Draft Review 2007 - Redo the 2007 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would i need to add your opinion.
No it is your opinion.

IMO he had Cotching way to high.

See I said IMO where as you said Cyril was too high as a matter of fact, you forgot to add it was only your opinion.

If this all goes over the top of head again I am afraid I can't help you.

No it is your opinion.

IMO he had Cotching way to high.

See I said IMO where as you said Cyril was too high as a matter of fact, you forgot to add it was only your opinion.

If this all goes over the top of head again I am afraid I can't help you.
So directing the question to me you should have just said "you forgot you add IYO"

1: Patrick Dangerfield
2: Trent Cotchin
3: Harry Taylor
4: Cyril Rioli
5: Taylor Walker
6: Jack Stevens
7: Brad Ebert
8: Scott Thompson
9: Callan Ward
10: Scott Selwood

I'm biased but Taylor no.1 for me as it's tough to find a quality key defender let alone one who happens to stand out and has done so for a long period of time now. His versatility is just another bonus to his game and now at 27, this is the period of time most defenders put it all together for a good 3 or more seasons.

Take away Cotchin and put in Taylor....Richmond automatically become a better side as midfielders are a dime a dozen, as good as what Cotchin currently is.

I think you could argue the case for either Taylor, Danger or Cotch at number 1. It's so hard splitting them.

Taylor is the best key defender is the game IMO and they are hard to get so he could easily be number 1.

In saying that Danger and Cotch are absolute jets!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Absolute tripe.

Really?
Tell me, what the hell has Cotchin done since 2007....he's played in his first final last year, went missing as soon as the heat was turned up in the 2nd half of the game, is one of the worst disposal users for a midfielder in the competition and has thus far produced 3 consecutive seasons of 24-27 disposals and you are telling me Harry Taylor would not have had a bigger influence at Richmond if the players were swapped around o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong should offer the Hawks Selwood for Josh Gibson, should win the Cats another 3 flags as it will "automatically make them a better side".

Comparing a 2 x All-Australian in Taylor to another defender who prefers to punch the footy away as opposed to backing their judgement in the air kind of sums up your footy intellect.

Grab another seat on the banana bus you funny little troll.

Really?
Tell me, what the hell has Cotchin done since 2007....he's played in his first final last year, went missing as soon as the heat was turned up in the 2nd half of the game, is one of the worst disposal users for a midfielder in the competition and has thus far produced 3 consecutive seasons of 24-27 disposals and you are telling me Harry Taylor would not have had a bigger influence at Richmond if the players were swapped around o_O

This is getting ridiculous.

65% DE along with 2½ clangers per game (career). Go ahead and twist it around however way you like to suit your argument, 65% is by no means terrible but it's at the lower end..

Gary Ablett ran at 67% DE with 3.5 clangers per game in the 2013 AFL season . . . doesn't mean he is s**t.

Gary Ablett ran at 67% DE with 3.5 clangers per game in the 2013 AFL season . . . doesn't mean he is s**t.

Never mentioned Ablett and I never said Cotchin was s**t so how you came to that conclusion is typical podgey trolling at it's finest.

Anyone can extrapolate a statistic from one particular season to suit their argument as you have just done but how about giving us a greater sample such as Ablett's first 3 seasons where he gathered 25+ possessions playing as a full-time midfielder? Never mind, I'll do it for ya :)

Ablett ran at 76% DE with 2.6 clangers per game.

I'm biased but Taylor no.1 for me as it's tough to find a quality key defender let alone one who happens to stand out and has done so for a long period of time now. His versatility is just another bonus to his game and now at 27, this is the period of time most defenders put it all together for a good 3 or more seasons.

Take away Cotchin and put in Taylor....Richmond automatically become a better side as midfielders are a dime a dozen, as good as what Cotchin currently is.

So take Selwood out of the Cats and put in Carlilse or Ben Reid and you would become a better side?

Never mentioned Ablett and I never said Cotchin was s**t

You said he was one of the worst users in the competition. That equates to saying that he's s**t.

Anyone can extrapolate a statistic from one particular season to suit their argument

Not really, the statistic relates to a comparison of Ablett's seasonal form, so it's the perfect sample size.

Ablett ran at 76% DE with 2.6 clangers per game.

Now this is extrapolating stats to suit an argument.

You said he was one of the worst users in the competition. That equates to saying that he's s**t.

Equating and actually saying are two different things podge, quote me saying he was s**t and I'll happily agree with you.
Just because someone assumes a player is a poor user of the football, which the statistics back up, doesn't mean they are s**t.

Not really, the statistic relates to a comparison of Ablett's seasonal form, so it's the perfect sample size.

Ok now your improving, this I agree on given Gazza was fairly mature by the time he moved into midfield and he had a champion crop of players beside him so he may not have necessarily copped the tag on a weekly basis as what Cotchin did/does so let's use Ablett's later seasons to get a better example of how well he used the footy (or not).....2010-2012 when he's clearly been on a another level and copping a tag every single weekend

DE between seasons 2010 and 2013 was 71% along with 3 clangers per game.

Fair to say the comparisons you are trying to make between Ablett and Cotchin aren't quite as close as what you believe them to be.
And let's not forget, Richmond's midfield has been in pretty good shape for a number of years so it's not as if Cotchin has been the only star player as what Ablett has been up at the new franchise.

So take Selwood out of the Cats and put in Carlilse or Ben Reid and you would become a better side?
If Harry Taylor wasn't playing, probably.

Having your best forward and defender playing is more important than having your best midfielder playing. Say if Port were missing Schulz, we are missing a huge target to kick to. If Trengove wasn't playing, we're going to have a hard time against monster forwards like Sydney, Adelaide etc.

Equating and actually saying are two different things podge

Who said they weren't? I didn't say you said he was s**t, I said he's not s**t, which you were intimating with your comment that his disposal is s**t.

DE between seasons 2010 and 2013 was 71% along with 3 clangers per game.

I didn't ask you to handpick another series of stats.

The only stats I have available to me (2013) put Cotchin equal to or above Gary Ablett in terms of disposal and just general skills for the most recent 20 odd games. Given that this is the most recent collection of games, your analysis that his disposal IS s**t would need to be questioned if we accept your interpretation that these stats are indicative of disposal ability.

Firstly, Selwood is a superior footballer to Cotchin as he's done it in finals and been more consistent over a longer period of time so why you North Melbourne folk keep using Selwood as the equal of a Trent Cotchin is surprising and secondly, Jake Carlisle? Are you serious? Ben Reid I will agree on but please :p

And yes, I honestly believe that if Reid slotted in down at CHB, we could move Taylor to CHF as he also looks a natural forward and I think we would get just enough production from our current midfield that Geelong would actually improve using that basis.

It's the old Scarlett or Junior who was more valuable debate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back