Review Round 13 - Geelong d Bulldogs by 57 points

Too good tonight.

No ugly, gimmicky game plan like North fronted up with in Round 6. Just came out and played tough, skilled, pure footy. Always been that way, and I respect your club for it.

I hope we get to the game on time in Round 19, because it could be a hell of a contest.

Just finished work looks like a good win how long will Caddy miss do people think? He will be a big loss. Hasn't fully hit his potential yet but is a very important part of the team. And a number of injuries to players on the list are starting to add up.

We probably won't know until next week but if it's a medial anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks (although I would defer to VD on that one). Either way it looks like he should still be available for finals which is good news.

Look I dunno why everyones getting there knickers in knot. I'm not undermining us or our win, we were awesome. My honest opinion though is that the dogs weren't as far off us as the score would suggest. Most times when you beat a side by 50 you feel you can walk away saying well wont be seeing them again, I don't feel that way.

We kicked straight which this season is uncommon! We were red hot with our pressure which isn't the case every week! The dogs kicked poorly which is uncommon! The dogs were still very good around the ball and I thought looked threatening for a side that was beaten by 50 pts.

Its not always black and white! I'm not going to bag as when we lose, or just think we are the ducks nuts whenever we win! We were outstanding tonight but IMO there was more to this game than a typical 50pt win. Im confident we have the dogs measure but not to the point I won't be uneasy next time based on what I saw tonight.
You said that with less pressure we would have been in more trouble,and like I said it's a
ridiculous comment. Of course we would have been in more trouble,but in the context of what
actually happened in the game it's a redundant comment and lacks any logical merit.
Do you want me to read that rubbish and not reply?
Perhaps you would just like me to agree,regardless?
You know what,if we hadn't played so well,we might have lost! Duh!!
And something else,if I had won powerball I would probably be living in the Bahamas
and I would never have seen your post.
Oh the thought of it.

It is a good position to be in that some of our players are still a little down on what we believe they can offer.
Duncan
Caddy
Blicavs
Motlop- hard to tell with him
Stanley
McCarthy....

Others are superb, and I hope we can see them continue this.
Smith
Danger- I would love to wrap him up in cotton wool about now
Selwood
Bartel
Henderson
Boris

We certainly have not peaked yet, is my point, so we could be devastating in 3 months.
Blicavs was excellent tonight,he only had 16 tonight but was responsible for a lot of the pressure we are talking about.
He also had 11 tackles and 10 hitouts,two of which went 15 metres straight to Cats players and resulted in scores.
I'm sure some people see exactly what they want to see.

Blicavs was excellent tonight,he only had 16 tonight but was responsible for a lot of the pressure we are talking about.
He also had 11 tackles and 10 hitouts,two of which went 15 metres straight to Cats players and resulted in scores.

When it came to ruck contests and good hitouts, he was clearly the most effective ruckman on the ground.

You said that with less pressure we would have been in more trouble,and like I said it's a
ridiculous comment. Of course we would have been in more trouble,but in the context of what
actually happened in the game it's a redundant comment and lacks any logical merit.
Do you want me to read that rubbish and not reply?
Perhaps you would just like me to agree,regardless?
You know what,if we hadn't played so well,we might have lost! Duh!!
And something else,if I had won powerball I would probably be living in the Bahamas
and I would never have seen your post.
Oh the thought of it.

Settle dude, we're all friends here.

Wouldnt call Kersty a passenger. He contributed, wasnt getting the goals but was solid up the ground, good on the pursuit. Thought he created a lot of space by spreading the dogs backline deep into the midfield making our slingshot and run in goal super effective.

Kept Bontampelli honest too.

Both knee and ankle by the looks.

It's as if those fickle footy gods said "Well, we' ll spare young Menzel. We'll swap his fate with Josh Caddy'.

Could Menz's knee take a medial strain? Does he even have any ligaments left, or did the docs replace them with cybernetic alloyed tubing? Is Daniel Menzel a cyborg now?

By the way, my prediction early in the Game Day threadcame true!

Geelong_Sicko said:
Gotta put the Leg-Rooters away early - looking for a big first quarter to sap their morale. Scoreboard pressure is a thing, a vital thing sometimes. If we let the Bulldogs get too close this kind of thing WILL happen;

hqdefault.jpg

Lots of hate towards us from doggie fans on their board, but on here the dogs are everyone's 2nd team just about.

Find that pretty funny.
Not a fan of our smugness seems to be a common theme. I guess we are to them what the Hawfs are to us.

Lots of hate towards us from doggie fans on their board, but on here the dogs are everyone's 2nd team just about.

Find that pretty funny.
Just a bit of emotional overreaction after a game we thought we'd be right in. Sometimes when opposition posters dip in after a loss it can be seen as patronising, however well meaning.
Not a fan of our smugness seems to be a common theme. I guess we are to them what the Hawfs are to us.
Nah, we're all in that boat. * Hawthorn.

Find that pretty funny.

No one wants to be everyone's 'second team'. There's a pretty clear reason why that's the case. If I were a Dogs fan, I'd want that perception changed pretty quickly, and there's only one way to do it.

Motlop's game was interesting. He kicked 2 and had over 20 touches but he never got out of 2nd gear it seemed. He was coasting and never took off with sheer pace, and a lot of his kicks were high hospital balls.

I dont mind the somewhat measured contribution in a big picture sense - with that said, the bolded infuriates me.

By doing that looping lollypop bullshit, it opens up the potential to opposition intervention, or worse, a total cluster * and turnover.

When it comes from a contested possession or clearance I have no issue - but when a looping ball from him comes under no pressure it just reeks of lack of composure and lack of awareness.

And when it goes pear shaped... lookout..

Its really just the looping ball that gets me.

Go Catters

Last edited:
Wouldnt call Kersty a passenger. He contributed, wasnt getting the goals but was solid up the ground, good on the pursuit. Thought he created a lot of space by spreading the dogs backline deep into the midfield making our slingshot and run in goal super effective.
People make to many excused for this bloke he was rubbish last night and should be dropped,a non paying passenger again,him and Caddies injury were the only low lights for me in what was other wise an outstanding display of footy.I don't get how Motlop and Murdoch get flogged by some here and they gloss straight over Kersten,he's was the elephant in the room here last night are people here to scared to call a spade a spade.

If Motlop doesn't get dropped, then something is going on that you don't need to worry about.
He was trying to draw an opponent toward him, which he did, and allowed him to pass it to a free player in front. No big deal, its called controlling the momentum. Motlop played very well, stood up in the absence of Guthrie, one of our best.

People make to many excused for this bloke he was rubbish last night and should be dropped,a non paying passenger again,him and Caddies injury were the only low lights for me in what was other wise an outstanding display of footy.I don't get how Motlop and Murdoch get flogged by some here and they gloss straight over Kersten,he's was the elephant in the room here last night are people here to scared to call a spade a spade.

Want him dropped after one lesser game?
You do remember he's only played 30 odd games right.....

Back