Game Day Rd 18, 2013: Port v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the inside 50s ? Port really smashed us in most areas if they kicked straight we would have lost by 6 goals. Rich still can't beat a tag, we really need a premium midfielder , a Gablett would do

No it hasn't actually .
We did a really good job.
Really? The stats say otherwise, 9 more shots on goal to go with it. We didn't play disgracefully but Port certainly kept us in the game

Won't argue with the umps they were terrible

How Merrett didn't get a 50 I will never know.

Real pet peeve of mine. He wanted to dispose to the right side but had a man half a metre off him. He had every right to say "oi, this pricks inside the protected area", but so often those are called play on. The player is meant to be rewarded for taking a mark. Allowing an opposing player to remove that advantage means marking may as well not be worth s**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I think we did well to run out the game so well, and not letting Port run away with it. Port have been been strong in fourth quarters this year, played at Etihad Stadium last week and home this week. We've been up to Darwin which is notorious for it's draining conditions, and then had to follow it up by playing away again (thanks AFL). Both had 8 day breaks too.

Far too many passengers. Think it's time to reward reserves form and Merrett out of the forwardline pls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real pet peeve of mine. He wanted to dispose to the right side but had a man half a metre off him. He had every right to say "oi, this pricks inside the protected area", but so often those are called play on. The player is meant to be rewarded for taking a mark. Allowing an opposing player to remove that advantage means marking may as well not be worth s**t.

Plus, even if there was no 50 it wouldn't have been a goal to Port, we would have been out and keeping momentum.

Top effort. Thought Port probably deserved the win in the end. There was a world of difference between that loss and the ones earlier in the season. However I think it's probably time for Bewick to have another spell on the sides, didn't like his game at all. On the umpiring, we clearly need to do something. Teams are throwing their heads down every week and we seem to fall into the trap, catching them high. We've won the free kick count 5/18 times this year. Probably a case for Voss to pick up the phone and have another chat I'd think.
I love Merrett, but geez his brain fades can cost us. Playing on then trying to do your own umpiring on the last line of defence? Come on, Rog!

They did that and we ended up with crisp

Crisp was also picked to cover the run we lost with Hanley missing. Hanley missing was telling. Yeo was the only one that looked like breaking the lines with genuine pace today.

All the commentators for the other game agree it shouldn't have been play on for Merrett.

Is Patfull in trouble for that last little bloody incident...held him down by arm on the throat...but where did the blood come from, didn't see any head clash or anything?

Crisp was also picked to cover the run we lost with Hanley missing. Hanley missing was telling. Yeo was the only one that looked like breaking the lines with genuine pace today.

Yeo had a good game .
If Hanley played however we would have won.
Trip to Darwin.ffs.Why.!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back