Autopsy Round 13 - Sydney vs Richmond @ SCG - Changes for GWS

The best 5 players tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Conca is going to really struggle breaking his way in, would need to come back in vfl , at least three games , running out of time. Ellis will be given a spot when fit, menadue can wait (12 mths off ) , so Morris, Lloyd , Dea , Thomas , McDonough and Lennon are the replacements. I expect Gordo to be only change , disappointing as he did alright , Lloyd the one for me. Would like it to be Lennon but not doing enough at vfl. Lambert will get 1 or 2 more chances to impress , will need to build on that showing to hold a spot , I reckon he can

Arnott would bring the intensity that Morris has up forward, in fact his best games have been as a forward. I'd like to see us give him a crack for the next few games especially if there's no one else putting their hand up.
the thing I see is a lot want gordon dropped. i know he has done some silly things but he also been at the contest a lot as well. i though his game was one of his better ones in that he didnt make those mistakes and when he was involved something happened He can take some courageous marks and is not frightened to put his body on the line as does arnot. Arnot has had chances but i believe Gordon has shown more. Dont get me wrong I was a fan of Arnot but I think Gordon is a better option and I am not making gordon a top 22 player

Both Gordon and Sam Lloyd tend to do ok in their first game back in the seniors. It is the subsequent games that they trail off.

Think that Steve Morris going to come back in?
I still say Gordon Is not our top 22 at the moment and may never be but as much as i love morris intensity i think gordon gives more options at the moment. If you watch his game he does coral and put forward pressure on its just not as extreme as Morris but he offers more going forward

Sydney lose to Richmond, it seems they can lose to any club now lol.
No,it's because Tross shutdown Buddy again which not many other teams can do unless they double team him.
Wouldn't be surprised if they had a crack at Rance.
Anyway besides Rance,it was a team effort in the second half.
Sydney are are still a great team.We just matched it with em.
They beat the Hawks away ffs.
Its interesting with the commentators of where the see us. before this game only Fremantle and the doggies of all clubs have beaten sydney. We should not have lost to the dogs and we are the only team to beat fremantle so far. One day we may get credit

I still say Gordon Is not our top 22 at the moment and may never be but as much as i love morris intensity i think gordon gives more options at the moment. If you watch his game he does coral and put forward pressure on its just not as extreme as Morris but he offers more going forward
Yeah, I don't think he is best 22 either. I do think he shows flashes of talent (as does Sam Lloyd), but it is not enough for me to say he is a best 22 player.

He does give more as a forward though than Morris at this stage. Sometimes, it is sad to see a player like Morris being dropped as he tries so hard, but the team comes first and the individuals second

Now I get to walk into the office tomorrow and face all the Swannies' "supporters" who were giving it to me on Friday afternoon. Except none of them really care... of course the joys of living in Sydney. Luckily the Waratahs lost as well so they can't feign AFL disinterest behind a Rugby Union win.

The most passionate Swans supporters (in my experience) live in Melbourne, probably starts with an understanding of the rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the thing I see is a lot want gordon dropped. i know he has done some silly things but he also been at the contest a lot as well. i though his game was one of his better ones in that he didnt make those mistakes and when he was involved something happened He can take some courageous marks and is not frightened to put his body on the line as does arnot. Arnot has had chances but i believe Gordon has shown more. Dont get me wrong I was a fan of Arnot but I think Gordon is a better option and I am not making gordon a top 22 player
I think you'll find most expect Gordon to be suspended this week and that's why they are looking at replacing him in the lineup this week.
I know there are some who don't rate him at all, I'm on the fence, he's ok depth, but probably needs to be replaced in the medium term.

I liked Gordon's game. Worth another start if he's not suspended. Personally I thought he barely touched him and will get a fine.

Sent from my brain using ESP.
Agree with both of these, brushed his chin at best and I think that the more time and confidence you give this kid the better he will get. Skills seem to be good enough, it is just a matter of him feeling like he belongs at this level for mine.

Agree with both of these, brushed his chin at best and I think that the more time and confidence you give this kid the better he will get. Skills seem to be good enough, it is just a matter of him feeling like he belongs at this level for mine.

Say what you will about him, but he is a dead eye dick. Only needs a few shots to have a huge impact.

Sent from my brain using ESP.

Totally unrelated but stumbled across this on the thick as pigsh*t Essendon board:

"Can Mitchell get fined/suspended?
What he did is very similar to racism. You would think in the current climate you would not go that far."

LMAO

and what their club did is cheating, so they should be thrown out of the comp.

Watched the third quarter again and Gordon was very influential IMO, a goal, some clutch marks and shepherds, not the worst at all.

Its interesting with the commentators of where the see us. before this game only Fremantle and the doggies of all clubs have beaten sydney. We should not have lost to the dogs and we are the only team to beat fremantle so far. One day we may get credit
Richmond definitely built some credit with their gutsy comeback on Friday. It was an odd game with Richmond's game plan to rough up the Swans seemingly failing as we got out to a comfortable lead.

But then the 3rd quarter happened. I still have no idea what happened there - Tigers fired up and were slick with the ball, umpires fired up (were terrible both ways - paid about 20 frees in the 3rd alone), and the Swans went to crap and butchered the footy repeatedly. Keeping in mind that was Sydney's biggest loss for the year, a lot of kudos needs to go to the Tigers. And also to the Tigers fans at the game who had some fun banter without taking it all too seriously like some others.

Back