Autopsy Round 16: It’s like kissing your sister

Remove this Banner Ad

The perfectly constructed game plan destroyed by goal kicking. I give Horse some slack, but the direction and game plan tonight was top notch, and if not for the atrocity in front of goal, would be right in this season.

If we play with the same effort and intensity for the rest of the season, we’ve got a slim chance, because surely they abomination in front of the big sticks doesn’t happen again.

The perfectly constructed game plan destroyed by goal kicking. I give Horse some slack, but the direction and game plan tonight was top notch, and if not for the atrocity in front of goal, would be right in this season.

If we play with the same effort and intensity for the rest of the season, we’ve got a slim chance, because surely they abomination in front of the big sticks doesn’t happen again.
Bugger... jinxed us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have turned out form around and are now playing pretty decent footy. Unfortunately pissed away a really important opportunity to excorise some psychological demons. Fox kicks that goal and we go on a great run, as it is I have no idea what we bring next week.

Parker gets rubbed out for less than both of the Geelong tackles and not one single protest was made by any commentators. Geelong have two contentious tackles and all of a sudden the debate is in full swing about the rules being broken.

I get that the rule change and interpretatiom from AFL to protect against concussion has swung to far the opposite way but how about discussing the game that happened even if it was a draw.

A team that got smashed in the GF and first rematch comprehensively outplayed the premiers albeit couldn't finish accurately in front of goals and the game ended in a draw. Surely that's worth mentioning in the post match analysis?

I’ve watched a lot of football in my time, but until tonight I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse set shot then Tom Hickey’s effort in the 2nd quarter. Not only did he miss from 15 metres dead in front, he barely made the distance. Gee that was hard to watch.

2023 isnt going to be our flag year.

But gee the past 3 weeks give me cause for optimism moving forward:

* Campbell has come of age. Gun.

* Gus has emerged as the inside mid we desperately needed post JPK. Huge showings from a 19 year old.

* Blakey just about the premier rebounding defender in the comp.

* Errol already a potential AA.

* Rowy never has a poor game.

Throw in Chad, Logan and McI - I’m still firmly of a view we have the best young talent in the AFL.

We’re just a couple of key position players away from being a very, very good side in 2024. Better than the side that played a GF.

I’m not too upset at tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back