Autopsy Roast & toast vs Suns & changes for West Coast round 8

Best vs Suns

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has been floated here and there on the forums yeah, doubt it’ll happen
dont know if its been mentioned but what if Daniel was moved to the small fwd position for the remainder of the season ?
Why ? He is actually one of the few players that hasn't been a total disgrace this year

You don’t have a year like last year when we should have been top four, was the highest scoring team, coughed up a win against Geelong in an epic game that we should never have lost etc etc and not have the talent … The fact that we didn’t finish top four; that we didn’t nail those wins is the clue as to what our problem is and it’s even bigger this year.

Unfortunately, we’re kind of like the gangly horse that gets carried wide on the home turn and flashes home to get beaten a short head in one of the better two-year-old races at Randwick and everyone wants to be on it next time but of course it misses the start and never gets into and has to barrier trial; then it jumps brilliantly and races on the speed but doesn’t finish off; then it goes for a spell and has some specking in a midweeker at Canterbury but can only finish midfield; then it goes to Newcastle on a Saturday and still can’t get the job done; then, some months later, it appears first-up for a new trainer at Rockhampton and wins by six lengths at $1.60

If you add together the last five quarters, the score is 7.17
The inaccuracy has cost the two wins.
Should be 3-2-1
Need to delay and bring the ball in closer before firing away.

Have some support for West's and the whites too.
Pubs and bottlos, performing ok on the "Drown yer Sorrow" index. Expected to keep going in my hood, but feeling it for you.
Does your town have anything left? A horse maybe?
Nathalia! Not much left. we do have an IGA that triple charges. The footy team is famous though and francis Bourke came from here and in fact I bought the unit his dad lived in.

If you add together the last five quarters, the score is 7.17
The inaccuracy has cost the two wins.
Should be 3-2-1
Need to delay and bring the ball in closer before firing away.
Watching the game I was saying this is a set up. No emotions missing shots and thought typical us we are bottling games for the only draft we don't have picks lol

West Coast have only 26 fit players and have stopped properly training so they can field a team. Would take some effort for us to drop this game.

AFL admits error over Murphy non-call - AFL admits error over Murphy non-call

Oh but won't admit error for the 6 frees missed against us in the 3rd quarter.
Both that incident and the deliberate rushed non-call in our game where both disgraceful. How umpires can miss such obvious free kicks is staggering. The umpires at Adelaide were completely sucked in by the locals, and they say there is no home ground bias with umpiring. Spare me please.

Has been floated here and there on the forums yeah, doubt it’ll happen
dont know if its been mentioned but what if Daniel was moved to the small fwd position for the remainder of the season ?
Daniel has been our most consistent defender the last couple of years. Finally found his niche down back, so would be crazy to make the move. Having said that, Dimma has made some crazy decisions this year, so anything's on the cards.:rolleyes:

West Coast have only 26 fit players and have stopped properly training so they can field a team. Would take some effort for us to drop this game.
We'll make it happen...lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both that incident and the deliberate rushed non-call in our game where both disgraceful. How umpires can miss such obvious free kicks is staggering. The umpires at Adelaide were completely sucked in by the locals, and they say there is no home ground bias with umpiring. Spare me please.
Wish our umpires got sucked in by the locals.
That deliberate point ,a farce.

Unfortunately this was the correct decision , he was inside the goal square line

No it wasn’t. You can only rush the ball through if under immediate opposition pressure, whether within 9-metres or not. He had no-one within 40m of him. Woeful decision that cost us a certain goal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No it wasn’t. You can only rush the ball through if under immediate opposition pressure, whether within 9-metres or not. He had no-one within 40m of him. Woeful decision that cost us a certain goal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Here's the rule:

1682982047780.png
He was well within the 9m zone so (a) doesn't apply, however he clearly wasn't under any immediate pressure so I would think that constitutes a free kick, right?

For example, let's say he had grabbed the ball, and then just walked it or handballed it or whatever across the line without anyone near him, it's a deliberate rushed behind.

Here's the rule:

View attachment 1676038
He was well within the 9m zone so (a) doesn't apply, however he clearly wasn't under any immediate pressure so I would think that constitutes a free kick, right?

For example, let's say he had grabbed the ball, and then just walked it or handballed it or whatever across the line without anyone near him, it's a deliberate rushed behind.

It was a clear free kick, as were several others during that 5 min period, then they went down the other end and got the softest free of the night 30m directly in front. Difference between being within a kick or down by 3 goals. Game over. 3 votes Umpire number 5.

There's obvious holes in our game at the moment - results don't lie - but i think we need to be careful throwing the baby out with the bath that sometimes happens when this sort of thing occurs.

There are going to be questions on the older guys at this time - JR had been firing until today, carrying the
If we don’t beat West Coast then Dimma has lost the players. Will be the only possible reason it could happen.

I doubt it is the case but if it happens media trucks will be all over Punt Rd.

Looking on Sunday i don't think he's lost them at all, and they are trying - we are just playing rubbish at the moment and as what happens every time you're playing rubbish everything on field and off field is completely over analysed.

It's a win/loss comp i get it - but to over react would probably do more harm at this stage.

Talk of Dimma being gone for mine is completely ridiculous, not helpful and feed Karen Corn and the media narrative against us ....

Just watching the replay (glutton for punishment)

Watch the passage of play from the centre bounce 15.25 to go in the 3rd quarter. Sonsie's "effort". Wow.

We were within 5 points and probably favourites to win the game before Vlastuin gifted them a goal and then that junk leading to a three goal lead.

The missed rushed behind, missed hold on Miller after the dropped mark, missed deliberate out of bounds (as clear as they come), holding in the marking contest on Dusty, all within a minute of footy. All four get paid against us every day of the week.

Yet we never ask the question of the AFL. McCrae arks up once and they get an immediate apology from the AFL.

I hate these sorts of weeks.
Feeling really flat footy wise - only thing to look forward to is a crap game this weekend against a team travelling even worse than us.
Knowing it will be a very unskilled boring slugfest in the rain and cold - both sides trying to out-clanger each other.

Tight all afternoon before we "kick away" to an unfulfilling win by 7 points. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back