Game Day Round 1: Adelaide Crows VS North Melbourne (Brown out, Jacobs in, Turner sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well, since we are only two weeks away from this, we may as well have a fred on it.

After a positive pre season the crows seem to have a mounting injury toll, particularly in the midfield, with that young gun Brad Crouch just ruled out for 6-8 weeks, the culler of Roos Kerridge in doubt and Thompson also seemingly not going to play.

Up forward they continue to look good, but down back they are letting spuds like Butcher kick multiple goals.

Still, they beat us, pushed Geelong at home and smashed Port so one could argue their pre season has been as good if not better than ours.

My feelings on this game sh1t me to tears. I should just write off the game as a loss given the round, the venue and the opponent, yet somewhere deep down i have hope.

Hope sucks.

I usually have a sh!t feeling leading up to round one too Dude, but not this year.

Call me crazy, but Higgins just looks like the type of player that is going to win us games off his own boot. I'm so rapt with his nab performance.

**** it, I think we'll pump them.

Heading across for this one, booked the tickets yesterday....though for the kids' sake we'd better win or the drive back could resemble this:

thecityofnewyorkvs-homersimpson5.png

I usually have a sh!t feeling leading up to round one too Dude, but not this year.

Call me crazy, but Higgins just looks like the type of player that is going to win us games off his own boot. I'm so rapt with his nab performance.

**** it, I think we'll pump them.

Thanks for addressing me by my name

If we hold Betts, we'll win. Simple.

They've gotta hold a lot of blokes.

Crouch out too now is massive.

To go with us you need a high quality midfield that bats very deep.

We'll beat them through sheer weight of quality numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take on this is that we need to boss the midfield and we have this in the bag.

Their backline is a weakness and is drew takes talia out of it the rest wont be able to handle our fwds.

Really think our team is very even and can cover anyone that has an off day- im very bullish about our chances this season.

Their coach has made it obvious that their emphasis will be on trapping the ball in their forward line. Hang onto the pill and pierce their wall and we could be off to the races.

I find it hard to see how we can lose this game. Our mids are better than theirs, our forwards better than their defenders and our defenders as good as their forwards. They have had a very good preseason, but with their injuries, I agree with MaddAdam that only Betts can save them.

With that in mind, who do we want to see wander up to Betts at the opening bounce? Scott's made no secret of the fact that he sees Betts as a hard leading KP, with his leap, so anything's possible IMO.

Their coach has made it obvious that their emphasis will be on trapping the ball in their forward line. Hang onto the pill and pierce their wall and we could be off to the races.

Higgo and LT running riot in this situation.

With that in mind, who do we want to see wander up to Betts at the opening bounce? Scott's made no secret of the fact that he sees Betts as a hard leading KP, with his leap, so anything's possible IMO.

Well I'm never much good at this, but my suggestion is Sammy Wright first up and Scotty Thompson second. Both have that bit of mongrel in them that will want to smash him. But as I said, I'm not much good at suggesting who should take anyone.

If we hold Betts, we'll win. Simple.

Who's the man for the job? My first thought is Shaun Atley (never forget his job on Stephen Milne in the game when we finally beat the Saints) but Scott Thompson sometimes does a great job on small forwards. I seem to recall he specifically held Eddie Betts pretty well back in his Carlton days.

Heading across for this one, booked the tickets yesterday....though for the kids' sake we'd better win or the drive back could resemble this:

thecityofnewyorkvs-homersimpson5.png

If we win, your car could end up looking like that if you have Victorian number plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back