Autopsy Rd 22. GC SUNS v Port Adelaide Power @ Metricon - Saturday 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Schade and Lonergan both probably played their best games for the Suns tonight. Matera and KK best on ground. Hall was good in the first half, but was completely gone by the end of the game. Not having any preseason has caught up with him. Can't wait until next season!

Malceski had his best game for the club.
Hopefully after Cordy gets in and fixes s**t up his back to AAform.
Lemmens played his best game in a long, long time.
Smith held his own against the double team, might hold some currency.
Shaw. Was MIA he needs to fix that or he won't last long next year.
Garlett is 1 of our best kicks, but he favours handballing at AFL level, he needs to back his kick in.
Is KK in AA form? Jeez, his a mix of Heath shaw/ Harry Taylor. Prob in our top 4 players for the future
Looks like all our goal kicking practise.. Was time wasted.
Good effort by the boys.. Could of almost pinched it if converted etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schade and Lemmens played their best games of the year. We had some good chances tonight but were unable to execute.

I agree Schade looked really good tonight - beat his opponent and showed good composure with ball in hand

Probably was Lemmens best game of the year, which is a bit of indictment because he was still ordinary, lacks composure and just hack kicks out of the back line and puts the team under pressure. He is the measuring stick for next year - if he's in the team we are in trouble.

Shaw and Russell are lucky to have contracts for next year as they could be looking for a career change otherwise. Shaw's lack of skills are showed up when the rain comes - see WCE game

Thought Smith wasn't great - they had twice as many hitouts as us and he is always fumbling

Still not a Matera fan but is working harder to use his footy IQ and get on the end of it.

Lonegan split the points with Boak (almost identical stats and efficiency) so is developing nicely

Just home
Bleary night of blah but again, a pretty decent effort from our 2016 NEAFL team
On a sour note, perhaps the worst umpiring display I have ever seen at Metricon - and that's saying something
Poor little number 11 umpire looked like he was going to cry all night and just had no idea
Started off with the "in the back for Port" that was actually the Port player taking out our legs and really just got worse
The May punch over the line in the marking contest as deliberate?I mean really?
Then Port did it a minute later on the members wing and Umpitre 11 paid a free against Dixon
Riska gave him a serve that will probably result in a fine when he ran directly into the path of a pass to himon the outer wing
Their incompetence and lack of control directly led to the melee at half time I reckon

* me there were some dumb free kicks tonight, by number 11 in particular. absolute joke.

matera was pretty good, glad he's turned his form around. just need to learn not to use him as a marking target! kk was brilliant again, and touk's pressure was great all night.

pretty dreary and miserable night to end our last game at home for the year. oh well.

**** me there were some dumb free kicks tonight, by number 11 in particular. absolute joke.

Seems the AFL Umpires as usual thought they'd sneak a few rookies onto the roster late in the seasonand "hide" them at Metricon in a game that they consider meant nothing
They couldn't have picked a worse match to do it in with all the stoppages.
It's sad when you pine for Matthew Nicholls

did they use 4 umps for this game, like they did in the qclash? wasn't paying much attention to how many of them were out there haha.

because if it was just the main 3, i dread to see the extra umpires they'd have brought in if the main guys can't get it right most of the time.

did they use 4 umps for this game, like they did in the qclash? wasn't paying much attention to how many of them were out there haha.

because if it was just the main 3, i dread to see the extra umpires they'd have brought in if the main guys can't get it right most of the time.
Yep there were four. And it made no ******* difference.

Seems the AFL Umpires as usual thought they'd sneak a few rookies onto the roster late in the seasonand "hide" them at Metricon in a game that they consider meant nothing
They couldn't have picked a worse match to do it in with all the stoppages.
It's sad when you pine for Matthew Nicholls

Matthew Nicholls is the worst - I still remember the free kick he paid against Brennan in a Q clash in our defensive goal square when the opposing ruckman took it out of the ruck, was tackled by Brennan, dropped it and then paid it against Brennan for hanging on too long in the tackle to gift them the goal and the match...Nicholls is scum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back