Autopsy Roast & toast vs Suns & changes for West Coast round 8

Best vs Suns

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard it was different. Either way wish they paid it
Should have been paid, zero pressure and could easily have just grabbed the ball. AFL will tick it off as if he was desperately trying to touch the ball before it went through the goals though.

Probably didn’t pay his wage. Surprised the lights are still on there tbh just come across as a povo suburban club
extanded ratten contract then sacked him two months later and still rely on handouts.
biggest s**t stain in the comp.

Was a great day yesterday.
Took three hours to get to the game thanks to V/Line.
Had some ******* sitting behind us with no clue.
My vape caught fire in my pocket during the last quarter almost causing a mass evacuation where I nearly came to blows with said ******* behind us.
We played like s**t and lost.
Said fire ruined my $100 Macpac vest and melted my Kit Kat Chunky that I was saving for the trip home.
Dropped my Hungry Jacks chips on the concourse no less than 30 seconds after buying them and was absolutely craving the bastards.
Took three hours to get home thanks to V/Line.
Got on the wrong bus going home so had to get a $50 Uber from Geelong station instead of Marshall station to Barwon Heads.
Got home and the dog had vomitted all over the loungeroom floor and had to clean it up while nearly barfing myself because it was disgusting.
Set the alarm to watch Spurs vs Liverpool and watched Spurs go three goals to nil down, only to come back to level it at 3-all with two minutes to go only to see Liverpool score 30 seconds later.
....but the weather was nice!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i said in another post that there were more moans and groans than an adult only movie. It is very much as you said it. One leads to another which leads to more. Then it stops (siren). As you can see, this is the first scoring attempt of the game.

Crikey that pisses me orf wasn’t even close , reckon I’ve seen better efforts from grandpa at Auskick , pull ya finger out kiddo that’s what ya paid for

What I’ve noticed since our years where we’ve become a powerhouse both on and off the field the club quickly tapers off to nothing. We are lucky now that we are financially stable bc mainly due to our large number of members and sponsorship which is a testament to all the people managing the club . So we can afford a drop of 15-30 % in membership if times get tough and still operate smoothly. My concerns atm are:
I’m not for sacking KDH, but I do want him to have better assistants who can prepare our players to a new game plan. Blind Freddy could see that hard times could soon hit us with our triple / double premiership jets ageing , injured , retiring and leaving. I thought we could survive for two more seasons at the top, but it’s come earlier than my expectations.
My real concerns atm is player fitness, player hunger , recent drafts, game plan -which is hard to assess with so many injuries ; kids development and decline of most and why so many injuries since we got a new fitness man in?
KDH hunger to succeed and his poor attitude in press conferences is an also a concern , Neil Balme seemingly to have lost his ruthlessness - maybe bc of his illness scare last year and finally what happens if Benny goes. There are a lot of issues now that are more serious than 2016 bc we had a stable and intelligent lot of people at the top which I shamefully underestimated back then. Peggy is also gone and the top decision makers are now thinner Or inexperienced.
My question poses is that it’s been almost seven years since we had that external review which put everyone from Benny to the orange peeler on the one page and ironed out most of our problems at the time. So do we need to invest money into another review to get everyone back on track focusing on how to win our next premiership? I believe people at the top have just gone back to pre 2016 believing a premiership was just going to evolve and instead hairline cracks opened up into ones Possibly arising from a natural disaster. KDH at the start of the year stated that this was the best list he’s ever had and I was with him on it also, but who could’ve predicted all our injuries, ageing players form dropping off and our kids mostly dropping off or some just not at the level ? Has complacency and arrogance set in again?

What I’ve noticed since our years where we’ve become a powerhouse both on and off the field the club quickly tapers off to nothing. We are lucky now that we are financially stable bc mainly due to our large number of members and sponsorship which is a testament to all the people managing the club . So we can afford a drop of 15-30 % in membership if times get tough and still operate smoothly. My concerns atm are:
I’m not for sacking KDH, but I do want him to have better assistants who can prepare our players to a new game plan. Blind Freddy could see that hard times could soon hit us with our triple / double premiership jets ageing , injured , retiring and leaving. I thought we could survive for two more seasons at the top, but it’s come earlier than my expectations.
My real concerns atm is player fitness, player hunger , recent drafts, game plan -which is hard to assess with so many injuries ; kids development and decline of most and why so many injuries since we got a new fitness man in?
KDH hunger to succeed and his poor attitude in press conferences is an also a concern , Neil Balme seemingly to have lost his ruthlessness - maybe bc of his illness scare last year and finally what happens if Benny goes. There are a lot of issues now that are more serious than 2016 bc we had a stable and intelligent lot of people at the top which I shamefully underestimated back then. Peggy is also gone and the top decision makers are now thinner Or inexperienced.
My question poses is that it’s been almost seven years since we had that external review which put everyone from Benny to the orange peeler on the one page and ironed out most of our problems at the time. So do we need to invest money into another review to get everyone back on track focusing on how to win our next premiership? I believe people at the top have just gone back to pre 2016 believing a premiership was just going to evolve and instead hairline cracks opened up into ones Possibly arising from a natural disaster. KDH at the start of the year stated that this was the best list he’s ever had and I was with him on it also, but who could’ve predicted all our injuries, ageing players form dropping off and our kids mostly dropping off or some just not at the level ? Has complacency and arrogance set in again?
If our fortunes don’t significantly improve and I’m not that hopeful , I’m at peace with dimma pursuing opportunities elsewhere and we move on , my spider senses are suggesting a circuit breaker may be req to start making our own luck , we just appear to be pushing s**t uphill right now

I get that …but im focused on the need for on field leadership…actions not words…especially with young players

dont get me wrong…I love Grimes and Nank as players but I feel the captaincy has burdened them somehow…and missing via injury …ultimately…either or would be better

Cotch as a leader has been amaking…always engaged on field …gives the players a wrap…leads by example

just think the captaincy role needs to be looked at soon….we…as humble supporters can’t make the call…but I like what Bakes displays every time he plays…captain qualities
I didn’t like that they went for the dual captains but I understood we didn’t really have the standout option at the time that could handle everything.
Cotch left big shoes to fill so we appointed 2 to do it!!
Baker might be OK.
We aren’t going to change now, it will be at the start of next season (if we do it), so let’s sit back and see how it pans out for the rest of the year.
Also who is to say you throw that burden on Bakes and it won’t have an effect on how he plays.
It is what it is for now so best we can do is get behind our boys and back them to turn things around and start playing better footy, sooner than later hopefully.

Unfortunately I've been to every game this year excluding the Crows. We were just up there for the weekend and chose to come home early to go to the footy. Bad mistake....

That is unfortunate! I think I was lucky that the game wasn’t on television up here (Sydney) but reading the comments in the game day thread painted an incredibly ugly picture of the game, which I can only imagine was worse in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back