Analysis Rise From Your Grave! The 2015 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 - Hawthorn, Adelaide Oval - ANZAC Day

This is the sort of game you just have to be at to say "I was there" because you know it's going to be epic. A full strength Hawks vs a full strength Port Adelaide - Rocky Balboa vs Apollo Creed, the rematch. I'm getting pumped just thinking about how fantastic a spectacle this match is going to be, because Port plays the same style that Geelong did in 2007-2009 - the style that Hawthorn had so much trouble with. And with the added occasion of ANZAC day, and at night? Chills.

Accommodation already booked. Am already practicing lest we forget.

Janus said:
This is the sort of game you just have to be at to say "I was there" because you know it's going to be epic. A full strength Hawks vs a full strength Port Adelaide - Rocky Balboa vs Apollo Creed, the rematch. I'm getting pumped just thinking about how fantastic a spectacle this match is going to be, because Port plays the same style that Geelong did in 2007-2009 - the style that Hawthorn had so much trouble with. And with the added occasion of ANZAC day, and at night? Chills.

I'm definitely heading over for this one!

"Welcome to your doom!" - Polo McLachlan

Back in the eighties, there was this arcade game called Altered Beast. It was a side scrolling beat-em-up that was set in ancient Greece or Rome or some s**t. Anyway, the point of the game was to kill these white two headed dog/wolf things and collect floaty balls of light that would boost your character, who started off being pretty s**t, until finally you could go Super Saiyan and kick some major undead ass.
I couldn't get past the second level of that bloody game when I was a kid LOL

If we deserve flag favouritism, if we want to win the whole damn thing, we have to beat the best teams ... several times.

Just looking at our away games in 2015 and we have a reasonably good draw.

R1 - Freo @ Paterson's
R3 - North @ Etihad
R7 - Brisbane @ Gabba
R9 - Melbourne @ Traeger Park
R12 - Carlton @ MCG
R14 - Sydney @ SCG
R17 - Essendon @ Etihad
R19 - Bulldogs @ Etihad
R21 - Hawthorn @ Etihad
R22 - Gold Coast @ Metricon

We have avoided Hawthorn at the G and Geelong altogether. Obviously Freo at Subi, Hawthorn at Etihad and Sydney at the SCG will be tough but the rest of the games are definitely winnable. I can see a minimum of 5 wins there which is going to go a long way to securing a top 4 spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at our away games in 2015 and we have a reasonably good draw.

R1 - Freo @ Paterson's
R3 - North @ Etihad
R7 - Brisbane @ Gabba
R9 - Melbourne @ Traeger Park
R12 - Carlton @ MCG
R14 - Sydney @ SCG
R17 - Essendon @ Etihad
R19 - Bulldogs @ Etihad
R21 - Hawthorn @ Etihad
R22 - Gold Coast @ Metricon

We have avoided Hawthorn at the G and Geelong altogether. Obviously Freo at Subi, Hawthorn at Etihad and Sydney at the SCG will be tough but the rest of the games are definitely winnable. I can see a minimum of 5 wins there which is going to go a long way to securing a top 4 spot.

I'd prefer we hadn't have 'avoided' Hawthorn at the G.

Altered Beast. Put that in the things that haven't crossed your mind for 25 years basket.

11213330696_f8c3337ae2.jpg

I was about to consign Space Invaders to the garden shed of my mind when they played it on an episode of Futurama. That game was a phenomenon, I was in England in 1978 at Euston station and I went to get a cup of tea. The queue outside the café was 20 metres long and I thought I'd never get in until I realised the queue wasn't for food, it was to use the Space Invaders machine.

I think we deserve more games at the G in preparation for the bigger picture

I always was pleased when the SANFL fixture for the Magpies gave us plenty of games at Footy Park. I'm sure that helped us win flags.

agree

I think we deserve more games at the G in preparation for the bigger picture
It's just the reality we have to face being one of the small drawing away teams. As mic59 pointed out, we were often scheduled at Footy Park in the SANFL days because we were the big fish at the time. I suppose the only way to change this is to increase the fanbase/membership numbers outside SA but that is a lot easier said than done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back