MRP / Trib. Round 14: Cotchin ($1000), Batchelor ($1000) and Maric (1 week) watch - all accepted

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO both should get off with insufficient force

Cotchin was in the contest and open palm, don't have the video

Maric was going for a block and only had eyes for the ball, Steele dropped his legs and was caught high
wjwHm5A.png

Going by the grading system for Maric

The determining factor is the impact - Steele wasn't knocked out, pretty much got straight up, didn't remonstrate with Maric and continued to play so I'd say medium at worst, hopefully it comes in at low and he gets a fine.

Conduct: Careless
Impact: Medium
Base Sanction: 2 weeks
Early Guilty: 1 week

Or

Conduct: Careless
Impact: Low
Base Sanction: $1500
Early Guilty: $1000

At worst Ivvy 1 week and Cotch a fine.

But this is the AFL MRP and we are not Sydney so expecting we lose both for 2 weeks. Then again there is the main board conspiracy we are the new AFL golden child so now i'm guessing a fine.
Na cant see Cotchin getting games. Insufficient force.

Think Ivvy will miss 1 or 2 tops

Nothing in Cotchin's. Should get off. Maric should get a fine but a week is possible. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my brain using ESP.

With decisions like those from the Sydney game, the MRP paint themselves into a corner of no win.

Given the outcomes of Tippett and Buddy, and trying to look as objectively as possible, Maric's was less impact than Tippett, he hit him lower and the player got straight back up without any show of discomfort. Whereas Grimes was clearly impacted by Tippett's hit. On that basis I don't see how Maric's can be graded as serious as Tippett.

Maric should therefore escape without a sanction where he misses games.

Keeping the Tippett outcome out of consideration, on balance I can see his sanction should probably be a week as he was reckless and the swinging arm could have caused serious damage. However, according to the AFL's CEO, the outcome must be taken into consideration and as he did no damage, no weeks.

I can't see Cotch being in trouble but who knows.

will be interesting to see what happens with the spitting, not a good look, but with last weeks mrp in mind ivy to get three.

Think the spit was made to look worse by the angle. Reckon he was spiting on the ground as there was a couple of metres between he and miles from the side on view.

Ivan has every right to protect himself from third man up sniping scum, pisses me off you see it every week let go by the umps and as soon as one of the ruck men do something about it, he gets told it's wrong.

Stupid $FL

Any spitting on the ground should be fined.

Think the spit was made to look worse by the angle. Reckon he was spiting on the ground as there was a couple of metres between he and miles from the side on view.

perceptions and reality...........the AFL is all about perceptions (see Essendon saga)

Nathan burke who is on the MRP said yesterday the spitting was not a good look, again perception's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing will happen to Cotchin, it should be read as this " we have looked at the vision, it was a clumsy late hit, the appropriate penalty of a 50m was awarded, player took his kick and suffered no ill effects, no case to answer "

Maric: was clumsy, was looking to protect himself, if the GWS player hadn't of come in 3rd man up this wouldnt of happened and since the media haven't made a big song and dance about this we can let it slide under the table due to everyone pre-occupied with laughing at essendrugs "

Nothing will happen to Cotchin, it should be read as this " we have looked at the vision, it was a clumsy late hit, the appropriate penalty of a 50m was awarded, player took his kick and suffered no ill effects, no case to answer "

Maric: was clumsy, was looking to protect himself, if the GWS player hadn't of come in 3rd man up this wouldnt of happened and since the media haven't made a big song and dance about this we can let it slide under the table due to everyone pre-occupied with laughing at essendrugs "

really?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-04/five-talking-points-richmond-v-gws

These third up rules need to be fixed. Maric went for the block and then had his arm up when he jumped to contest the ball. He should also be able to protect himself in the ruck contest from other players cannoning into him. I think that in this run across the ruckman play you take your safety into your own hands

At worst Ivvy 1 week and Cotch a fine.

But this is the AFL MRP and we are not Sydney so expecting we lose both for 2 weeks. Then again there is the main board conspiracy we are the new AFL golden child so now i'm guessing a fine.

God I hope they both get off for the anger it will cause and so it fuels the conspiracy theories. Well that and we need them :D

Maric should have got the free kick as he was double teamed in the ruck contest ... third man up, courtesy of Geelong, is no longer allowed. Maric, the video shows clearly had his eye on the ball, has to be thrown out.

Cotchin, open hand and in the contest, nothing to see here either.

Although both of these incidents happened against the AFL love children, so therefore 3 weeks down to 2 for both. Further, a loading will be handed out for being a Richmond player!

Remember back to Lids 2 games down to 1 from the opening match of the season .... Tippett and Franklin were 10 times as bad as his and they got the exact same penalty ... Richmond clause no doubt!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back