Autopsy Round 14: Sydney vs Port Adelaide 3 Things you learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Whenever Swans posters question our place in season 2015, I'll point out our four quarter performance against Port in round 2, and against Port in round 14. Poor Poort...
You could point out the 2nd half against Freo, first and last terms against Hawks. But those two games have been our two full game efforts

1. I should have stayed in the bar or worn another layer
2. Mitchell can do more - I really want to see Mitchell on Mitchell in 2 weeks time
3. Tippett could end up being the highest paid Ruck next year (assuming he and Nankervis share the ruck duties)

Tippett & Nankervis could be a long-term solution to our senior rucks from next year onwards.

Hope we see Naismith before the season is out.

Longmire isn't a fool - there's a reason Towers gets regular call ups to the seniors - he can dominate a reserves game with his leadership, speed and goal kicking. When he gets to senior footy that confidence seems to go out the window and he looks like a kid wearing his dad's suit. That suggests a self-belief issue to me. If we were rebuilding we could afford to give him time to find his place but, for me, while we're in premiership contention he'll always be a depth player unlike Jones who looks like he relishes the big stage.

Towers kept getting into the right spots and almost doing some great things with the ball. I remember a few times last night when what he did almost worked. He has potential, I am sure of that, he just needs the confidence. If he believed in himself I think he would be a much better player as he has all the tools he needs to be a starting 21 player for us.

My 3:

1- If Jetta leaves Lloyd can be an excellent outside player!!!! (didnt get enough kudos!)
2- Shaw is cooked please go teach Aliir/Xav to defend in NEAFL
3- Nanka whilst ok is a poor mans tippet, slower, not as clean, similar ruck ability to drex.

point 4- see point 1!

1.We won with the cheating dog Stevic.
2. Havent changed my views on Towers, he's no good.
3. Jetta's last 2 games his 2nd halves have been pathetic

you would of loved some of jettas mark attempts in the second half when they fell a bit short

and his goal he took forever to just slot through while showboating a bit

I know it's not what the Swans were planning to do with Tippett, but if that does turn out to be the case, then we've essentially recruited Tippett to replace Mumford at a much higher price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the sub being removed next year? Will that see a return of permanent rucks? Could Nankervis replace Goodes and relieve Tippett from 2nd ruck duties (assuming Pyke continues, Naismith comes on or we get another first ruck)?
I seriously hope so!

I know it's not what the Swans were planning to do with Tippett, but if that does turn out to be the case, then we've essentially recruited Tippett to replace Mumford at a much higher price.

Yes, very expensive. I'm not confident Pyke can continue. Can we recruit a good Ruckman or will we split the duties between Tippett and Nankervis? The big risk is Tippett's knees!

Towers kept getting into the right spots and almost doing some great things with the ball. I remember a few times last night when what he did almost worked. He has potential, I am sure of that, he just needs the confidence. If he believed in himself I think he would be a much better player as he has all the tools he needs to be a starting 21 player for us.

How can he do 'great things' when he can't do simple things?

I don't buy the confidence argument, to me he looks soft. Doesn't attack the ball or the contest. Just gave us nothing last night. Only need to look at what Jack did in the 4th, bust a gut to get to space and give an option. Towers can do SIMPLE things like that but doesn't. Cunningham does it.

Was Reids 2 season slump where he couldn't take a chest mark just a lack of confidence?I t still baffles me how clean he was when he burst onto the scene, only to be awful for 2 seasons, and now he is awesome again.

Zak Jones had a kick that he took at full speed under pressure from a defender that went 40 metres inch perfect in front of Hanners on the lead.

The kid will be a jet

One of our best ball users you want traded?

I don't particularly want to see him go but I reckon we could get overs for him in the market.

You can juxtapose him and the side. Brilliant for patches. s**t for lots as well. With all the shades tossed in between.

I think his good just out weighs his bad at the moment. Just. Problem is with the trade ban I don't want to gamble on the draft. We might end up with another Towers. Screw that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back