Preview Rnd 22 - Carlton v Port Friday 22nd August 7.20PM @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

carltonfc: Malthouse: "We might be blooding another player this week. I need to check where Daisy and Troy are at with their injuries."

Byrney?

Maybe I'm reading WAY too much into this, but Tony De Bolfo just tweeted to Ciaran Byrne "good on you" but it wasn't in response to anything. Could he perhaps know a debut is on the cards this week?
He deserves it, talented young player with good form in the VFL. He'll fit in quite nicely.

I'm seriously concerned we're going to have another Judd moment if we bring Kreuz back - I know he's had a run in the twos and has been training for a while, but I just can't shake the feeling this won't be good for him. I am VERY happy to be proven wrong though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems like we have been training Holman in a Brett Kirk like role in the VFL. Anyone agree ?

LOL. Yeah. If he could be just as effective as Brett Kirk then that would be more than handy for our future

It hasn't happened before.

Time for Rogers to head over to Ireland and get Kilkenny to come to where he should have in the first place.

Lad just did an ACL. Might struggle to get back into that strong Dublin side.

So back to this Friday's game... Changes based on recent mail?

OUTs - Ellard, Daisy (knee/ankle - shouldn't be risked), Menzel (shoulder - shouldn't be risked)

Possible INs - Garlett, Kreuzer, Watson, Byrne, Holman

So we know there could be another debutant i.e. Byrne/Holman. I'm in the majority in that we should play Kreuz in the VFL for a full game before playing him in the final round v Essendon - if decide to go tall, I'd go Watson. However, I don't think we necessarily should due to Port's running game.

My thoughts:

OUT - Ellard, Thomas, Menzel
IN - Garlett, Johnson, Holman
Sub: Armfield

Garlett - played a better game last week and should be given a chance to prove he's capable of playing a role in the seniors despite his off-field problems. His attitude to this game (and possibly next week's game) could decide his fate in the Navy Blue. Need a good crumbing fwd and would realistically replace Ellard.

Johnson - should only be played if Daisy doesn't pull up, which I don't believe he should play unless 100%. Will replace Menzel in the forward line.

Holman - needs to be rewarded for consistently good form in the VFL and can effectively play Brock's role, with Armfield being our 'running' sub.

Emergencies - Watson, Lucas, Byrne.

Is anyone else going to the dinner before the game?

I cannot for the life of me remember if they emailed tickets through or if we just give our names...and I've done searches in both my email accounts and can't find anything. Starting to panic...

Is anyone else going to the dinner before the game?

I cannot for the life of me remember if they emailed tickets through or if we just give our names...and I've done searches in both my email accounts and can't find anything. Starting to panic...

If you need assistance head to the ticket office in the Southern Plaza, the left hand side of the entrance, generally very efficient and that's where I have been for ticket issues, unless your in the East but i'd suspect your in the Riverbank Stand (South).

Haven't read previous posts on your potential ins and outs, but are you likely to blood some young fella's this week? You've been playing well so it should be a pretty good game in front of a massive crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back