Review Round 10 - GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Sunday June 7th, 1.10pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Time to move on from yesterday's disappointment.

Next Sunday's game is a must-win if we're to have any chance of a maiden finals campaign this year.

Phil Davis will be back, probably at the expense of Aiden Corr.

Apart from Corr, I can't think of anyone else who should be dropped st the moment. Rhys Palmer's getting close to a return, but probably for the Collingwood game.

Thoughts?

Interesting Kennedy got the best yesterday after a quiet game... He could be possibly under pressure from Hampton who has been pushing for a spot for weeks now

Haynes was reported to have hurt his knee ... If that's the case curtly is a certain in

Steele is a chance as well IMO but no idea who to drop to give him a run

Time to move on from yesterday's disappointment.

Next Sunday's game is a must-win if we're to have any chance of a maiden finals campaign this year.

Phil Davis will be back, probably at the expense of Aiden Corr.

Apart from Corr, I can't think of anyone else who should be dropped st the moment. Rhys Palmer's getting close to a return, but probably for the Collingwood game.

Thoughts?
Hoskin-Elliott and Coniglio should be Number 11 for the Demons.

Atrocious yesterday.

Need a big body up fwd and since Patton is not gonna come in and the cupboard is bare in that dept I'd be bringing some manic tackling pressure, ball just rebounded out far too easy yesterday.

Finals should really be taken out of the equation. We might get there, but this game is must win for other reasons. Like proving we have improved enough to regroup and take down a side we should at home. We must win this to prove to ourselves that the improvement is real.

This is no push over game. Lions have steadied somewhat and have the ability to presurise usin the same way the Dags did yesterday. They don't have the talent or reason to match the Dogs, but they can do it. Make no mistake, they will beong to school on yestedays game.

Our forward line looked imponent yesterday, and there will be a temptation by some to call for change. The reality is we were smashed in the middle and araound the ground in clearances. Our forward line never had a chance. They should be right to go next week. Our back line wore the brunt of our problems yesterday, so one or two changes might be needed to help out there. Davis for Corr is an obvious one.

It is our mids that will come under most scrutiny I think. I am not averse to a couple of changes there to send a message. However, I would much prefer to see experienced guys coming in under those circumstances. It is a shame Palmer isn't ready. Still, Barrett, Lamb or Steele would be close. Lamb or Steele would see Toby go back to the centre for most of the game.

Looking forward to watching the boys turn it around at Spotless on Sunday!

Probably an unpopular opinion, but if it weren't for the lack of experienced replacements I would consider dropping Griffen to the two's for a wake up call following that performance against the dogs.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but if it weren't for the lack of experienced replacements I would consider dropping Griffen to the two's for a wake up call following that performance against the dogs.

Not the first bloke to have a bad game against his old team and prior to that had been among the best for the past couple of weeks.

Anyone have the balls to drop Cogs & WHE? Cogs 1 good game this year, maybe 2. WHE been utter tripe all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cogs no he's been going OK. WHE did look lost. Treloar needs a rocket.`

Note 3 of the big 4......anyone else care to comment

I thought our young mids had turned the corner on consistency. We have to put this week in context, we were towelled up and not many can hold their heads too high.

WHE is the one that needs to hit his straps. Injury has mad it hard to find momentum, but time is a ticking.

The contract speculation is going to have an impact for sure, but that is professional footy whether we like it or not. The young lads have got to learn to deal with that.

Corr out for Davis. They don't have an awful lot of forwards so I think staying small in the backline is a smart call.

I'd say Haynes will get rested with general soreness/ the knee complaint. Hampton in for him.

We got belted around the ears out of stoppages (just like v west coast) but I'm not sure changing the midfield is going to help that. Cogs far from our worst, and in that defensive role I feel he's been good this year, even though his numbers are down.

2 good games in my eyes. How many in yours?

Well I've had him in the votes three times (Melbourne, Sydney, Carlton) I don't think anyone played badly against the Hawks or the Suns, so there's 5 games. Nobody played well against the Weagles so he was hardly on his own there. Even against Adelaide he had 18 at 88% - not huge but hardly a stinker. And he was the sub in week 1 against the Saints so that hardly counts.

He's been quietly going about his business and doing ok. It's hard to stand out when Shiel has been running around next to him.

I made the mistake a few months ago to committing to something before checking the fixture. Can't make it to the game this week :cry:

Lions and Giants both coming off losses. If we put up the same soft crap we'll get done again.
I expect changes, maybe no more than 2-3. At least one new face. WHE would be nervous.

I will be making the trip down for this one.

As a supporter of expansion I'm very happy to boost your crowd numbers and was always keen on doing a GWS away from the moment you guys started in the AFL. Bit of a shame it's now when you guys are now good on the field. To be honest not overly confident (from a Lions pov) on this game but I am looking forward to visiting your ground.

I've heard your ground has the best food options in the AFL. Where's the best food places? Also how often does trains run from Olympic Park to Lidmcombe after game and frequency from Lidcombe to Central (where I'm staying)? And how long are ticket queues are on gameday? Friend has bought tickets but opted for venue collection.

Cheers in advance

Big fan of Coniglio here, I think his defensive game around the stoppages is unnoticed and allows others to create the offence, against Carlton he was freed from this role partially and was more damaging (due to the opposition maybe?) he could get the job on Beams this week or Scully?
No more news about Haynes or any other possible injuries from the game?
I will list what I see as possible changes for the Brisbane game
Davis for Corr
Wilson/Hampton for Kennedy or Haynes (only if injured)
Ruck for Stewart
Smith or WHE could be in danger of a couple of weeks in the neafl as well
all just possibilities at the moment and with my track record with picking i think i am covering at least a couple of options

Remove this Banner Ad

Back