying to convert them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though the main session is Thursday you would get a fair idea if Bird , JPK , McGlynn are in line to play watching training today. They wont be pushed today you wouldn't think but they would have to be running/sprinting or some sort of ball work to be inline for Saturday surely.

Im certain Longmire already knows if they are going to play.

It will be a brutal slog in the wet between 2 hard tackling contested sides then having to play the winner of Richmond or Port.

Two teams that are not as good as Freo or Sydney who will play a brutal match against each other themselves this weekend. And the winner of that game will then have to travel to WA or NSW.

Top 4 sides barely ever go out in straight sets. It so rarely happens.

Two teams that are not as good as Freo or Sydney who will play a brutal match against each other themselves this weekend. And the winner of that game will then have to travel to WA or NSW.

Top 4 sides barely ever go out in straight sets. It so rarely happens.

This is a very close year reckon they might be a few surprises in the finals.

Been gorgeous over on this side of the bridge, has it really been raining?

I would think our forwards would be too mobile for him. But with no McPharlin and Johnson, Pav might be their best option. Then they go small up against Reg and Ted.

It'll be mayne who goes down if it's to happen.Mayne was switched on to Darling in the last derby,held him goal less.Darling booted two for the game.

Just get the feeling one of Benny or Josh will miss. Not basing this on anything in particular.

If I had to chose I'd almost rather Ben gets up, it's going to be hard to score and hard conditions for the talls as well, could really use him in the front half. Not to mention he would probably be the hungriest person on the field.

Obviously either of them would be extremely handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back