Autopsy Rd 22 Carlton fail to get off the plane

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a distraction from tonight's debacle. I didn't move or speak for 3 hours. The Power supporters I've sat next to all year were very understanding...they told me to turn off the lights on the way out.

Nothing beats the Greek Islands in the European summer. ;)

Rowe was great, Gibbs was good

I wouldn't even give Gibbs a pass TBH his first two attacks on the pill were pathetic, set the scene IMO.

If Rowe doesn't play we lose by 150 points and he certainly showed me plenty more going the other way last night. Very impressive, but that's where it ends.

I would've preferred if we had have made sure someone like Holman wasn't playing on Robbie Gray deep in defence in the first term.

BTW we did play nearly a half with one rotation last week, I'm hoping that's the reason we were so flat. Need to give the scum a run for their money next week.

was a great game for our young guys to see what a down head skiing team looks like when in form,
menzel needs to add to his tank as we all know,also needs to be able to play of half back at times,
Holman showed he fits in at afl level,
simo 10 touches port did there homework
Docherty still needs to learn to keep his head with ball in hand
blaine tank is gone, hard for a rookie half forward but tackles hard a keeper
graham stood up well I thought he played a lot at half forward lucky he didn't get frost bitten
wood.is good! was the link man out of the d50 which in itself shows our wingers were not switched on
sugar well did what I thought he would, muh depth player but may of earnt another year
Sheehan come a long way,still raw but looks like he will be nice depth next year

our depth got a good go last night while it went pear sharped will bow well next year when we sneak into the 8 :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A train wreck from start to finish but some of the over reactions on here are ridiculous. Had a night where everything we touched turned to s**t and that does happen in football, hell I seem to remember Geelong getting a 100 point touch up this year. Last week took a lot out of us and the team we fielded last night were always going to battle. Our season ended months ago and last night we got some game time into more kids. Hope Murphy is okay but he will battle to play next week. It is all about 2015 now so let's get next week out of the way and move on.

We are saving ourselves for Essendon next week! :D
It'd be just our luck. :mad:

It's such a shame Doss is a bomber.

Makes sense, drops some good gags, always a welcome visitor.

Surely the baggers are a better fit.
Hey, we do funny too!

Watcha talkin about Willis!
Kids, this is what a little too much Scotch in the belly causes. ;)

On a serious note, the thing that really struck me was how much difficulty Carlton had in breaking through Port's wall across the centre coming out of defence. Hombsch and Carlile seemed to be having a field day with their intercept marking.

I believe that's one thing you can at least partly attribute to lack of experience, and partly to a lack of pace. Yarran managed to break through it a couple of times but you needed much more of that.

Don't lose sight of the fact that Port are setting up for a serious finals tilt, just off a big training block and with players vying for spots in the team.
We on the other hand were at the opposite end of the spectrum, playing kids, many senior players out and coming of some tough games in the last couple of weeks.
All is not lost.

I can forgive the loss considering the lack of experience and AFL level fitness amongst some of the younger guys.

What I cannot forgive though is the total lack of fight and leadership from our experienced players (Rowe the exception). They don't have to do a younger Juddy and kick 4 goals in a quarter, they just need to do something tough or something inspiring. Lay a big tackle, put on a tough block or something, anything.

Instead they just close up shop and start focusing on protecting their own spots.

So tired of seeing guys with 7/8 years in the system getting pushed off like 3 year olds by guys smaller, younger and lighter than them. Polec made our stronger bodied guys look like pre-teens in physicality, Carazzo tackles with Spaghetti arms. If somebody sticks the palm out grab their damn arms and sling the sh*t out of them and they'll stop doing that pretty soon.

Though they'll probably just hand it off to a runner while the umps turn a blind eye.

Anyway... pre-season needs to be spent in the damn gym lifting heavy and doing lane work kicking drills.

You ******* tell me people.................who gets beat by 17 goals.

0.jpg

A train wreck from start to finish but some of the over reactions on here are ridiculous. Had a night where everything we touched turned to s**t and that does happen in football, hell I seem to remember Geelong getting a 100 point touch up this year. Last week took a lot out of us and the team we fielded last night were always going to battle. Our season ended months ago and last night we got some game time into more kids. Hope Murphy is okay but he will battle to play next week. It is all about 2015 now so let's get next week out of the way and move on.
I worry we find too many excuses for an issue that seems deep seated (this year's pattern largely repeats that of the past 5 seasons). When we look back at season 2014 we will be scratching our heads when we consider we lost to the bottom team 2 times, got smashed by Essendon and Port, had a swag of "honourable losses" and were cruelled by injury and two atrocious umpiring decisions when taking on Geelong.

I can forgive the loss considering the lack of experience and AFL level fitness amongst some of the younger guys.

What I cannot forgive though is the total lack of fight and leadership from our experienced players (Rowe the exception). They don't have to do a younger Juddy and kick 4 goals in a quarter, they just need to do something tough or something inspiring. Lay a big tackle, put on a tough block or something, anything.

Instead they just close up shop and start focusing on protecting their own spots.

So tired of seeing guys with 7/8 years in the system getting pushed off like 3 year olds by guys smaller, younger and lighter than them. Polec made our stronger bodied guys look like pre-teens in physicality, Carazzo tackles with Spaghetti arms. If somebody sticks the palm out grab their damn arms and sling the sh*t out of them and they'll stop doing that pretty soon.

Though they'll probably just hand it off to a runner while the umps turn a blind eye.

Anyway... pre-season needs to be spent in the damn gym lifting heavy and doing lane work kicking drills.
I agree. IMO Carrots has been hot and cold since returning and the lack of spirit and character we've exhibited at times has been indescribable. Looking forward to very smart recruiting during draft and trade periods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back