Unofficial Preview Qualifying Final: Sydney vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for the life of me cannot understand why freo think that the rain is such an advantage to them. We've played a lot of wet weather football this year and bar one terrible performance against gws in round 1 have handled it fine. Count last week if you like but we all know how seriously sydney took that game.

Does anybody understand Ticketek's policy on selling tickets to the top level?

Why can't i buy tickets under the roof?

Im certain Longmire already knows if they are going to play.

Why have the goal posts suddenly shifted on the return of these players ???? Saturday night club and AFL Website states Swans to regain stars for first Final. Longmire himself says 4 of 5 players will definitely return with a query over the 5th player obviously being Bird. Now all of a sudden they could be in doubt ??? Seriously If that is the case Just GTFO with your bullshit media releases !!! We might and it is a big might still get past Freo without Kennedy and McGlynn, No !!! What the **** am I talking about !!!! Mundy,Barlow and Fyffe will slaughter us without them that is for sure and certain.

I for the life of me cannot understand why freo think that the rain is such an advantage to them. We've played a lot of wet weather football this year and bar one terrible performance against gws in round 1 have handled it fine. Count last week if you like but we all know how seriously sydney took that game.
I don't think it's the rain so much but ANZ when wet. The SCG turns into a swamp, which is no problem. ANZ turns into an ice rink, which lowers our more skilled team to the opposition level. I think the GWS game is a case in point.

With some of their key talls out, Freo might be forced to go into the game small. I'm concerned that Ted and Reg will find themselves one on one with Walters and Ballantyne on another ice rink. Like Ted and Dustin Martin last week.

I don't think it's the rain so much but ANZ when wet. The SCG turns into a swamp, which is no problem. ANZ turns into an ice rink, which lowers our more skilled team to the opposition level. I think the GWS game is a case in point.

With some of their key talls out, Freo might be forced to go into the game small. I'm concerned that Ted and Reg will find themselves one on one with Walters and Ballantyne on another ice rink. Like Ted and Dustin Martin last week.
They still have to put the resting ruckman, taberener and pav forward so reg and ted will have suitable match ups. I question whether reid is required this week with no Johnson playing.

Probably depends on the category you're choosing. If 32k tickets were sold on Mon, fair chance a lot of the Cat 1's are gone. Cat 4 are in the nosebleeds under cover...but they could be close to gone too.

We could have 40k fans and no one on the fence :p

How do you know which areas are under the roof?

Just get the feeling one of Benny or Josh will miss. Not basing this on anything in particular.

If I had to chose I'd almost rather Ben gets up, it's going to be hard to score and hard conditions for the talls as well, could really use him in the front half. Not to mention he would probably be the hungriest person on the field.

Obviously either of them would be extremely handy.

I have to strongly disagree with you on this one.

As much as I love Benny and that rabid attack he brings, if its wet and you had to choose between McGlynn and JPK then JPK would get the nod every time. If we get enough rain it'll be a bog out there and the game will be played in the trenches. You want a contested possession beast like JPK there in the thick of it getting first hands to the ball and hacking it forward. It'll just be all about field position and hopefully taking your chances once you get it into your forward 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That game was played at Spotless Stadium, not ANZ.

Well I was in the Chairman's Club again for the Richmond game, and those seats are under the roof. It was a nice way to do it :p
There should be an insta-ban if you mention "chairman's club" again.

Why do the weeks after losses feel so long?

Everything's relative as Einstein predicted.

I think if you're standing on a platform and you see a train passing by full of Richmond supporters on their way to Adelaide to get thrashed in their first and last final, for you the realisation that the Tigers are utterly doomed to fail will dawn slightly quicker than it does for anyone sitting on the train. The faster the train goes, the longer it take them to figure out how shite they are relative to you back on the platform. ;)

ps: if this post has further slowed down your week, I apologise. :oops:

did you miss round 3 4 and 23?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back