Preview Rd 5 Pies vs Dons (Cox, Smith, Frost, Maynard in squad, White out, team in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know you post but you don't give that ball by ball commentary that some do. I maybe used a bad example.

I guess I just don't think about the monetary side of supporting the team that much and maybe I should. When you factor in the food, beers, travel etc I guess I do spend a couple of thousand on top of my AFL membership (which I think is nearly $600). I see it as the cost of entertainment, just like the money I inevitably lose on my horse punting (my other great love).

I can see why people would get upset and stressed about it though but I'm just not sure that it's responsible for a large portion of the melts on this board. I could very well be wrong though.
However much people invest in sport, dollar wise, I guess it's like any other form of spending.
Depends what one likes.
Sometimes people forget
Sport is a cruel mistress, there is more heart break than joy. Ruthless business.
But that's sport.
Whatever you think of Greg Norman, imagine the melts in his head esp the Masters.
The sorrow of sport usually out weighs the joy of sport.

I agree on Blair but Langdon seriously, had him among our bests. Are we just having a crucifixion because of that 1 mistake?

The mistake doesn't bother me. His fundamental lack of improvement and football nous does.

Whole board will!
I won't. Will just go surfing.
I love my footy but seriously, the level to which some on here are emotionally invested in Collingwood is a bit disturbing. Not directed at you btw
I think it's more than just Collingwood investment for some people. Some of the outbursts on here are way beyond any behavior that would normally be socially acceptable and some are downright disturbing.

The first and only person person I have ever put on ignore was the result of them having one of many meltdowns. Rubbish posts, I can tolerate. Full blown rage and threats of violence is the line.

I think it's more than just Collingwood investment for some people. Some of the outbursts on here are way beyond any behavior that would normally be socially acceptable and some are downright disturbing.
Some of the stuff that is being said appears to be borderline psychotic but even more disturbing is the "mobbing"

The mistake doesn't bother me. His fundamental lack of improvement and football nous does.

Agree to disagree. Langdon plays as you'd expect a guy with less than 50 games under his belt. Particularly a guy who was overlooked in his draft year and was taken with such a late pick.

People forget how Rhyce and Heath Shaw played at the same stage of their respective careers, Benny Johnson another. Langdon tracking very nicely now that he's got his form heading in the right direction.

Cloke started the year badly in Sydney but gets a pass in the other games. He has credits in the bank, doesnt get dropped based on a few games. Thats not special treatment it's acknowledges he is our best KPF.

Re his contested marking, it has dropped a bit but thats as likely to be as much to do with supply to him drying up in quantity and particularly quantity these last 2 seasons. Nonetheless he was still 4th in the competition last year for contested marks per game go so he still lives at the pointy end of this stat and we dont have anyone else who could match him on our list. We cant replace him with someone who will give as good output as he does.
I'm not talking about replacing Cloke - I'm proposing dropping him for 2-3 weeks to give him a wake-up call and remind him that his career could be over in a flash and that he needs to attack every game as if it could be his last. I believe that when Cloke is performing at or near his best, he is among the top 4-5 key forwards in the competition and miles better than anyone else vying for that role on our list. But its equally true that his body language has become increasingly negative and he seems to have lost some hunger and passion for the contest. We badly need him to rediscover those things, to re-assert himself as the dominant competitive beast that we know he can be. Dropping him for a few weeks might be the circuit-breaker that he needs to get back on track.

I hope we don't blow the brilliant draw we had. 5 weeks ago who wouldn't want to play Richmond, Saints, Melbourne, Essendon, Carlton & Brisbane in the first 8 rounds.

I'm not talking about replacing Cloke - I'm proposing dropping him for 2-3 weeks to give him a wake-up call and remind him that his career could be over in a flash and that he needs to attack every game as if it could be his last. I believe that when Cloke is performing at or near his best, he is among the top 4-5 key forwards in the competition and miles better than anyone else vying for that role on our list. But its equally true that his body language has become increasingly negative and he seems to have lost some hunger and passion for the contest. We badly need him to rediscover those things, to re-assert himself as the dominant competitive beast that we know he can be. Dropping him for a few weeks might be the circuit-breaker that he needs to get back on track.

Well it's your belief, personally I don't see it. Each person who watches the game will bring a different perspective.

Agree to disagree. Langdon plays as you'd expect a guy with less than 50 games under his belt. Particularly a guy who was overlooked in his draft year and was taken with such a late pick.

People forget how Rhyce and Heath Shaw played at the same stage of their respective careers, Benny Johnson another. Langdon tracking very nicely now that he's got his form heading in the right direction.

Perhaps so, but I feel that his decision making is still quite poor and doesn't have any real weapons. He lacks awareness which gets him into trouble as well.

Mind you, I'm not stringing him up and calling for him to be banished. I just find it interesting that we're willing to accept some obvious flaws as teething issues in one player yet happy to drill someone like Maynard who has 34 fewer games under his belt.

Sinclair, Reid and Varcoe doing very little at training, can't read a lot into that 4 days out from a game though.

Josh Smith got clapped, hugged and congratulated though, he's in it seems, should be promoted officially at 5pm today.

either that or he got engaged or something.:drunk:

Smith instead of Wills, I'm fine with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see what you are saying but i have not seen things as Cloke not trying or giving effort. He may be going to get soem weeks off with the elbow anyway. If so we would then see what it is like without him. After that I suggest we will all be pretty keen to see him back.

Sinclair, Reid and Varcoe doing very little at training, can't read a lot into that 4 days out from a game though.

Josh Smith got clapped, hugged and congratulated though, he's in it seems, should be promoted officially at 5pm today.

either that or he got engaged or something.:drunk:

Smith instead of Wills, I'm fine with that.
Stats (all I've got to go off) would suggest Smith instead of Wills a strange choice. Only advantage I'd see is being a better choice for the position (primarily not in midfield) most likely to be available.

Edit - does that mean Cloke trained?

Nothing happening or has happened.....so rule that out as per the response.

What he said would not get anyone at the Club in trouble......all I will say is the response was a bit of a "head scratcher" for me anyway.

Sorry for the vague response but their is "no pot of gold at the end of the :rainbow:" if that is what you are looking for.

Big footy may be a good place to try and figure out the head scratcher – at least you will get different perspectives.

Stats (all I've got to go off) would suggest Smith instead of Wills a strange choice. Only advantage I'd see is being a better choice for the position (primarily not in midfield) most likely to be available.

Cloke trained;

Big footy may be a good place to try and figure out the head scratcher – at least you will get different perspectives.

Yeah thanks but no thanks.

I am not after different perspectives......just want to see the team perform a lot better than they have to date.

I think a big one is that Smith is an outside player and outside is clearly what we lack, i think Smith is a good kick as well.

Travis Cloke holds off Cox? Jesus Christ. Darcy Moore should be the one thanking his stars he's not getting dropped for Cox. Cloke has been better performed than Moore this season. Not that it's an acceptable standard for either player but I don't see why cloke is the one with the heat when there's a key forward playing worse in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back