Unofficial Preview Round 14 v WCE: The West Coast Melbourne Demon-Eagles™

Remove this Banner Ad

The following is inspired by this thread

With the mining boom over, West Australian investors began to look elsewhere. I was appointed by the MFC to attend a meeting with the West Coast Eagles’ Chief Financial Officer, Alan McNesbett. My phone conversation with Peter Jackson had been hurried, but I’d managed to catch the words ‘corporate takeover’ and ‘buyout’.

I met McNesbett outside Subiaco. He shook my hand and ushered me inside the ground.

‘Our club has a strong corporate history. The Messages on Hold strategy netted over $16 million per goal last year, and the cheersquad’s ‘S-G-I-O GO EAGLES GO’ chant is a hit with both kids and insurance bankers alike.’

He held the door open to me and we walked past a gleaming gymnasium. On the walls inside the gym were mid-sized posters of former Eagles champions alongside gigantic posters of former CFOs. A space, by far the biggest of the whole collection, had been reserved on the far wall for McNesbitt.

We continued walking and McNesbitt kept talking. ‘We’re thought leaders in the football business. Did you know we’re the only club actively seeking to insert subliminal advertising into our game-day operations? Although, I must admit, the drafting of Michael Coca-Cola has so far proved a real challenge. But we’re persisting.’

We continued down the corridor past the gleaming premiership cups of ‘92, ‘94 and ‘06. The cabinet stretched the length of the hallway and had enough spots for at least sixty more cups.

‘Here, let me show you something,’ said McNisbett as he shepherded me into his office. He pointed to a chair opposite his desk. I sat down while he rummaged through a filing cabinet.

On the wall was a large poster:

‘Hey, that looks kind of familiar,’ I said, pointing to the poster.

‘That? Oh yes, our intern Jamie did that for us. Looks good, doesn’t it?’

‘I have to be honest, Alan,’ I said. ‘The whole thing smells a bit off to me.’

‘The whole thing is financially sound,’ he said. ‘Of course, we’ll have to write off a few of your liabilities, but with the amount of capital we have we expect to be turning a profit in two years.’ He laid the manila folder in front of me.

I looked down at the file, which presented our club’s financial situation.

Assets
- Jesse Hogan
- MCC/MCG

Liabilities
- See Appendix A through Q

‘But,’ McNesbitt continued, ‘we feel that the charity of acquiring an operation such as yours will help the public perception of our club having a heart, something we’ve been sorely lacking for thirty years.’

I looked up from the file. ‘I can’t argue with the maths,’ I said. ‘But something doesn’t quite feel right. I guess I’m just worried this takeover will sell us out, and debase the history of my once proud club.’

‘Nonsense,’ said McNisbett. ‘We have the utmost respect for your organisation. And I do hate the word takeover. Here, listen to this, we even mocked up a club song for you that will celebrate our new … partnership.’

He opened iTunes and double clicked a file by a band called ‘The Jakovich Singers’. A thudding bass drum filled the room, followed by a throaty chant.

Hey Demons! Hey Demons!

Flag flying hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

[drum solo]

It’s an old flag, the grandest old flag, and we’re here, to see it fly

It’s an old flag, the grandest of old flags,

We’re the Demons, flag flying high

I pulled out my pen. ‘Where do we sign?’

Demons by 30 million dollars.

Last edited:
So we'd be the WAFC owned Indian Pacific Limited (trading as West Coast Eagles Football Club)Demon-Eagles

Hmmm, has a nice ring to it.

The following is inspired by this thread

With the mining boom over, West Australian investors began to look elsewhere. I was appointed by the MFC to attend a meeting with the West Coast Eagles’ Chief Financial Officer, Alan McNesbett. My phone conversation with Peter Jackson had been hurried, but I’d managed to catch the words ‘corporate takeover’ and ‘buyout’.

I met McNesbett outside Subiaco. He shook my hand and ushered me inside the ground.

‘Our club has a strong corporate history. The Messages on Hold strategy netted over $16 million per goal last year, and the cheersquad’s ‘S-G-I-O GO EAGLES GO’ chant is a hit with both kids and insurance bankers alike.’

He held the door open to me and we walked past a gleaming gymnasium. On the walls inside the gym were mid-sized posters of former Eagles champions alongside gigantic posters of former CFOs. A space, by far the biggest of the whole collection, had been reserved on the far wall for McNesbitt.

We continued walking and McNesbitt kept talking. ‘We’re thought leaders in the football business. Did you know we’re the only club actively seeking to insert subliminal advertising into our game-day operations? Although, I must admit, the drafting of Michael Coca-Cola has so far proved a real challenge. But we’re persisting.’

We continued down the corridor past the gleaming premiership cups of ‘92, ‘94 and ‘06. The cabinet stretched the length of the hallway and had enough spots for at least sixty more cups.

‘Here, let me show you something,’ said McNisbett as he shepherded me into his office. He pointed to a chair opposite his desk. I sat down while he rummaged through a filing cabinet.

On the wall was a large poster:

‘Hey, that looks kind of familiar,’ I said, pointing to the poster.

‘That? Oh yes, our intern Jamie did that for us. Looks good, doesn’t it?’

‘I have to be honest, Alan,’ I said. ‘The whole thing smells a bit off to me.’

‘The whole thing is financially sound,’ he said. ‘Of course, we’ll have to write off a few of your liabilities, but with the amount of capital we have we expect to be turning a profit in two years.’ He laid the manila folder in front of me.

I looked down at the file, which presented our club’s financial situation.

Assets
- Jesse Hogan
- MCC/MCG

Liabilities
- See Appendix A through Q

‘But,’ McNesbitt continued, ‘we feel that the charity of acquiring an operation such as yours will help the public perception of our club having a heart, something we’ve been sorely lacking for thirty years.’

I looked up from the file. ‘I can’t argue with the maths,’ I said. ‘But something doesn’t quite feel right. I guess I’m just worried this takeover will sell us out, and debase the history of my once proud club.’

‘Nonsense,’ said McNisbett. ‘We have the utmost respect for your organisation. And I do hate the word takeover. Here, listen to this, we even mocked up a club song for you that will celebrate our new … partnership.’

He opened iTunes and double clicked a file by a band called ‘The Jakovich Singers’. A thudding bass drum filled the room, followed by a throaty chant.

Hey Demons! Hey Demons!

[drum solo]

It’s an old flag, the grandest old flag, and we’re here, to see it fly

It’s an old flag, the grandest of old flags,

We’re the Demons, flag flying high

I pulled out my pen. ‘Where do we sign?’

Demons by 30 million dollars.
top preview! Demon-Eagles has a nice ring to it.

The drugs in Perth are awesome. I plan on taking a trip over there and doing an Australian Hunter S Thompson style expose' at some stage.

Kennedy 10 goals
Lecras 2 and 30 touches
Cripps 3 goals
Hill 2.5
Shuey 3 goals
Yeo 4 goals and 13 marks one mark of the year on Jack Watts
Nic Natt 47 hit outs to advantage, 4 goals and 39 possessions

West coast by 36.

Kennedy 10 goals
Lecras 2 and 30 touches
Cripps 3 goals
Hill 2.5
Shuey 3 goals

West coast by 36.

28 WCE goals to 22 MFC goals in slippery Darwin conditions?

Seems legit.

What's the maths curriculum like over in WA? Not great if this is anything to go by.

28 WCE goals to 22 MFC goals in slippery Darwin conditions?

Seems legit.

What's the maths curriculum like over in WA? Not great if this is anything to go by.
I'm currently sitting on Puckle street drinking a coffee in Moonee Ponds on my lunch break, but i'd imagine its probably half decent.
the margin tho was being generous

Hogan 10 goals
Watts 2 and 30 touches
Dawes 3 goals
Garlett 2.5
Vince 3 goals
Howe 4 goals and 13 marks one mark of the year on Jack Watts, who himself is sitting on Nic Nat's shoulders
Gawn 47 hit outs to advantage, 4 goals and 39 possessions

Melborne by 136.

This seems better to me.

Kennedy 10 goals
Lecras 2 and 30 touches
Cripps 3 goals
Hill 2.5
Shuey 3 goals

West coast by 36.

Contradictory statements much?

Hogan 10 goals
Watts 2 and 30 touches
Dawes 3 goals
Garlett 2.5
Vince 3 goals
Howe 4 goals and 13 marks one mark of the year on Jack Watts, who himself is sitting on Nic Nat's shoulders
Gawn 47 hit outs to advantage, 4 goals and 39 possessions

Melborne by 136.

This seems better to me.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: You are forgetting the plan ,man!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: You are forgetting the plan ,man!

Pack it in, CJ, has ****ed it up for everyone.:thumbsdown:

Self ban please CJ, give yourself a week to think about your actions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YEAH! Wait, who's CP.?

Edit: oh you sneaky wizard.

What in gods name are you talking about man?

If i was a wizard i would go back in time and not let CJ type out that message, a whole weeks work ruined by one selfish post. :(

Pack it in, CJ, has stuffed it up for everyone.:thumbsdown:

Self ban please CJ, give yourself a week to think about your actions.
Does this mean that we're going to have to find a new buyer for the club too?
STUPID, STUPID, STUPID CJ! WE WERE SO CLOSE!!!

Contradictory statements much?

Well the first 4/5ths of my post was obviously a piss take, the 36 was my realistic winning score.

Sensational preview - tempted to fly directly to Darwin just to belt out that song. And do the drum solo.

I have a real dilemma with this banter thread. It's a while now since I have been able to troll Weagles. I tipped them out of guilt for every game in 2014 because of this incident at tulla where I stepped on this guys foot and trying to jump back and apologise but sort of rolled same foot with my massive overloaded suitcase. He was okay about it. Seemed a nice guy. Big guy. Black. Dreads. So they lose, and turns out Nic Nat is carrying this foot or ankle injury etc ... recent ... mysterious in origin...

It has taken me a while to get over it.

I'm probably over it now though. Does anyone happen to know what time West Coast land in Darwin?

Sensational preview - tempted to fly directly to Darwin just to belt out that song. And do the drum solo.

I have a real dilemma with this banter thread. It's a while now since I have been able to troll Weagles. I tipped them out of guilt for every game in 2014 because of this incident at tulla where I stepped on this guys foot and trying to jump back and apologise but sort of rolled same foot with my massive overloaded suitcase. He was okay about it. Seemed a nice guy. Big guy. Black. Dreads. So they lose, and turns out Nic Nat is carrying this foot or ankle injury etc ... recent ... mysterious in origin...

It has taken me a while to get over it.

I'm probably over it now though. Does anyone happen to know what time West Coast land in Darwin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back