Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just talking about one specific thing - $600 million + that was the responsibility of the government during those four years of liberal Government and why everyone blames the Andrews gov in isolation without considering the whole situation that led to that payout.

Mostly I think economics is bullshit, especially this neoliberal version we've been following for nearly half a century. But this is hardly the thread for that discussion.
Fairly sure it was Andrews who promised to fund the Commonwealth Games then realised he couldn't afford it. I mean it is a fair effort to rack up debt in Victoria's which is higher then the combined debts of NSW, QlLD and TAS combined. But .... the ALP have left Victoria in a great position.

The cover story of 'electromagnetic interference' is pretty hard to believe when the same rail line ALSO goes under the existing hospitals at Parkville.

Feels like a convenient excuse to save big money.

It’s not a cover story.

What doesn’t make sense to you?

The rail tunnels HAVE been upgraded under VCCC which is the point of the article.

Do you know what is involved in lead lining a section of bored tunnel the size of the Metro Tunnel? Especially a live tunnel, as it will be in a few months.

I suspect the Arden move back to Parkville will actually cost a hell of a lot of money in the long run.

I don’t think you fully comprehend the scale of the RMH project if you think it’s an excuse to “save big money”

Outside of Mecca and some of the worlds largest Nuclear Power Stations, it’s set to become the most expensive construction project ever undertaken in the world and by far the most expensive health infrastructure project in history. (Worldwide).

The build cost will be approx 600% more than any other hospital ever built in the world.

Last edited:
Fairly sure it was Andrews who promised to fund the Commonwealth Games then realised he couldn't afford it. I mean it is a fair effort to rack up debt in Victoria's which is higher then the combined debts of NSW, QlLD and TAS combined. But .... the ALP have left Victoria in a great position.
Yeah the Commonwealth Games was a silly idea. All these sporting events are. They peaked 24 years ago.

LOL, you have made the point without even acknowledging it. Of course the f-up was agreeing to do them in the first place. And yet we have fanbois applaud them for doing the "smart thing" and paying half a billion dollars to reverse their f-up.

I understand and agree with the argument that holding the Games would have been a disaster and might have caused even higher losses. But Victoria is the only state in Australia that paid half a billion dollars to avoid that debacle. The other states collectively paid about $0 to avoid it. Do you not realise how unacceptably s**t that is?
The previous NSW Government rejected the Commonwealth Games Association on numerous occasions before their final desperate throw of the dice directed at the Nats which was laughed out of the room - a regional Commonwealth Games.

Absolutely gobsmacked at the time that Victoria gave it the time of day, no surprise that it ended in tears.

The previous NSW Government rejected the Commonwealth Games Association on numerous occasions before their final desperate throw of the dice directed at the Nats which was laughed out of the room - a regional Commonwealth Games.

Absolutely gobsmacked at the time that Victoria gave it the time of day, no surprise that it ended in tears.
Yeah the mistake was definitely agreeing to host the Commonwealth Games in the first place. So that's on the Labor Govt. Likewise, the mistake with the east-west link was to commission the road. The outgoing Libs were clearly at fault there, it was a scorched earth, poison pill that they left behind. Cancelling an infrastructure project that computer modelling showed made precious little improvement to travel times and potentially made the problem worse was not a mistake. I would have preferred to see the incoming Govt negotiate a better outcome with the contractor and possibly got something useful built instead but I don't know whether that's a practical option in these situations.

AFAIC all sides of politics are ****ed and only serve their own self interest but how is it the people who set this s**t show in motion cop none of the public criticism for it when they should be strung up by their toes and used as public urinals?
Absolutely they are, both sides have had ample opportunity to adress the gas price issues, yet both were happy to sit on their hands while petroleum companies massaged their parties coffers. Meanwhile the multinationals plonked huge compressors on the bass straight platforms and sucked 100years of reserves out in 25 years whilst they enjoyed a royalty holiday.

Another blow to the Arden St precinct due to more broken promises by the inept Victorian Labour Govt.
Dan (the Corrupt one) promised in 2022 to build the biggest Hospital project the state has ever seen in North Melbourne as part of the Arden St Precinct.

Plan has now been canned due to the state being bankrupt.

At this rate we'll be lucky to get an upgrade on the Arden St coffee shop.

I still can't believe there was 37% of Victorians prepared to vote this corrupt inept govt in.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Another blow to the Arden St precinct due to more broken promises by the inept Victorian Labour Govt.
Dan (the Corrupt one) promised in 2022 to build the biggest Hospital project the state has ever seen in North Melbourne as part of the Arden St Precinct.

I still can't believe there was 37% of Victorians prepared to vote this corrupt inept govt in.

Cry more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Sky News.com

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was any more funding announced for the Jack Ziebell statue? When is that thing due to be finished, anyway?

I read this in Paul Murray's voice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back