3. Jack Gunston
4. Dustin Martin
5. Jake Carlisle
6. Ben Cunnington
7. Michael Barlow
8. Mitch Duncan
9. Ben Stratton
10. Stewart Crameri

I accept people putting Martin above Gunston but i don't see how Carlisle can be rated more highly.

1) Nathan Fyfe
2) Jack Gunston
3) Daniel Talia
4) Dustin Martin
5) Ben Cunnington
6) Michael Barlow
7) Jake Carlisle
8) Mitch Duncan
9) Allen Christensen
10) Aaron Black

1. Fyfe
2. Talia
3. Gunston
4. Martin
5. Carlisle
6. Barlow
7. Duncan
8. Cunnington
9. Christensen
10. Stratton
11. Crameri
12. Reid
13. Black
14. Jetta
15. Scully
16. Hutchings
17. Jaensch

Not a good draft. Fair few wouldn't impact the screen on other drafts. Granted we have had a fair few players grounded by injury here......

B&F in a top 4 team in 2014. His game on Saturday night was incredible.

Fyfe is the only one that is clearly better.

Please....

Talia by a mile, Dustin Martin by a mile, Gunston by a mile.

After that, sure, you can talk about whether he slots in to the next spot, but if the inference in bumping the thread was that Cunnington was somehow a star - not a chance.

I think you'd have him 5th, behind Fyfe, Gunston, Talia and Martin.

A contested beast whose finals numbers (26 touches, 15 contested, 7 clearances over six finals) are huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe = lock
Talia
Martin
Gunston

Barlow
Then probably Cunnington at 6
Then Duncan

When you think about it those three are pretty interchangeable, I guess I just rate Barlow higher. Like I said Cunno is a gun though

I like this from the HS today:

Ben Cunnington - this bloke is the best exponent of the handball in the comp, so much so that the umpires often ping him for throwing when in fact it's classic sleight of hand. His numbers were strong against Kennedy as well - 29 disposals, five tackles and seven clearances.

Fyfe = lock
Talia
Martin
Gunston

Barlow
Then probably Cunnington at 6
Then Duncan

When you think about it those three are pretty interchangeable, I guess I just rate Barlow higher. Like I said Cunno is a gun though
Barlow??? Cunners went past him this year. That average 23 touches each a game - Cunners with 14 contested, barlow 9, Cunners 7 clearances and Barlow 2 per game. Being 4 years younger I know who I would prefer.

Duncan -no

At a quick glance I'd probably have Cunnington fifth.

Aside from the four mentioned, the only others that come to mind that you could have a discussion about would be Jetta, Duncan, Reid - I reckon he has them all covered, though it's not a huge gap.

At a quick glance I'd probably have Cunnington fifth.

Aside from the four mentioned, the only others that come to mind that you could have a discussion about would be Jetta, Duncan, Reid - I reckon he has them all covered, though it's not a huge gap.

Jetta? The 2 kicks on the weekend Jetta?? Really?? Are you getting confused with Leroy or Neville??

Barlow??? Cunners went past him this year. That average 23 touches each a game - Cunners with 14 contested, barlow 9, Cunners 7 clearances and Barlow 2 per game. Being 4 years younger I know who I would prefer.

Duncan -no
I'm judging them on their careers as a whole, Barlow has been a gun since day one
I will rate Cunno higher when we pick him up as Sam Mitchell's replacement in a few years time

I like this from the HS today:

Ben Cunnington - this bloke is the best exponent of the handball in the comp, so much so that the umpires often ping him for throwing when in fact it's classic sleight of hand. His numbers were strong against Kennedy as well - 29 disposals, five tackles and seven clearances.
HS obviously don't see a lot of Hawthorn. Some bloke who wears no. 5 goes ok.
Love Cunnington though. Now fulfilling his prodigious talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back